Ender's Game (2013 Film)

Jay

Obviously the same person who did the posters for the first two Iron Man films. Not bad, but rather generic. Hopefully the movie will excel with the story and actors, as marketing definitely hasn't.

Still don't like the tag line—in part because it directly contradicts the title itself. Why the hell would you call a movie something, then turn around and say it isn't what the title says it is? (Obviously I have another objection as well; those who've read the book will know what it is.)

- Uni

Back in the '80s they never put Facebook and Twitter links on the posters; why are they doing it now? Tasteless!

They should've put their Youtube account and their Wiki page too.

• 2 weeks later...

At least the soundtrack CD doesn't give away the ending.....

a2079201413df50ecdc1ff_l.jpg

a2079201413df57f91dc3a_l.jpg

Original Motion Picture Score
ENDER'S GAME
Music Composed by Steve Jablonsky (The Transformers Trilogy, Pain & Gain, Battleship)
In the near future, a hostile alien race called the Formics have attacked Earth. If not for the legendary heroics of International Fleet Commander Mazer Rackham (Ben Kingsley), all would have been lost. In preparation for the next attack, the highly esteemed Colonel Hyrum Graff (Harrison Ford) and the International Military are training only the best young minds to find the future Mazer. Ender Wiggin (Asa Butterfield), a shy but strategically brilliant boy, is recruited to join the elite. Arriving at Battle School, Ender quickly and easily masters increasingly difficult challenges and simulations, distinguishing himself and winning respect amongst his peers. Ender is soon ordained by Graff as the military's next great hope, resulting in his promotion to Command School. Once there, he's trained by Mazer Rackham himself to lead his fellow soldiers into an epic battle that will determine the future of Earth and save the human race.
Composer Steve Jablonsky, veteran of the Transformers franchise, creates the all-new musical world of Ender’s Game.
Summit Entertainment will open Ender’s Game nationwide on November 1.
Varese Sarabande Catalog # 302 067 227 8
Release Date: 10/22/13
Track List:
1. Ender’s War (3:27)
2. Stay Down (2:42)
3. Battle School (1:55)
4. Move It Launchies (:56)
5. The Battle Room (3:03)
6. Mind Game Part 1 (2:24)
7. Salamander Battle (3:34)
8. Mind Game Part 2 (3:55)
9. Dragon Army (2:44)
10. Dragons Win (3:53)
11. Bonzo (1:37)
12. Ender Quits (6:22)
13. Mazer Rackham (2:34)
14. Enemy Planet (3:50)
15. Command School (2:42)
16. Graduation Day (1:28)
17. Final Test (6:02)
18. Game Over (2:36)
19. The Way We Win Matters (6:14)
20. Ender’s Promise (5:09)
21. Commander (3:33)

http://www.varesesarabande.com/servlet/the-1129/Ender%27s-Game/Detail

Ender's Game has been rated PG13 for " some violence, sci-fi action and thematic material. "

In other news, here's a bunch of new pictures, from the 2014 calendar

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Ender-Game-Calendar-Features-Stills-Details-From-Movie-39523.html

Ender's Game has been rated PG13 for " some violence, sci-fi action and thematic material. "

In other news, here's a bunch of new pictures, from the 2014 calendar

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Ender-Game-Calendar-Features-Stills-Details-From-Movie-39523.html

Will be interesting to see how they handle the shower fight with Bonzo.

So . . . children under the age of 13 shouldn't be exposed to sci-fi action or dramatic themes? (If that's the case, they need to put the Star Wars trilogy back through the rating process.)

- Uni

Who cares about children under age 13? They're still discovering what's between their legs at that age!

The producers do what they can to ensure the movie hits that PG-13 sweet spot.

PY9ov.gif

I see what you did there.

Maybe they wanted him to go full Remote Control-style and he declined, although parts of Avatar and Spiderman venture quite deeply in that territory--- But of course, James fills it with his own style and musical knowledge.

It sounds fine. Typical Jablonsky, but I would have liked to hear what Horner would have done.

Me too :(

If Mancina and Zimmer defined the 90s with Media Ventures, then I'd say that Jablonsky helped redefine that sound in the 00s when they became Remote Control Productions. His score for Ender's Game has that ubiquitous sound that really exploded with his first Transformers score, but it's also surprisingly lyrical at times with some lovely string writing.

Definitely not the worst thing that could have happened to this movie. I might dare say that I like it.

Well I'm not saying I'm overjoyed and excited for the film, but I think it looks like they nailed some aspects of it fairly well. Not a fan of every single trailer showing the ending though. Either way I plan on seeing it at some point.

Is it okay to say this movie looks like it sucks bad?

The name Jablonsky attached to it doesn't help either.

The trailers look fucking terrible and Harrison Ford is not helping either

• 3 weeks later...

I saw the movie last weekend... can't exactly claim that I enjoyed it much (nor did my friend). Some nice visuals, but the script and acting didn't do it for me.