Intrada announces Alan Silvestri's The Avengers - A physical CD longer than the digital download!

Jay

INTRADA Announces:

546448_10150668957977169_569387168_91827

THE AVENGERS

Composed and Conducted by ALAN SILVESTRI

INTRADA/HOLLYWOOD RECORDS D001759402

To say that Alan elevated this film would be to undersell his achievement. He understood it, he subverted it, he influenced it, he smoothed some of its rougher passages and bettered its best... He gave the team its identity. --Joss Whedon, Director

For the 2012 Marvel Studios release The Avengers, composer Alan Silvestri returns to duty following his Captain America (2011) score. Building on his style established for the earlier film, Silvestri broadens beyond just one super hero to an entire team. This large-scale special-effects extravaganza called for music that is equally large and dynamic, armed with themes, action and thrills. It features 80 musicians and in the words of Joss Whedon, "Alan has provided a score that is so specific, so narrative-based, but still has the undeniable power and fluidity of those more diffuse accompaniments. You can hear the themes, the moments...and just bathe in the greatness." While Silvestri's theme for Captain America returns, he also introduces a host of others, including one of the score's highlights -- the theme for Black Widow -- introduced as a lonely, plucked, theme with an eastern European flavor to define this character.

For this release, Alan Silvestri and David Bifano produced an album featuring 75 minutes of score on this exclusive CD release from Hollywood Records and Intrada.

When an unexpected enemy emerges that threatens global safety and security, Nick Fury, Director of S.H.I.E.L.D., assembles a team consisting of Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Black Widow to pull the world back from the brink of disaster. The film opens May 4th and stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, and Tom Hilddleston. The Avengers is based on a the ever-popular Marvel comic book series with the same name, published in 1963 and has been a comics institution every since.

Track List:

01. Arrival 2:59

02. Doors Open from Both Sides 3:29

03. Tunnel Chase 4:47

04. Interrogation 2:38

05. Stark Goes Green 4:46

06. Helicarrier 2:09

07. Subjugation 3:40

08. Don’t Ta ke My Stuff 5:06

09. Red Ledger 5:10

10. Assault 4:25

11. They Called It 2:41

12. Performance Issues 4:56

13. Seeing, Not Believing 4:25

14. Assemble 5:21

15. I Got a ride 4:00

16. A Little Help 3:49

17. One Way Trip 5:50

18. A Promise 3:34

19. The Avengers 2:03

INTRADA/HOLLYWOOD RECORDS D001759402

Retail Price: $19.99

AVAILABLE May 1, 2012

For more details, please visit

http://store.intrada...it.A/id.7566/.f

Eagle-eyed readers might notice that this track list is different than the previously announced digital download version..... which had this track list:

1. Arrival (2:59)

2. Doors Open from Both Sides (2:48)

3. Tunnel Chase (2:36)

4. Stark Goes Green (2:41)

5. Helicarrier (2:09)

6. Subjugation (3:00)

7. Don't Take My Stuff (4:42)

8. Red Ledger (5:11)

9. Assault (4:26)

10. They Called It (2:41)

11. Performance Issues (3:35)

12. Seeing, Not Believing (4:25)

13. Assemble (4:31)

14. I Got a Ride (4:00)

15. A Little Help (3:14)

16. One Way Trip (5:50)

17. A Promise (3:34)

18. The Avengers (2:03)

Source: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007R7VHOM/

The reason is that it was decided to make the Intrada physical CD LONGER than the digital one!!

We all agreed to make the CD longer than the download.

Source: http://www.intrada.n....php?f=4&t=4781

How cool is that? Intrada is seriously a classy, top-notch label.

I hope this is available in the UK. I'm getting tired of having to order CDs from other continents because they're not being released here.

You can pre-order it right now from Intrada.com.... unless I'm not understanding the question?

Ah. From what I understand, it will be available for sale at Intrada, SAE, Movie Music, Buy Soundtrax, and the like, but not places like Amazon.com. But I could be wrong.

So is this The Avengers or The Avengers Assemble?

The name of the film (and its soundtracks) is "The Avengers".

In the UK, they renamed the film (and its soundtracks) to "Avengers Assemble"

So is this The Avengers or The Avengers Assemble?

The name of the film (and its soundtracks) is "The Avengers".

In the UK, they renamed the film (and its soundtracks) to "Avengers Assemble"

the reverse of 'philosopher-sorcerer' issue has happened!

Why isn't Spiderman in the Avengers?

As far as the movies are concerned, Sony has the movie rights to Spider-Man, Fox has Fantastic Four and that's why you won't see things from the those movies crossing over into the Marvel Studios films.

Ah. From what I understand, it will be available for sale at Intrada, SAE, Movie Music, Buy Soundtrax, and the like, but not places like Amazon.com. But I could be wrong.

Intrada's been sending some of their big titles, including Disney ones, to Amazon for fulfillment. Wouldn't be surprised if this one showed up there too, but it might take a while.

As far as the movies are concerned, Sony has the movie rights to Spider-Man, Fox has Fantastic Four and that's why you won't see things from the those movies crossing over into the Marvel Studios films.

really?

didnt disney bought marvel? it should include spiderman and F4...

i could swear there was marvel studios logo on spdey and f4 films...

Disney brought Marvel movie studios, but the Spider-Man deal was between Marvel Comics (who own the character, and are not owned by Disney) and Sony Pictures.

Marvel Studios and Disney do not have rights to Spider-Man without negotiating a deal with Sony.

the marvel logo is in the spideman films is not marvel studios logo then? just 'regular' marvel?

yet disney chanels air spiderman toons.

sony must have secured the rights for the films alone, did they?

Sony had the film rights for Spider-Man character for a while, separate from the Avengers characters.

The Marvel logo on the non avengers films was due to the co-production of Marvel Studios, but it's likely a Branding/Financing deal for the movie, and really has nothing to do with who owns the rights to the characters.

Think Spyglass co-financing Star Trek (2009).

This will be my first intrada release, and I'm excited to grab it! :drool:

What? You don't have Alien? Back To The Future? Predator? Explorers? Alien? SpaceCamp? The Amazing Stories anthologies?

yet disney chanels air spiderman toons.

Correct. Not that long ago, Disney got the animated rights to Spider-Man back. They made some concessions with Sony to get these. That is why you see animated Spider-Man on Disney, crossing over with Tony Stark and the like. Disney owns the animated rights to Fantastic Four and that is why you see the Thing and Reed Richards pop up in the Avengers animated series.

They tried to have a small "film" crossover in The Incredible Hulk. They wanted the Hulk to have his college campus fight at the college that Peter Parker went to but Sony said no. There would be no Spider-Man or mention of Peter Parker, just the name of the college but Sony still denied it.

What? You don't have Alien? Back To The Future? Predator? Explorers? Alien? SpaceCamp? The Amazing Stories anthologies?

I missed out on BTTF/Honey, I shrunk the kids due to monetary issues, I want to pickup the re-release of predator soon.

:sadwavey:

This is why I'm always afraid to say how many times I have ordered from a certain company. I feel like people will judge that I don't have all the recent biggies. Some of us don't have the funds to buy every single release. It's unfortunate, but true.

I don't even really like any of those you mentioned anyways. I know I should own BTTF and Alien as they are classics, but I don't really enjoy them, so I don't really want them.

I try to hold my tongue on this, cause you never know if it's the internet/message board losing something in translation, but there seems to be a lot of rudeness around here. Condescending remarks, gross sense of entitlement, "you should know this already"-type statements and the like.

It's really off-putting.

Well...looks like i'll be picking it up :D

Thanks trent!

Yup. :) Intrada made the pressing to 10,000 units so that way everyone would have a chance to get it. It has yet to sell out but from what I heard that it has sold rather well.

Please PM me if a member's posts are making you uncomfortable. We let members (especially long-time ones) get away with a lot here, I'll admit. But we have no way of knowing if what they are saying is turning members away, unless you let us know!

Honestly, I'm not even sure it's PM worthy. Mostly it's reading a post and going "um... really?" I'll give you an example - in one of the Hook threads, someone posted an eBay link to the album, and the first response was that the seller (speculator) needs to be publicly castrated. I mean... really?

Like I said, it might be an internet/communication thing. What's the statistic - 93% of human communication is nonverbal? There's an awful lot that can be interpreted (or misinterpreted) from plain text.

Sony had the film rights for Spider-Man character for a while, separate from the Avengers characters.

The Marvel logo on the non avengers films was due to the co-production of Marvel Studios, but it's likely a Branding/Financing deal for the movie, and really has nothing to do with who owns the rights to the characters.

I'm not sure I follow. The Amazing Spider-Man is not a Marvel Studios production, and nor are the Fox-produced X-Men and Fantastic 4 films. The studios have the rights to use those characters in the movies, and in return the Marvel logo is on the film. But Marvel isn't actively producing and managing those films.

Sony still owns the live-action film rights to Spider-Man, and since that character is a moneymaker for them -- Marvel Studios will never get it back. That's the only way Spider-Man will be in any kind of Avengers film. Same thing for X-Men.

Honestly, I'm not even sure it's PM worthy. Mostly it's reading a post and going "um... really?" I'll give you an example - in one of the Hook threads, someone posted an eBay link to the album, and the first response was that the seller (speculator) needs to be publicly castrated. I mean... really?

Like I said, it might be an internet/communication thing. What's the statistic - 93% of human communication is nonverbal? There's an awful lot that can be interpreted (or misinterpreted) from plain text.

I think you're a dickhead for posting that

;)

(That's an inside JWFan joke for those of you who thought I was being serious)

I'm not sure I follow. The Amazing Spider-Man is not a Marvel Studios production, and nor are the Fox-produced X-Men and Fantastic 4 films. The studios have the rights to use those characters in the movies, and in return the Marvel logo is on the film. But Marvel isn't actively producing and managing those films.

Sony still owns the live-action film rights to Spider-Man, and since that character is a moneymaker for them -- Marvel Studios will never get it back. That's the only way Spider-Man will be in any kind of Avengers film. Same thing for X-Men.

I guess I stand corrected. :)

Why does Samuel L. Jackson seem to always not give a shit about the movie he's in?

Samuel L Jackson seems to only be a good actor when he's crazy. Pulp Fiction style.

Disney brought Marvel movie studios, but the Spider-Man deal was between Marvel Comics (who own the character, and are not owned by Disney) and Sony Pictures.

Marvel Studios and Disney do not have rights to Spider-Man without negotiating a deal with Sony.

I believe Disney does own Marvel Comics and all its characters. They just don't have movie rights for certain properties that were previously sold to other studios. (Except for Paramount. Kinda.)

I'm not sure about Spidey and the X-Men, but the Fantstic Four deal does expire unless Sony keeps making films (hence the reboot in the works). And the Punisher is back in Marvel's hands, although I don't know if Lionsgate's deal expired or if Marvel just bought it back.

I believe Disney does own Marvel Comics and all its characters. They just don't have movie rights for certain properties that were previously sold to other studios. (Except for Paramount. Kinda.)

This is correct. Disney bought the whole Marvel Entertainment group in 2009, even though it remains a separate entity within the company.

I like "Avengers Assemble" better than "The Avengers" - where's my alternate cover, Intrada? :whistle:

My shopping cart for their label just keeps growing bigger. I will eventually have to push purchase!

Additionally, from an in-universe perspective, Spider-Man was never a member of the classic Avengers lineup until the "New Avengers" comic book line was launched in 2005. The film franchise would need a few movies to establish the group before they could wipe it clean and start over with a newer lineup.

But yes, the studios that own the Spider-Man and X-Men franchises will never allow those characters in the same party as the others.

Although I don't know if the rights to own Spider-Man extend to Spider-Woman as well...