Adventure Score

Robin

<p>Hi everybody,</p><p> </p><p>I'd like to post a little orchestra adventure piece that I wrote and recorded recently with the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra. It hasn't been written for any specific purpose but just as a "fun" piece.</p><p> </p><iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="http://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F43761983&auto_play=false&show_artwork=true&color=000000"></iframe><p> </p><p>Looking forward to your comments!</p><p> </p><p>Robin</p>

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!

Really great work! Good use of the orchretra and very filmic sound.

I only see (or listen) one bad thing, this piece works perfectly with an image, but it will difficult work as a concert piece because it doesn't has a tradicional structure.

But as I said, as a film piece, it's fantastic! Hope to find this kind of sound in future films!

Enjoyed that - thanks a lot for posting! Was it written with any kind of scenario in mind of what it would accompany? Sounds to me like it should be fitted to Pirates of the Carribean or similar.

A really terrific piece of music. Fun, energetic, harkening back to the classic adventure scores of the past. Thrilling and well conceived, indeed reminding me at points of the way Williams constructs his adventure music.

Wow!

Really great work! Good use of the orchretra and very filmic sound.

I only see (or listen) one bad thing, this piece works perfectly with an image, but it will difficult work as a concert piece because it doesn't has a tradicional structure.

But as I said, as a film piece, it's fantastic! Hope to find this kind of sound in future films!

I would have to agree with that assessment. A bit too whimsical and all-over-the-place for a self-sufficient piece (I assume it's been written with some imaginary film in mind), but there''s no doubt you're having fun playing around with the orchestra. And as others have said, the Williams influence is clear. And kudos for getting the Prague orchestra to play your piece!

why can't we get scores like this!?

Because the really smart and talented consider themselves too precious to be crunched between the wheels of Hollywood laws, and rightfully so ;)

why can't we get scores like this!?

Because the really smart and talented consider themselves too precious to be crunched between the wheels of Hollywood laws, and rightfully so ;)

It is sad because it is true.

I like it very much! Others have already said it, but I love the sense of adventure and your knowledge of the orchestra really shows itself to be great. There are many small moments in this that are a lot of great fun, moments that do conjure up memories of some of my favorite action scores.

And how does one go about getting the City of Prague Orchestra to record a piece of theirs? Just curious.

Using time-honored and respected traditions: Bribery, sleeping with the musical director, or blackmail. j/k :wink:

I hope the musical director is hot...

Using time-honored and respected traditions: Bribery, sleeping with the musical director, or blackmail. j/k :wink:

If not, at least you made some music together. What's a little night music do to you?

If not, at least you made some music together. What's a little night music do to you?

:lol2:

Me: "I have a symphony and a concerto I'd like the orchestra to record"

Conductor: "Hmmm, a whole symphony and a concerto?! That will cost you....4 nights of intense "night music." Bring some wine"

Me: :eh:

:lol2:

Me: "I have a symphony and a concerto I'd like the orchestra to record"

Conductor: "Hmmm, a whole symphony and a concerto?! That will cost you....4 nights of intense "night music." Bring some wine"

Me: :eh:

Don't worry, I'm sure you could orchestrate everything perfectly. It'll be a fine performance this side of Prague.

Haha, not quite! :)

Thanks alot for the kind comments! I really appreciate that.

Actually, I had 30 minutes of session time left in one orchestral session in Prague and instead of just sending the musicians home I thought they could do something more useful :) So that's how this piece came into existance :) No night music, sorry guys :)

Robin

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

as a little addition, another track!

<p></p>

<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="http://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F45580318&show_artwork=true"></iframe>

<p></p>

Looking forward to your comments!

<p></p>

Robin

http://www.robin-hoffmann.com/

I like it very much! Others have already said it, but I love the sense of adventure and your knowledge of the orchestra really shows itself to be great. There are many small moments in this that are a lot of great fun, moments that do conjure up memories of some of my favorite action scores.

And how does one go about getting the City of Prague Orchestra to record a piece of theirs? Just curious.

Anyone can hire them, you'll roughly pay about 4000 euro for a 120 piece orchestra + conductor + technicians for 20 mins rehearsal and 5 mins of recording. It sounds expensive but it is about 4 times cheaper then hiring in the UK or the US. I am also in talks with them.

Robin, I like your sound very much!! Congratulations!

I disagree with those that say that the first one works more as a film cue than a concert work. There are plenty of concert works that are just as "all over the place" as this one.

Great job, btw!

Hey guys,

as a little addition, another track!

Looking forward to your comments!

Robin

http://www.robin-hoffmann.com/

Well the Mouse Hunt sounded simply terrific. :) A nice orchestral presto with spirit and sense of fun. A good and catchy main thematic idea, great use of orchestral sections. Even without any visual reference this music puts a smile on your face as it sounds fun. Makes you wish people in Hollywood would write music like this more often these days.

Keep up the good work Robin! :)

That mouse hunt cue was cute, Robin. Sounds like a silent film comedy from the 20's or something.

Wow, thanks alot for all the kind words, I really appreciate that!

Yes, as MSM says, basically everybody could hire the Prague orchestra, actually, even everbody could hire the LSO, it's just a matter of how much you (or the project that you're working on) are able to pay. However, MSM, that deal sounds a bit strange that you're mentioning there. First of all, I can't really imagine that they could fit a 120 piece orchestra in any of the studios I know in Prague and a deal that involves specific "rehearsal time" is also quite uncommon. Usually it is prima vista playing and recording and you do several takes and patches instead of "recording 5 minutes".

Anyway, thanks again for all the kind words. In case anybody is interested in having a look at the score sheet of MOUSE HUNT, it is available here: http://issuu.com/robinhoffmann/docs/mouse_hunt

Robin

Wow, thanks alot for all the kind words, I really appreciate that!

Yes, as MSM says, basically everybody could hire the Prague orchestra, actually, even everbody could hire the LSO, it's just a matter of how much you (or the project that you're working on) are able to pay. However, MSM, that deal sounds a bit strange that you're mentioning there. First of all, I can't really imagine that they could fit a 120 piece orchestra in any of the studios I know in Prague and a deal that involves specific "rehearsal time" is also quite uncommon. Usually it is prima vista playing and recording and you do several takes and patches instead of "recording 5 minutes".

Anyway, thanks again for all the kind words. In case anybody is interested in having a look at the score sheet of MOUSE HUNT, it is available here: http://issuu.com/rob...docs/mouse_hunt

Robin

It is though as they offered it to me. I think it was part of a 'package'.

I'm glad that there are still talented composers.

I hope that you, along with others, will get to write music for films.