Hans Zimmer's Best Themes?

1 hour ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

Ahem... wonder if some of you folks have wised up over the years!

Anyway, just how bloody great and right is this theme?!  One of the all-time best romance tunes.

Damn, you're my kind of guy, Pilgrim. Absolutely love, love, love that theme. That's my go-to for converting Zimmer skeptics, and it usually works. Sometimes it sounds kinda more subdued and mature, making it ace as far as a love theme is concerned, but then sometimes it's (as is the case in Drink Up Me Hearties @ 2:33 or so) a bit more celebratory and jaunty, making it more a theme I associate with pirates and almost the romanticizing they've experienced in modern culture as individuals who got to sail around the world with nothing but the wind at their back and open seas ahead. 

I think Pirates 3 is his strongest score thematically. It has multiple fun, hummable and well developed themes that reach an incredible peak in the final battle. He even has a couple of strong themes that are one offs in that score, like this one heard throughout this clip but most clear at 0:33:

Also to be hip with the kids, how damn epic is that scene with Zimmer's descending 3 note theme as Tom Hollander walks in slow-mo through his exploding ship. That musical moment is epic for even Zimmer. It is epic to a stratospheric Zimmer level.