Official John Williams website

jcwolf

I joined JWFAN because I was looking for an Offical John Williams website. I found a link on Goggle but when I tried going to that website I got a message that it could not be found by the server. This occured with more than on type of search engine. Can anyone tell me why there is not an official John Williams website that is up and running?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I joined JWFAN because I was looking for an Offical John Williams website. I found a link on Goggle but when I tried going to that website I got a message that it could not be found by the server. This occured with more than on type of search engine. Can anyone tell me why there is not an official John Williams website that is up and running?

because you are at the Official JW website.

Only younger composers tend to have official sites, in order for promotional reasons, showcase samples of their work, etc. Williams has no need for any of those benefits. JWFan is as official as it gets.

Technically isn't the Sony page about Williams his official site?

I guess you're right, I was about to say the same thing. But that site was always pretty useless - never up to date, with tons of stuff missing etc. So JWFan is really the best JW website there is - not to mention the forum! :D

This is definitely the number 1 John Williams site, but not his official site. Williams has never been very good at this modern style of keeping up with the fans or marketing himself (no need really) through social media. He is should we say "old school" to the core.

At this point in time, he doesn't really need a marketing strategy. He's a living legend. Heck, he doesn't even have a proper agent anymore (even though he's associated with the Gorfaine/Schwartz agency), only personal assistants.

This is definitely the number 1 John Williams site, but not his official site. Williams has never been very good at this modern style of keeping up with the fans or marketing himself (no need really) through social media. He is should we say "old school" to the core.

sorry but this is the Official JW site......

The content, the fanbase, the vast information all prove this.

The fact that the Maestro doesn't maintain it doesn't change the fact that this is the place you go for the lastest, most complete John Williams information, facts, and expert opinion.

haven't you heard Michael Giacchino is the next John Williams. so John is by proxy writing his 2nd Star Trek Score I guess.

Technically isn't the Sony page about Williams his official site?

No, why would you even think such foolishness. It was a Sony site...Sony

There's nothing remotely official about JWFAN. It's a rogue site founded on pirating music from LucasArts video games. Jeff Eldridge's site is the closest thing to official there is.

There's nothing remotely official about JWFAN. It's a rogue site founded on pirating music from LucasArts video games.

You speak the truth.

We are not officially affiliated with John Williams or Sony Classical in any way.

so this isn't the site one goes to for the most accurate up todate information about all things John Williams,

then Imdb must be the official site.

God knows they always have the facts.

There are loads of unofficial 'fan' sites that have more up to date information than the official one.

We may not be official, but I wouldn't send someone who wanted to get JW info anywhere else.

We may not be official, but I wouldn't send someone who wanted to get JW info anywhere else.

I agree :)

I agree :)

:thumbup:

This is the best, by far most extensive and up to date website on all things related to John Williams. In addition it is one of the very best websites on soundtracks in general.

No official site could ever dream of being as good.

This is the best, by far most extensive and up to date website on all things related to John Williams. In addition it is one of the very best websites on soundtracks in general.

No official site could ever dream of being as good.

That's it, plain and simple. :thumbup: