Hook prequel in the works

indy4

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#1 on a list of film sequel/prequels that never need to be made.

Maybe we can get a mashup wherein Rufio, Boss Nass, and Deuce Bigelow all go on a road trip, or some bullshit like that and are menaced by the cast of Battlefield Earth. Fingers crossed...

Why can't they leave old movies well alone? Hook certainly does not need a sequel/prequel/what ever kind of film they might be planning.

what the heck?

is today some april's fool day? 0_o

And if williams is not scoring this (and use his unused rufio fanfare!) it is not worth a pence.

Didn't you hear? Hans Zimmer's gonna score this thing! Although he's a little busy so he asked Ramin Djawadi to do the score.

Dante Basco is a good actor but most people will certainly remember him this days for his talent as a voice actor. He went down the route that Mark Hamill went.

He went down the route that Mark Hamill went.

No...that's not true...that's impossible aaaarrrggghhh!

Nicely done.

This movie could be interesting if they use exactly the same world, same neverland, same Jolly Roger, same indian village and same costumes.

Personnally, i'm positive on this project.

Suuurre, make a movie about the least-liked character in one of Spielberg's least-liked films, directed by somebody whose not Spielberg, consequently having a score NOT composed by John Williams...

Oh ya...that makes TOTAL sense...I would TOTALLY watch this movie.... -____-

I think Dante Basco is just upset his turn as Rufio didn't spark his major motion picture career the way he wanted.

Adam Lambert would play a much better Rufio than Dante Basco at this point. It's all about the eyeliner. Rufio draws his special powers from his eyeliner.

rufio-11.png

Adam+Lambert++-+Outlaws+Of+Love+Lyrics.jpg

"This is the worst idea, in the long sad history of bad ideas".

That's almost like someone coming up with the idea to reboot the Back To The Future films, which I hope to god they never do.

Suuurre, make a movie about the least-liked character in one of Spielberg's least-liked films, directed by somebody whose not Spielberg, consequently having a score NOT composed by John Williams...

Oh ya...that makes TOTAL sense...I would TOTALLY watch this movie.... -____-

Rufio is not the least-liked character. He is the subject of the most important part of Hook's fanarts. A lot of people try to make his costume for Halloween or for conventions. Rufio is popular.

And Hook is not the least-liked movie of Spielberg. Hook is a classic, all childs who discovered Hook grew up and they got some inspirations from that. (For example, Pogo and his remix and recently, Skrillex).

And this movie could be a good hope to see more things on Hook.

Rufio is not the least-liked character. He is the subject of the most important part of Hook's fanarts. A lot of people try to make his costume for Halloween or for conventions. Rufio is popular.

Adolf Hitler is not the least-liked character. He is the subject of the most important part of world history. A lot of people try to make his costume for Halloween or for conventions. Adolf is popular.

:sigh:

And Hook is not the least-liked movie of Spielberg. Hook is a classic, all childs who discovered Hook grew up and they got some inspirations from that. (For example, Pogo and his remix and recently, Skrillex).

And this movie could be a good hope to see more things on Hook.

Let's see... in order: yes he is; he probably isn't but who cares either way; no they don't; no he isn't; true; false; unlikely; and I certainly hope not.

I like elements of Hook, but it is a painfully bad movie in places. And there will not be a prequel to it just because the douche who played Rufio wants there to be one; that's not how the business works, thankfully. (Imagine that: being thankful for the way Hollywood works... Oh well, it had to happen eventually.)

Everyone's favorite aspect of Hook: Julia Roberts holding up instruction cards for the audience. (laugh, cry, applause, ...)

Hook_9179_Medium.jpg

She's a complex Freudian hallucination having something to do with my mother and I don't know why she has wings, but she has very lovely legs and she's a very nice tiny person and what am I saying, I don't know who my mother was; I'm an orphan and I've never taken drugs because I missed the sixties, I was an accountant.

despite the article I seriously doubt this is in the works. No one is going to part with any serious money to make a prequel about an obscure character in a bad movie.

despite the article I seriously doubt this is in the works. No one is going to part with any serious money to make a prequel about an obscure character in a bad movie.

ehem. Underworld: Rise of the Lycans?

ehem. Underworld: Rise of the Lycans?

you don't make a good case, you're definitely not on the debate team.

Everyone's favorite aspect of Hook: Julia Roberts holding up instruction cards for the audience. (laugh, cry, applause, ...)

No, that was John Williams.

Yes, his manipulative and syrupy score ruined what could have been a masterpiece. The discerning viewer recoils from JW's attempts to seduce us. Like a hooker trying to pull you into her room...

Yeah, when I listen to Hook, I feel so dirty, like I'm cheating on Stravinsky or something.

He likes to feel dirty, rolling in the hay with cheap music and then coming all angst ridden here to confess his sins.

There's already a "Hook" prequel; it's called "Peter Pan".

P.s., isn't that the guy who played Rufio at the beginning of "Jurassic ParK"? He's in the shots of the workmen waiting for the 'raptor to arrive, isn't he, or am I seeing things?