So Intrada is starting a new series of titles licensed from Universal Pictures...

Jay

First on New Year's Day Doug said this:

1/1/12

To everyone... may you have a Happy New Year!

As today kicks the new year off, all of us at Intrada are already knee deep in projects. To be honest, what we have lined up this year is the most ambitious slate we've attempted in our 26-year history. Hopefully there will be something for everyone. Look for some pretty sensational releases coming courtesy our partnership with Disney. In fact, projects with virtually every major studio are now under way... including a milestone new series with one of them. Look for classic recordings you thought you'd never see available. More details on that soon! Even something in the Excalibur series. Just loads of releases for you to choose from. I can't expect you to support them all... but hopefully there are numerous new things coming from us that will tickle your fancy throughout 2012.

And so, with lots of excitement for Intrada ahead, and knowing that numerous other soundtrack labels will be abundant with cool releases... may this new year bring forth musical joy to us all.

--Doug

Source: http://www.intrada.n....php?f=2&t=4567

Then when providing clues for the May 29th batch, Roger said this:

One MAF title, one Special Collection title...both from the 60s. Two of the most famous film scores by one of the most famous composers, and yet the original soundtrack recordings had never been released. One kicks off what we hope to be an inaugural new series of releases.

Source: http://www.intrada.n...php?f=12&t=4858

The title ended up being Charade, and there's a big Universal logo on the cover:

522789_10150848854772169_569387168_9511758_1033954012_n.jpg

Hopefully this means Universal is excited about celebrating their 100th anniversary, and a lot of great titles are coming!

The films that Williams scored for Universal are:

1972 - Pete N Tillie

1974 - The Sugarland Express

1974 - Earthquake

1975 - The Eiger Sanction

1975 - Jaws

1976 - Family Plot

1976 - Midway

1978 - Jaws II

1979 - Dracula

1979 - 1941

1981 - Heartbeeps

1982 - E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial

1989 - Born On The Fourth Of July

1993 - Jurassic Park

1993 - Schindler's List

1997 - The Lost World

Obviously there are a ton of non-Williams titles that would be great to have too, such as The Last Starfigher, Darkman, Back To The Future II, Apollo 13, Waterworld, Mystery Men....

http://en.wikipedia...._Pictures_films

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jaws is getting an extensive restoration for Blu-ray release, so I would assume we'd see a new version of the score as well.

If I remember right I think MV told me an email that Intrada was looking into Apollo 13 since they're the "Horner-ville" so speak, then compared to La-La Land. I wouldn't doubt if in time if Intrada released a complete version of Back To The Future Part 2. All though I am happy with the boot but I wouldn't mind deleting it in favor of an official release.

It would be nice if Intrada was able to release the complete scores for all three Jurassic Park films.

I'll be crossing my fingers for Sugarland Express, although I doubt one of the labels would release it given JW's disapproval. Second best option would be The Lost World, I think.

Good call on Darkman, that score doesn't get enough credit.

Top of my Universal wishlist is Conan, but we already know about that one. :lol:

More regurgitations of readily available material.

Huh? The launch title was a 78 minute release of never before available material! There's been no clue from Intrada that there will be any expansions coming at all!

Mhhhh...Universal/Intrada proudly present John Williams' finest funk moments with MILES ON WHEELS and of course his salute to melancholic euro spy scores in EIGER SANCTION.

If they squeeze DRACULA in between, i have everything i still need from Williams.

JP trilogy JP trilogy (cross fingers)

Which the other day made me think... JP score is augmented with synth instruments that double the real ones... so if a recording sessions boot surfaced, will it sound 'smaller', 'dry' or something like that?

Hmmm, so intrada is doing universal, that label would be the one to contact for a JP: Operation Genesis release :P

All the major film score labels have licensed stuff from Universal. From what I can tell, this is just a new branding that will go on some Intrada CDs of never-before-released scores. This isn't like the Disney/Intrada deal where they developed their own "line" with its own catalog numbering system, Charade is in their normal MAF line.

As I said in the other thread, considering Intrada is branding this new line with the same graphic package Universal is using for the DVDs and Blu-rays, I think it's very likely we'll see many of those titles released.

Possibly, but Charade's already on Blu-ray from Criterion, and AFAIK not due to be rereleased by Universal this year.

Well this might truly bode well for expanded/complete releases of some major scores. :)

Jaws is getting an extensive restoration for Blu-ray release, so I would assume we'd see a new version of the score as well.

Jaws restoration is complete.

\ I doubt one of the labels would release it given JW's disapproval.

Why does JW dissaprove of The Sugarland Express?

Vanity of vanity, its all vanity.

\ I doubt one of the labels would release it given JW's disapproval.

Why does JW dissaprove of The Sugarland Express?

we dont know, but probably, the simpleness and monothematicsm of the music embarrases williams somehow, so he thinks his 5 minute concert suite of the main theme is enough to represent the score.

A re-expanded E.T. would HAVE to include ET Adventure Ride to be any worth. The sound quality of the previous releases is already great and so is a good rip of the Laser Disc iso score

As far as I remember, the sound quality on the latest release (remastered by Shawn Murphy) is the worst of the lot. They should get Botnick for a new release.

A 2CD re-issue of ET with the complete score on disc 1, the complete LP followed by alternates and the music from the ride on disc 2 would be VERY MUCH welcomed by me.

As far as I remember, the sound quality on the latest release (remastered by Shawn Murphy) is the worst of the lot. They should get Botnick for a new release.

Yes, I'm no audiophile but the 1996 version is superior.

I'd like to be optimistic about an expanded JP and TLW, but didn't the label people said it wasn't in the works for the foreseeable future?