Boston Concerts (June 1/2) Meetup Information

Ren

You're telling me! You know it's time to take a break and make room for the Queen when Ren and Stefan have exchanged over 5 posts.

KK = wisest man around here. ;)

Hey don't I get some credit, alice!

oh you've gotten more than enough credit tonight ;)

Stefan and Ren, can you keep your flirting contained to another thread, and not here? Thank you.

6 New Englanders; me and yes, my mom, are from Worcester. :) And Regis doesn't post here, he's the other friend of mine that was coming. It was such a great time! :D

What part of Worcester? I grew up in Holden! I used to work at the Price Chopper in West Boylston, and at Norton's/Saint-Gobain, DB Riley/Babcock Power, and the Showcase North movie theater in Worcester.

No kidding! I go to Showcase North quite often. Small world! :)

You're telling me! You know it's time to take a break and make room for the Queen when Ren and Stefan have exchanged over 5 posts.

KK = wisest man around here. ;)

Hey don't I get some credit, alice!

Alice is one smart cookie. She knows where credit is due. And of course, you've had more than your fair share tonight...

I envy you guys for your gatherings. I trust you guys had a lot of fun. Meanwhile, folks like me have yet to actually see a film music concert :(

The party was great fun. I think we should all thank Jason for having beautifully organized the whole thing (more or less). Below are two shots I took. You won't see everybody on those unfortunately.

IMG_4297.JPG

IMG_4298.JPG

Nice!

Top picture from left to right is me, Jordan from Ottawa, ET&ElliotForever, Slambodog

Bottom picture from left to right is Regis, me, Jordan, ET&Elliot, Slambodog's mom, Slambodog, a guy that came with Foxfan who's name I didn't catch, and rpvee's mom

I'll post the pics from my camera tomorrow, sorry I didn't get to them today!

IMG_4297.JPG

E&E4E looks so badass on this one. He's like : "Family, it's important, right? Don't betray the family. If you do, I'll cut your fingers one by one and I'll feed them to the dogs." (read with an italian accent in mind for a stronger impact)

Looks like he is giving orders, looking down at something on the table, maybe a floor plan or blue print. "You cover the left exit when we arrive at the Symphony Hall. This time he won't escape with our autographs! Don't muck it up this time!" (points at Jordan)

It was neat meeting other JW and movie fans outside of the internet. You know, people who don't ask "where are the words?" and know what I'm talking about when referencing Sean Connery saying, "in this short of race, theresh no shilver medal for finishing shecond." Alas, the big guy escaped in the end and we did not even get a glimpse of him hauling ass from Symphony Hall. We did see his suit being placed in the trunk of his car, however. For some reason, I always think of that part in Best of Both Worlds when they find Picard's uniform in the drawer of the Borg ship when they deliver the suit to the car.

33fauf6.jpg

Here's the pics from my camera!

Marcy and me:

img0093vm.jpg

Left to right: Ren, me, Slambodog's mom, Slambodog, Marcy, obiwan79 (Sylvain)

img0098wmg.jpg

Left to right: me, Jordan, ET&ElliotForever(Justin), Ren, Slambodog's mom, Slambodog, Marcy, obiwan79 (Sylvain)

img0101yu.jpg

Left to right: rpvee, Foxfan, Regis, me, Jordan, ET&ElliotForever(Justin), Slambodog's mom, Slambodog, obiwan79 (Sylvain), the guy who came with Foxfan who I didn't meet, and rpvee's mom

img0103gwa.jpg

Foxfan standing next to the car containing Williams' suit after the show

img0120jj.jpg

It's great that you guys are taking your moms out for a cultural experience!

Although, to be fair, I probably wouldn't have done the same (mixing family and friends and alcohol and all that).

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Hey! Feels great to be back on the forum after all these years... Silly me...

Such great pics from The Williams Weekend! Felt like I was reliving it all over again. Thank you Jason for organizing such a great pre-show gathering. I'm looking forward to next year ;)

It was also an privilege to meet so many hardcore JW fans, including ET&Elliot4Ever and, fellowing Ottawa resident, FoxFan! I returned home with the exact memories I had hoped I'd gain from the trip. I'll be uploading a few pics VERY soon from the small hangout after the show.

Bless you all. Chat soon

Thank you to everybody who posted pics, it's totally clear you guys (and gals :D) had a great time, and I'm green with envy for not being able to join you! :( But I'm compelled to make it sooner or later, and then I'll be able to join you for the photo opportunity! :D

IMG_4297.JPG

E&E4E looks so badass on this one. He's like : "Family, it's important, right? Don't betray the family. If you do, I'll cut your fingers one by one and I'll feed them to the dogs." (read with an italian accent in mind for a stronger impact)

I do love this photo. I look like a gangster. You know, of the John Williams fan club.