What movies make you emotional or cry by their craftmanship?

filmmusic

53 minutes ago, The Original said:

I'm quite aware these hot actresses are "out of my league", but I just like them as wank fuel.

Honesty without regret!

15 minutes ago, Quintus said:

I lusted over a few girls far better looking than myself back in the day, when I still had all my hair. Managed to charm the knickers off a couple of them too. Phew I'm not gay then.

*Relief*

Don't underestimate yourself!

• 4 years later...

Close Encounters, Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan, Fellowship of the Ring, Superman: The Movie, Wizard of Oz (for personal reasons), My Neighbor Totoro, Cowboy Bebop, and about every third episode of Bluey. Probably a bunch of others I'm forgetting. They get me for story reasons, but I also feel some sense of optimism that people are capable of creating art of such beauty.

I'm quite susceptible to the energy of art. I tear up at a lot of stuff, though my favorite films, Star Wars 1-6, I appreciate on a more intellectual, rather than emotional, level. Kind of like comparing Mahler to jazz, for me.

I echo Fellowship of the Ring. It's beautifully directed but also feels so real given PJ's usage of real locations where he could. The film for me has become very synonymous with the UK countryside, particularly places in Wiltshire and Somerset, and also Wales where I spent a lot of time as a kid. The FotR OST is probably my favourite thing to listen to if I'm doing a cross-country journey - I can picture people from Middle Earth wandering around, Ringwraiths stalking the countryside at night - PJ created something that for me trascended a movie and mirrored the simple pleasures of visiting beautiful rural places. My parents took us to a lot of castles and historical places as kids, so I felt pre-disposed to become attached to many locations that PJ brought to life.