Caption Contest - The Great Score Reset, Come One, Come All! Old and New!

BLUMENKOHL

It's back thanks to all you fools bugging me about it. The Caption Contests have been very popular with the forum in the past...but they ended up being very time consuming for me. So I'm bringing it back on a bi-weekly basis instead of every week. Let's see how it goes. All your precious scores have been reset, so say hello to a clean shiny new slate! This way it'll make it easier for new kids to join in on the fun.

Here we go!

shBfU.png

Copy and paste the code below and insert your caption...

[img=http://i.imgur.com/shBfU.png]
INSERT YOUR CAPTION HERE

qjyuS.png

[img=http://i.imgur.com/qjyuS.png]
INSERT YOUR CAPTION HERE

sUuGy.png

[img=http://i.imgur.com/sUuGy.png]
INSERT YOUR CAPTION HERE

shBfU.png

I could have sworn I saw a shadow of Tom Cruise's profile just a few seconds ago

qjyuS.png

"What am I supposed to do with all those 400 copies The Final Frontier CD's now?"
"You think you've to it tough? What am I gonna do with those 1500 Predators in my closet?"

sUuGy.png

"I'll better boost my masculinity by wearing sunglasses at night time. Might be my last chance"

Karol

qjyuS.png

"Say cheese!" said the photographer, as he whiipped out his little stuffed animal.

sUuGy.png

The 3-D version of Prometheus wasn't such a great choice at the drive-in, after all.

shBfU.png

"I smell a bad actress...."

sUuGy.png

"My word! John Williams.. his face.. his face is glowing! he must have gotten some music from God!"

shBfU.png

Sarah Harding betrayed by her own bowels had only a second to curse her merciless flatulence.

sUuGy.png

Whadda ya got Frank? Oh a dead Alien Mother Ship? Well the punks who did this made a serious miscalculation. They're about to get a close encounter of Horatio Caine Sr. kind! *raises sunglasses to his eyes*

qjyuS.png

The moment Lady Gaga is finally confirmed to be a human being and on top of that a woman, not infact a Space Vixen from planet Spurluurt.

Oh and I'd like to point out I don't like this idea of a reboot. With Olivarez long gone to Valhalla, I was the master.

Karol

shBfU.png

"Not tonight darling, I've got a headache."

"Aw Shucks...again?!"

qjyuS.png

Global reaction to Thomas Newman's Skyfall assignment.

sUuGy.png

Global reaction to Blumenkohl's return to JWFan.

sUuGy.png

I wear my sunglasses at night, so I can, so I can, so I can...goddamnit, nobody ever remembers the rest!

qjyuS.png

The Olivarez camp reacts to news that previous Caption Contest scores were cleared, eliminating his position as points leader.

shBfU.png

"Billy, for the last time, I said YOU CANNOT HAVE A PUPPY!"

I think I can put this back on a weekly schedule. I wrote a little Python program to automate the process. I just pick the images and winner quotes and boom. As crazy as it sounds, it took just 30 minutes and it should significantly reduce my time investment to these bread and circus events! ;-)

The downside is, try not to over format your captions because it will throw it all out. :D But if you must...I can copy by hand where necessary.

"Good night!" he would call. "Good night--you Princes of Maine, you Kings of New England!" (That thing Homer had held in his hand was no prince--it hadn't lived to be king.)

Then, bang!--the door would close, and the orphans would be left in a new blackness. Whatever image of royalty that they could conjure would be left to them. What princes and kings could they have seen? What futures were possible for them to dream of? What royal foster families would greet them in sleep? What princesses would love them? What queens would they marry? And when would they escape the darkness left with them after Larche closed the door, after they could no longer hear the retreating squeaks of Nurse Edna's and Nurse Angela's shoes? (That thing he had held in his hand could not have heard the shoes--it had the smallest, most wrinkled ears!)

For Homer Wells, it was different. He did not imagine leaving St. Cloud's. The Princes of Maine that Homer saw, the Kings of New England that he imagined--they reigned at the court of St. Cloud's, they traveled nowhere; they didn't get to go to sea; they never even saw the ocean. But somehow, even to Homer Wells, Dr. Larch's benediction was uplifting, full of hope. The Princes of Maine, these Kings of New England, these orphans of St. Cloud's--whoever they were, they
were
the heroes of their own lives. That much Homer could see in the darkness; that much Dr. Larch, like a father, gave him.

Princely, even kingly behavior was possible, even at St. Cloud's. That seemed to be what Dr. Larch was saying.