Hans Zimmer - The Dark Knight Rises

Jay

It's just not really a good score, I think. The best moments are when you listen to previous material (which feels like copy pasted orchestrations of them). The best track is not even part of the standard soundtrack (The End).

Oh and I can't get out of my head "Fishy fishy Pasta Pasta!"

I really hoped that Zimmer would use the theme for Batman in Begins (not sure of time staple, bu it plays when he pulls Tom Wilkinson's character out of the limo).

Every brass motif or section sounds just like an added part of the two note D-F theme.

The song I thought was "dumb" was Risen from Darkness. I'm not sure if it's a remix or not, but the synth percussion and beats make it sound so dumb.

What I enjoy is The Fire Rises. That beat thingy (especially when all the orchestra plays together at 1:30), reminds me of that motif for Blackbeard in On Stranger Tides.

All in all, I think that the soundtrack is just epic, but not necessarily genius.

It's not worth to turn up on any 2012-Best-of list, that's for sure. But a colleague who just saw it proclaimed it a very worthy follow-up to DARK KNIGHT, even with its bloated running time.

It's not worth to turn up on any 2012-Best-of list, that's for sure.

Really? Cause this year hasn't been much so far in regards to both film and film music. But then again, I suppose there are still a lot of great films that have yet to come out.

I agree with the general point--some of Zimmer's music is better than some of JW's, especially if you go on a track by track basis.

wouldn't this be the case with just about anyone? I mean, track for track!

All in all, I think that the soundtrack is just epic, but not necessarily genius.

What is this thing, with people using the word "epic" every time they talk about a Zimmer score? Wow, that cue is epic! Wow, that theme is epic! Wow, that OST cover is epic! Wow, Hans' hair is epic!

The word "epic" has seriously lost its epicness by being overused.

On behalf of my generation, I apologize for ruining the word. Buncha idiots, we are. <_<

Now it just means "good," but I think the context Ethan used it makes sense, as most of Zimmer's scores are epic in the traditional definition of the word.

I agree with the general point--some of Zimmer's music is better than some of JW's, especially if you go on a track by track basis.

wouldn't this be the case with just about anyone? I mean, track for track!

Very true.

Now it just means "good," but I think the context Ethan used it makes sense, as most of Zimmer's scores are epic in the traditional definition of the word.

I do use epic a lot, I mean, I'm freaking 16. But yes, I did mean it in the traditional sense. Like, it's just epic. It's what you'd expect from Zimmer. I didn't say good; I'm sure it'll be effective in the movie, but for me, it's simply epic. Just yeah. Excuse my teenagerness, dude. :P

You whippersnapper!!

I prefer rapscallion. :D

Yeah, I'm an epic idiot. I don't know what epic truly means. i just use it whenever i feel like it (this isn't sarcasm, i'm being serious). :/

Hey yolo, why not get my swag on?

You whippersnapper!!

I prefer rapscallion. :D

Yeah, I'm an epic idiot. I don't know what epic truly means. i just use it whenever i feel like it (this isn't sarcasm, i'm being serious). :/

Look up epic, its true definition. You'll be pleasantly surprised

In all seriousness, I'm the teenager who likes wearing suits, old style-fedoras )not the lame, justin timberlake ones), and being a gentleman. My friends laugh because I talk like Barnabus Collins form time to time.

I never got why swag was so..appealing. All about class, fellows.

Bring it BB

I just can't get the "Ban" button to work, but rest assured: if I manage to fix it, you'll be the first to know!

In all seriousness, I'm the teenager who likes wearing suits, old style-fedoras )not the lame, justin timberlake ones), and being a gentleman. My friends laugh because I talk like Barnabus Collins form time to time.

You're not a 100 years old teenager, are you?

I'm a 30 year old in a 16 year old body. I dress like the suits of the 1920s-60s, talk like Jack Sparrow, and an all around nerd. I miss class. Dressing for occasions meant a black suit, not skinny jeans and a neck tie.

In all seriousness, I'm the teenager who likes wearing suits, old style-fedoras )not the lame, justin timberlake ones), and being a gentleman.

hhhhhelloooo ;)

wait, you're 16? damn!

I'm an 80s kid who had the rotten luck of being born in 1992. :P

I should have been born a few decades later. Damned 1992.

hey! you were born the same year as me! gotta count for something. 92 is an excellent year!

hey! you were born the same year as me! gotta count for something. 92 is an excellent year!

I'm younger than the both of you ;)

It's not worth to turn up on any 2012-Best-of list, that's for sure.

Really? Cause this year hasn't been much so far in regards to both film and film music. But then again, I suppose there are still a lot of great films that have yet to come out.

I feel like this gets said every year.

Also surprised that I'm not the youngest around here.

I thought you were, like, 22.

I thought you were, like, 22.

Alas, no. I did say you were close though ;)

KK, 22?

ROTFLMAO

Careful BloodBoal...do not tempt me.

In all seriousness, I'm the teenager who likes wearing suits, old style-fedoras )not the lame, justin timberlake ones), and being a gentleman.

hhhhhelloooo ;)

wait, you're 16? damn!

Why hello, darling. ;)

Yeah, but my birthday is tomorrow! I get to see The Dark Knight Rises to celebrate!

So am I the youngest one here?

hhhhhelloooo ;)

wait, you're 16? damn!

Why hello, darling. ;)

Yeah, but my birthday is tomorrow! I get to see The Dark Knight Rises to celebrate!

So am I the youngest one here?

Yes, you are the youngest here as far as I know.

And Happy Birthday in advance! TDKR is a great treat to have on your birthday!

There have always been teenagers (and some pre-teens) posting on JWFan, from the very beginning until now

It's scary to me that I've finally gotten to the point where I could be one of your dads. 16?!

Ten year olds have been known to sire offspring.

I hate you too.

There have always been teenagers (and some pre-teens) posting on JWFan, from the very beginning until now

Yes but back then I was 5 or 6 years younger and I would not have been sexually active around the time of their birth. :P

It's scary to me that I've finally gotten to the point where I could be one of your dads. 16?!

Ten year olds have been known to sire offspring.

I hate you too.

That's a valid point.

Screw you Wojo.