Fozmo

An interesting 'Superman' find....

Firstly, my apologies if this has been posted before in some way, I did do a search of JWFan but couldn't find any reference to it...

Anyway, I stumbled upon this page:

http://musicandmotio...d/Superman_Pdf/

Here you'll find a list of PDFs which contain page by page scans of JW's hand-written manuscript for Superman: The Movie (1978)!!!

A fascinating insight, it includes title page, table of contents, most of the cues (some are missing sadly, I haven't found them elsewhere) and a printed full-score 'Superman Theme'.

The FSM Superman: The Music (1978-88) "Blue Box" liner-notes made several references to JW's comments, markers etc, hand-written in and around the staves of the manuscript; e.g. 'The Rescue of Jimmy' [13m4] (from 'Superfeats') had Superman's arrival indicated as "Guess Who?", 'Kansas High School' [4m1] notated as "Heavy 50's Rock". These (and more) can all be found here!!

Just thought I'd let you all know, is all! :)

That isn't John Williams' original handwriting. These are fan-made transcriptions that have been floating around the internet forever.

That isn't John Williams' original handwriting. These are fan-made transcriptions that have been floating around the internet forever.

Well, bugger me sideways. :o

Then how come they correlate with the info in the FSM liner-notes?!

Are you saying this was a hand-written copy of the original manuscript?

I guess it is... But it also is illegal to distribute them privately.

Anyway, it's the complete score that we're looking for (somebody on this forum has it, he/she has it listed as complete score orchestrated by Morley).