JW Retired?

Yeah, I've heard WARRIORS OF HEAVEN AND EARTH. It's pretty good, although not quite to LAGAAN's level, IMO. Or the equally epic JODHAA AKHBAR.

I've heard excerpts of the Jodhaa Akhbar.and it sounded epic indeed. I haven't heard Lagaan though. I guess I should give that a chance.

As for ENTHIRAN, this was a huge hit in India a couple of years ago -- a rare Bollywood sci fi -- but it was really bad, especially compared to the gargantuan RA.ONE in 3D (with music by Vishal-Shekhar). I didn't care much for Rahman's score either. It relies too much on the vocoder, which has been a fascination of his for the last few years and which really date his songs, in particular. But still -- some great melodic writing and riffs in there.

I heard about Ra One. A friend made me watch that with subtitles and God knows why I agreed to it. I thought it was an awful film.

My favourite Rahman is still the stuff he did in the 90's.

Noted. Will have to explore that area more. OH, theres another film score of Rahman's I really liked. It was for a movie called Ravana by director Mani Ratnam I believe. I watched that film and I must admit it was beautifully shot with some gorgeous vistas. And the score was quite beautiful too with a pleasant love theme (reminded me of Nino Rota's Romeo and Juliet for some reason).

I heard about Ra One. A friend made me watch that with subtitles and God knows why I agreed to it. I thought it was an awful film.

It is an awful film, but in a fun way. It just goes completely overboard in ALL departments, an onslaught of (wonderful) visual effects that hold nothing back compared to its Hollywood counterparts and insane melodrama. Typical Bollywood. But you'd probably need to see it on the big screen in 3D to get the full effect.

Noted. Will have to explore that area more. OH, theres another film score of Rahman's I really liked. It was for a movie called Ravana by director Mani Ratnam I believe. I watched that film and I must admit it was beautifully shot with some gorgeous vistas. And the score was quite beautiful too with a pleasant love theme (reminded me of Nino Rota's Romeo and Juliet for some reason).

RAVANA is beautiful indeed. There should be a special CD for Rahman and Ratnam's work. Maybe there is one already that I don't know about.

I really hope he does Robocalypse, but I wouldn't mind if he decided to retire after that. Sure, it's sad for us (the fans), but hey, I'd rather he quit while he's on top of the game. And he's given us so much as it is, that's really his decision.

Remember how in the early 2000's some people here were speculating whether he'd be able to score RotS, complete the second trilogy, in other words? Those people look pretty stupid now, huh?