In what JW scored film, it gives you the shivers when his name appears?

filmmusic

Weird question, eh? :D

(by the way, i don't know if this is the right expression. If something is more appropriate, please corrrect.

I believe you know what I mean. When your body hair is up! hehe. well, you might not have any body hair, but you understand again!)

this question came into my mind, because i was making a top 10 of films of all time in another forum, and I watched the beginning of Indiana Jones and the temple of Doom (incidentaly it is in my top 10)

I don't know why, but when Williams' name appears on screen it gives me the shivers..

and I don't remember feeling this in other JW scored film.

it's the modulation in music, the upward quick scales, I don't know..

That's a good one. I also feel his credit had more gravitas in the Home Alone and E.T. main titles, for whatever reason.

Last Crusade's is a really underrated moment with the shot panning down the double arch.

Obviously, for me, the most important credit to give me the shivers, is the score that made me sit up and take notice of this Williams bloke: "The Towering Inferno".

Other than that, "Superman" always does it for me. When JW's name appeared on the credits of "Superman Returns", there were tears. Seeing his name against that music was too much.I know it's silly, but...

A number of them, including some already mentioned, but for some reason, when I read the thread title, the first one to come to my mind was "Born on the Fourth of July".

I was gonna say the same thing, BOTFOFJ! That intro has to be one of the very best, movie-wise as well as music-wise!

Also, JFK, E.T., and The Adventures of Tintin.

I was gonna say the same thing, BOTFOFJ! That intro has to be one of the very best, movie-wise as well as music-wise!

josh! I miss your polls!

josh! I miss your polls!

Really? :lol:

Were you even a posting member here when I made all those polls? That's a while back now...

hmmm.. feels like I've voted in at least 7-8 polls you've started... :)

See Josh has polls so much in his blood he makes them without noticing them himself. :lol:

Je suis Canadien. Nous pensons que le francais est tres belle. Il n'y a pas un personne dans le monde qui ne peut pas adorer le langue de francais!

You know, like John Williams. Now that's power.

Tell me about it. I just hear that name and I shudder.

John Williams!

Ooooh! Do it again!

John Williams!

Ooooh!

John Williams, John Williams, John Williams!

Je préfére le français écrit plutôt le français parlé.

Oui, oui. Une fois, quand je suis allé en France, je parlais avec quelques personnes françaises en cette langue et ils se moquaient mon accent. Saccades!

Wouldn't it be la langue française or la langue de France?

Oops. I was thinking the "language of French"...doesn't really work. My French is a bit rusty. How did you come to learn it Chaac?

Je suis Canadien. Nous pensons que le francais est tres belle. Il n'y a pas un personne dans le monde qui ne peut pas adorer le langue de francais!

Google Translator is a bitch.

You used google translator? :o

Disappointed BloodBoal...

Can't say that I get any particular 'shivers' from reading his name, especially not in older films. But it has happened when I've seen a NEW film with his music in it, and when said music has had a pronounced presence in the opening credits.

Oops. I was thinking the "language of French"...doesn't really work. My French is a bit rusty. How did you come to learn it Chaac?

Nah I just have a passive understanding. Mostly from reading comic books in French.

Oh, that's just the tip of the iceberg! ;)

That's lightweight! Come back when you've voted in 50 of Josh's polls!

In a single month, mind! :lol: