Which JW scored film are you looking forward more to be released in Bluray?

filmmusic

The answer should be a film that is unreleased/unannounced in Bluray!

(so that leaves out eg. E.T., Jaws, Indiana Jones etc.)

I'm anticipating a release of Spacecamp (1986), one of my favourite films of the 80s' and it's certainly one of my 5 most wanted Blurays!

With a proper restoration (of video and sound) this would be marvellous!

[media=]

So, what is yours?

Jaws, sorry don't care for the rules, after Jaws, then I will be anticipating E.T., then Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, then Temple of Doom, then Schindler's List.

I don't care to own spacecamp.

@Joey

Ok, didn't say you should care to own spacecamp, but the are over 50 films which are still unreleased and unannounced.

and i'm curious which film would anyone pick from them (that aren't the big famous Williams films like Jaws, E.t. etc.)

That was the whole concept of the question. ;)

I want Jaws the most because I haven't seen the movie in a few years and have been desiring to watch it again, but I don't want to watch a DVD when the blu ray is around the corner.

Then the classic Indiana Jones trilogy cause I'd love to see those in High Def

Then Empire of the Sun because I've never seen it, and am waiting for the blu before I do

Then ET cause I also haven't seen that film from start to finish in a long while, and want to wait for the Blu to do so as well

Anything else I either already have on Blu, its on Blu but I don't have it yet, or the DVD will do me fine for now

Sorry, i guess i have to break the rules too, the first thing that comes to mind is the Indy series. :) can't wait. But really only in the hopes there might be some deleted scenes, or extra stuff i haven't seen before (not holding my breath though). honestly I guess i'm old fashioned in that i like the look of old school film, and haven't really taken to blu ray yet. But can't wait to see if there's anything new on the indy blu ray.

I would love to see The Fury, Nixon, Angela's Ashes, Presumed Innocent, A.I. Artificial Intelligence, Empire of the Sun, Amistad, and The Sugarland Express all come to Blu-Ray within the future. I haven't even seen some of these films, but I really love the music John Williams wrote for each of them. I might even write some piano transcriptions for some of them in the future.

And just to break the rules for a minute, I really cannot wait for Born on the Fourth of July to come out on Blu-Ray on July 3. That film is without a doubt the best John Williams score I've heard in my life!

STORIA DI UNA DONNA, of course, if only because it's the only feature film of him I haven't seen!

On a serious note, I think all his films should be available in the best possible format (visually and aurally), whether that's Bluray or some other medium in the future.

Schindler's List was announced earlier in the year as one of the films Universal is releasing for their 100th Anniversary celebration. I imagine a formal announcement for the title should hit pretty soon.

For my picks, yes, SpaceCamp is up there. I've never seen The River, but it was released on HD-DVD, so surely it will get a Blu-ray release sometime. The Eiger Sanction is another I haven't seen, but I'd love to pick it up on Blu-ray, although I think Paramount is only releasing one catalogue title a month, so it might be a while. The Fury, yes please. And lastly, a film I quite enjoy, despite the naysayers: Always.

I would love to see The Fury, Nixon, Angela's Ashes, Presumed Innocent, A.I. Artificial Intelligence, Empire of the Sun, Amistad, and The Sugarland Express all come to Blu-Ray within the future. I haven't even seen some of these films, but I really love the music John Williams wrote for each of them. I might even write some piano transcriptions for some of them in the future.

And just to break the rules for a minute, I really cannot wait for Born on the Fourth of July to come out on Blu-Ray on July 3. That film is without a doubt the best John Williams score I've heard in my life!

Nixon and Presumed Innocent are out too. (On the latter, which shares a disc with Frantic, make sure you get this reissued edition; the original had an improper sound mix on Frantic.)

Earthquake is part of Universals 100 so a blu ray of that film will be on the way. I'm one of the very few that still love that score. It's not great, but it's still good old school John Williams.

this fulfills your requirement to a T filmmusic

• 2 weeks later...

That can't be true. They just announced it wasn't coming out until 2013. There isn't even any cover art online yet!

Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of this, but Schindler's List was already released on Blu-Ray as part of Universal's 100th Anniversary.

I saw a few copies of it at Best Buy yesterday.

you saw the 100th anniversary DVD edition not the blu ray. I've seen those too and I had to do a double take.

The blu ray will be released next year, it's 20th anniversary.