If I told you Tron: Legacy was my most listened to score of the last two years...

BLUMENKOHL

16 members have voted

1. 1. How would you react?

• I'd give you a hug because well...it's my most listened to too!
    • Put down the drugs and alcohol Blume...you've lost all taste!
    • Typical Blumenkohl

Because it is.

In fact tracks like: Solar Sailer, Outlands, C.L.U, Disc Wars, Son of Flynn, Armory and Recognizer have broken into play count territory dominated by tracks that have been in my iTunes library for 8+ years. In less than two years.

I don't think there's been a more enjoyable and listenable score in quite some time. It fits every season, every situation. Be it driving to "Outlands" or enjoying a relaxing sunset with "Solar Sailer."

Curious Blume, curious.

I remember listening to it twice back in the day and it just didn't click with me. But I guess I could try it again after so long a pause.

Its highlights are rather enjoyable indeed, but there are still moments in the score that I couldn't find myself loving. It's a decent score overall, but there have been certainly been more enjoyable scores in the last 2 years.

It's a fantastic score, totally appropriate for the movie and even adds something to it. Surprisingly rare feat these days.

I would prescribe a listen to TRON Legacy Reconfigured

http://www.amazon.com/Tron-Legacy-Reconfigured-Various-Artists/dp/B004M20YDU

which has some glitzy remixes by the likes of Moby, Oakenfold and Sander Kleinenberg. Cues like SON OF FLYNN, C. P. U. or END OF LINE get a good electronic workout and come without the heavy RCP sound that plagued a portion of the soundtrack.

It has one brilliant cue (which has been sourced pretty much none-stop by tv promos and commercials the past year) and a couple of really good ones. In all, a decent listen and a better than normal film score.

It has one brilliant cue (which has been sourced pretty much none-stop by tv promos and commercials the past year) and a couple of really good ones. In all, a decent listen and a better than normal film score.

[media=]

Virgin Money, eh? That would make a great movie title.

Bought the album when it came out, but listened to it only a couple of times. I actully liked the electronica bits, but the orchestral parts sounded all too familiar. I hoped they would merge the two in an interesting ways, but, for the most part, it's one thing or the other. Which is a wasted opportunity. It's a fairly pleasant album, but not terribly exciting or novel.

Karol

I'd say your more of an electronic/ "ambiance" music fan than a thematic symphonic music score fan. And probably explains why we generally don't like the same types of film scores

I think it's an extremely effective score, both in the film and as a standalone listening experience. I have doubts about Daft Punk's ability to ever write another film score that sounds substantially different, but that doesn't make TRON: Legacy any less enjoyable. I think it's a very successful marriage of orchestra and electronics, much more successful than a lot of Zimmer's work, despite the significant similarities.

Daft Punk is great, but I like their old albums more than this score.

Fight Club by The Dust Brothers is more my style

I think it's a wonderful score, both on screen and on album. It's one of those rare film scores that manages to appeal to both the film score community as well as more mainstream society. It conveys emotion through use of theme and dramatic music just fine without being wholly symphonic, and demonstrates that an album of largely electronic music can be thematic. If I was driving or hosting people who I knew wouldn't get into listening to Star Wars or Hook, but I didn't want to go the total route of rock or pop, I'd spin up Tron: Legacy and see where the conversations went.

I don't know if it's also my most listened to soundtrack of the last two years, but I know it's up there. It has replaced How to Train Your Dragon in what I listen to a lot, and I didn't think that would happen.

I don't know if it's my most listened to, but it's certainly on up there. It's an amazing score; completely blowing my mind that Daft Punk could do something like it.

No, it is good driving music. Any soundtrack that's chock full of quiet, reflective, emotional moments calms me and relaxes me to the point I'm seeing how close I can get to the jersey barriers without........oops, now I need a tow truck and the officer is writing me a ticket for falling asleep at the wheel.

Don't worry, Jaws and E.T. are good driving music, too, for the most part.

No, it is good driving music. Any soundtrack that's chock full of quiet, reflective, emotional moments calms me and relaxes me to the point I'm seeing how close I can get to the jersey barriers without........oops, now I need a tow truck and the officer is writing me a ticket for falling asleep at the wheel.

Don't worry, Jaws and E.T. are good driving music, too, for the most part.

I wouldn't use E.T. but I would use Jaws.

I use Psycho and Mephisto's Waltz. ;)

Karol

:lol: And you don't crash or get pulled aside by police regularly?

I wouldn't use E.T. but I would use Jaws.

I use E.T. when it gets good, circa the Halloween sequence. The music beforehand, with the exception of the Lost on Earth track, is just sleepytime music.

I use Psycho and Mephisto's Waltz. ;)

Karol

:lol: And you don't crash or get pulled aside by police regularly?

In reality I can't even drive a car.

Karol

I can barely hear anything totally orchestral when driving. My car doesn't hide road noise too well, especially on freeways. Makes listening to John Williams and others hard to do on the go!