La La Land Records: Comic Con Titles

Turbo

Alright, I don't post a lot of new threads . . . or much at all but I figured I would post this over here for those who have any interest since I haven't seen it yet.

http://www.filmscore...mID=1&archive=0

Comic Con titles:

1. X-Men United 2CD John Ottman limited to 3500

2. Batman Animated series vol 1 (second edition) by Shirley Walker, adding new tracks expanding the limitation to 5000

3. The Phantom expanded by David Newman limited to 3500

4. Batman Animated series vol2 4Cd set by different composers limited to 3500

With no release date yet:

1. Star trek Deep Space Nine 4 disc setmusic by various composers

2. The Bodyguard by Alan Silvestri

3. 2cd set from Black Rain: original soundtrack + bonus tracks

Edit to add some clarification

I think there is a little bit of misinformation with the Batman TAS Vol I reedition.

Dan said that two tracks from the first ed. wont be in the reissue.

Thats what he said ....

Dan said nothing about bonus material added to de 2nd ed. The Spanish translator said it. (He misunderstood Dan)

Correct; two tracks that were on the first edition will not be on the second edition, letting those who got the original release have something really special!

Official Press Release:

For Immediate Release.

June 30, 2012

WHAT DO A BAT, A WOLVERINE AND A GHOST IN TIGHTS HAVE IN COMMON?

THEY ARE ALL COMING TO SAN DIEGO WITH LA-LA LAND FOR COMIC-CON 2012!

LA-LA LAND RECORDS ANNOUNCES ITS WORLD PREMIERE 2012 COMIC CON TITLES

AVAILABLE AT THE CON – JULY 12-15 (PREVIEW NIGHT JULY 11)

SAN DIEGO CONVENTION CENTER - BOOTH 429 at TOY HUNGRY

Burbank, CA-based La-La Land Records is proud to announce its annual pilgrimage to Comic Con 2012 with the world premiere of four limited edition CD soundtracks:

BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES: VOL 1 (Second Edition)

Back by popular demand, La-La Land has re-issued its 2008 sold-out title for the legions of BTAS fans who missed out on this dynamite release’s initial debut. This “second edition” re-issue is virtually identical to the 2008 version, except the bonus tracks “Gotham City Overture” and “Music of the Bat” have been removed to preserve the integrity of the initial release. Get it before it sells out – again! Limited Edition of 5000 Units.

Comic Con price $25

BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES: VOL 2 (4-CD SET)

Literally years in the making, La-La Land proves the wait was worth it with this amazing 4-CD set of previously unreleased music from arguably the greatest animated television series of all time! The set’s 36 page booklet is packed with in-depth liner notes that take you through a treasure trove of astounding orchestral scores; music that rivals any blockbuster feature film. Composers Shirley Walker, Harvey R. Cohen, Carlos Rodriguez, Lolita Ritmanis, Michael McCuistion, Carl Swander Johnson and others are musically represented here, as well as Danny Elfman’s iconic theme. Limited Edition of 3500 Units.

Comic Con price $60

X-MEN 2: X MEN UNITED (2-CD SET)

Finally, John Ottman’s stupendous X2 score gets its much-deserved deluxe treatment, remastered and expanded with a 2-CD presentation that offers more than 50 minutes of music beyond the original 2003 soundtrack release. Improved sound and exclusive, in-depth liner notes take this noteworthy score to new superheroic heights! Limited Edition of 3500 Units.

Comic Con price $25

THE PHANTOM

Likewise, David Newman’s majestic score to the 1996 feature film of the same name gets remastered and expanded in deluxe fashion, running almost a full 30 minutes longer than the original ’96 soundtrack release. This is a big, classic film score that covers all the bases (action, thrills, romance) in high style! Like all La-La Land limited editions, this release features in-depth, exclusive liner notes and attractive packaging design. Limited Edition of 3000 Units.

Comic Con price $20

The above titles will be exclusively available July 12-15th (and on Preview Night July 11) at Comic Con from La-La Land Records (Booth 429 “Toy Hungry”).

All four titles will subsequently be released at www.lalalarecords.com (and other online soundtrack boutiques) on July 19th, 1pm PST.

In addition to these wonderful new releases, La-La Land will be offering at its Comic Con booth (#429 “Toy Hungry”) the usual assortment of exciting soundtrack titles, with many worthwhile specials and deals to be had.

Also, we will be discussing some of our upcoming soundtrack releases, including USED CARS music by Patrick Williams with unused music by Ernest Gold, GREEN LANTERN: THE ANIMATED SERIES music by Frederik Wiedmann, STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE (4-CD SET) music by various composers, THE BODYGUARD music by Alan Silvestri and BLACK RAIN (2-CD SET) music by Hans Zimmer.

Looking forward to meeting and greeting you all in San Diego!

www.lalalandrecords.com

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter

Deep Space Nine is an instant buy for me! I wouldn't be surprised if those other four comes out in the fall.

I have the sessions for X-Men 2 but would gladly own a legit 2-CD release! :)

I'm all in for Batman: Animated Series Volume 2. I would really like LLL to do one for Superman: The Animated Series too, but maybe they'll do that next year to coincide with Man of Steel.

I think only The Bodyguard has any chance from me out of that list. Has some nice moments.

I don't think I could stomach 2 CDs of Ottman's score. Again, some highlights, but too much overall.

For me, the only X-Men score in need of an expansion is John Powell's X3 score. Some amazing material in the film never surfaced or was cut to pieces in the CD release. The original 2003 release of X2 has all the highlights IMO... and it's signed.

Am I the only one ectastic about the 4 cd Batman Animated Series? With those 4 cd's, they can pretty much fit all the great remaining scores from the show

The only track I'd really be interested in at all from any of these is the Batman Animated Series main title without sound effects. Well, and maybe whatever they've got of the DS9 main titles, I liked that one.

Am I the only one ectastic about the 4 cd Batman Animated Series? With those 4 cd's, they can pretty much fit all the great remaining scores from the show

No you aren't the only one! I think I'm going to explode I'm so excited! I was starting to think it was never going to happen! The wait for this one is going to kill me!

The only track I'd really be interested in at all from any of these is the Batman Animated Series main title without sound effects.

Are you talking about Elfman's title theme or Walker's more evocative one? They're both on YT, if I recall correctly.

I'm definitely getting Batman: TAS 2. I've got the first volume courtesy of Mr. Bennett :) I might as well ccontemplate getting X2.

Karol

Alright, I don't post a lot of new threads . . . or much at all but I figured I would post this over here for those who have any interest since I haven't seen it yet.

Comic Con titles:

1. X-Men United 2CD John Ottman limited to 3500

2. Batman Animated series vol 1 (second edition) by Shirley Walker, adding new tracks expanding the limitation to 5000

3. The Phantom expanded by David Newman limited to 3500

4. Batman Animated series vol2 4Cd set by different composers limited to 3500

With no release date yet:

1. Star trek Deep Space Nine 4 disc setmusic by various composers

2. The Bodyguard by Alan Silvestri

3. 2cd set from Black Rain: original soundtrack + bonus tracks

Edit to add some clarification

I think there is a little bit of misinformation with the Batman TAS Vol I reedition.

Dan said that two tracks from the first ed. wont be in the reissue.

Thats what he said ....

Dan said nothing about bonus material added to de 2nd ed. The Spanish translator said it. (He misunderstood Dan)

Correct; two tracks that were on the first edition will not be on the second edition, letting those who got the original release have something really special!

Official Press Release:

For Immediate Release.

June 30, 2012

Burbank, CA-based La-La Land Records is proud to announce its annual pilgrimage to Comic Con 2012 with the world premiere of four limited edition CD soundtracks:

Back by popular demand, La-La Land has re-issued its 2008 sold-out title for the legions of BTAS fans who missed out on this dynamite release’s initial debut. This “second edition” re-issue is virtually identical to the 2008 version, except the bonus tracks “Gotham City Overture” and “Music of the Bat” have been removed to preserve the integrity of the initial release. Get it before it sells out – again! Limited Edition of 5000 Units.

Comic Con price $25

Literally years in the making, La-La Land proves the wait was worth it with this amazing 4-CD set of previously unreleased music from arguably the greatest animated television series of all time! The set’s 36 page booklet is packed with in-depth liner notes that take you through a treasure trove of astounding orchestral scores; music that rivals any blockbuster feature film. Composers Shirley Walker, Harvey R. Cohen, Carlos Rodriguez, Lolita Ritmanis, Michael McCuistion, Carl Swander Johnson and others are musically represented here, as well as Danny Elfman’s iconic theme. Limited Edition of 3500 Units.

Comic Con price $60

Finally, John Ottman’s stupendous X2 score gets its much-deserved deluxe treatment, remastered and expanded with a 2-CD presentation that offers more than 50 minutes of music beyond the original 2003 soundtrack release. Improved sound and exclusive, in-depth liner notes take this noteworthy score to new superheroic heights! Limited Edition of 3500 Units.

Comic Con price $25

THE PHANTOM

Likewise, David Newman’s majestic score to the 1996 feature film of the same name gets remastered and expanded in deluxe fashion, running almost a full 30 minutes longer than the original ’96 soundtrack release. This is a big, classic film score that covers all the bases (action, thrills, romance) in high style! Like all La-La Land limited editions, this release features in-depth, exclusive liner notes and attractive packaging design. Limited Edition of 3000 Units.

Comic Con price $20

The above titles will be exclusively available July 12-15th (and on Preview Night July 11) at Comic Con from La-La Land Records (Booth 429 “Toy Hungry”).

All four titles will subsequently be released at www.lalalarecords.com (and other online soundtrack boutiques) on July 19th, 1pm PST.

In addition to these wonderful new releases, La-La Land will be offering at its Comic Con booth (#429 “Toy Hungry”) the usual assortment of exciting soundtrack titles, with many worthwhile specials and deals to be had.

Also, we will be discussing some of our upcoming soundtrack releases, including USED CARS music by Patrick Williams with unused music by Ernest Gold, GREEN LANTERN: THE ANIMATED SERIES music by Frederik Wiedmann, STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE (4-CD SET) music by various composers, THE BODYGUARD music by Alan Silvestri and BLACK RAIN (2-CD SET) music by Hans Zimmer.

www.lalalandrecords.com

http://youtu.be/fXH2_P3FP2E

Here's a handy BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES guide for you fellows who want to see how the two LLL releases so far break down by volume and episode production order:

V1 - E01 - On Leather Wings (Shirley Walker)

V1 - E02 - Christmas With The Joker (Shirley Walker, Michael McCuistion & Lolita Ritmanis)

V2 - E03 - Nothing To Fear (Shirley Walker)

V1 - E04 - The Last Laugh (Shirley Walker)

V1 - E05 - Pretty Poison (Shirley Walker, Michael McCuistion & Lolita Ritmanis)

V1 - E10 - Two-Face, Part I (Shirley Walker)

V1 - E11 - Two-Face, Part II (Shirley Walker)

V1 - E12 - It's Never Too Late (Lolita Ritmanis)

V2 - E13 - I've Got Batman In My Basement (Shirley Walker & Carlos Rodriguez)

V2 - E14 - Heart Of Ice (Todd Hayen & Shirley Walker)

V2 - E15 - The Cat And The Claw, Part I (Shirley Walker, Harvey Cohen & Wayne Coster)

V2 - E16 - The Cat And The Claw, Part II (Harvey Cohen)

V2 - E18 - Beware The Gray Ghost (Carl Johnson)

V2 - E20 - Feat Of Clay, Part I (Jeff Atmajian, Carl Johnson & Shirley Walker)

V2 - E21 - Feat Of Clay, Part II (Shirley Walker)

V1 - E22 - Joker's Favor (Shirley Walker)

V1 - E23 - Vendetta (Michael McCuistion)

V2 - E26 - Appointment In Crime Alley (Stuart Balcomb)

V2 - E27 - Mad As A Hatter (Harvey Cohen)

V1 - E30 - Perchance To Dream (Shirley Walker)

V2 - E34 - The Laughing Fish (Shirley Walker)

V2 - E37 - The Strange Secret Of Bruce Wayne (Lolita Ritmanis)

V2 - E40 - If You're So Smart, Why Aren't You Rich? (Carlos Rodriguez)

V2 - E46 - Almost Got 'Im (Stuart Balcomb)

V1 - E47 - Birds Of A Feather (Shirley Walker)

V2 - E56 - Harley And Ivy (Shirley Walker, Lolita Ritmanis, Michael McCuistion & Peter Davidson)

V2 - E57 - Shadow Of The Bat, Part I (Shirley Walker)

V2 - E58 - Shadow Of The Bat, Part II (Harvey Cohen)

V2 - E60 - The Demon's Quest, Part I (Michael McCuistion)

V2 - E61 - The Demon's Quest, Part II (Harvey Cohen)

V2 - E63 - Fire From Olympus (Shirley Walker)

V2 - E64 - Read My Lips (Shirley Walker)

And, of course, let's not forget Walker's feature film score to Mask Of The Phantasm! :)

Fantastic, it contains everything I wanted. :)

John, you're providing the liner notes, I take it?

Karol

To Volume 2, yes. Daniel Schweiger wrote the liner notes for Volume 1.

I seriously need to win the lottery to get money to buy all these new releases. This year alone is flooded with them.

Wow, what a release, it contains pretty much everything I wanted. Just one small remark: Episode 30: Dreams in Darkness is not included on Volume 1. It should be on volume 2. It contains a particularly striking passage where Batman has visions of his main foes, and their themes play consecutively in a very dramatic fashion

Edit: I supose they wrote Dreams in Darkness instead of Perchance to Dream

32 of the 65 "first season" episodes isn't too shabby! One can hope that someday the others will show up but really who's complaining! This is still great news!

For anyone interested in seeing what BTAS episodes are on these sets and what still remains un-released I've started a spreadsheet. here

If I get the time I may indicate episodes that are represented in the "Gotham City Overture" so folks can see just how much of it is really represented in the new music released anyway.

I've gone through and added where each theme appears on the releases from "Gotham City Overture" as it turns out people should chill about it not being on Vol 1 Second Edition as it's represented on the 6 discs anyway!

MV, over at the fsm forum, has shed a little light onto the future of La La Land and Warner Animation releases going forward

While working on Vol 2 a number of episodes of the first "65" got the axe and will be featured on Vol 3: Robin's Reckoning Parts 1 and 2, Day of the Samurai and The Clock King to name a few.

Our plan is to have Vol 3 out next year (possibly another 4 disc set). That would be all the music we would release from the first 65. We are also contemplating releasing an empty box when vol 3 comes out so people can put all 3 volumes inside. It would be like $5 (or around there) if people wanted to buy it separately or free with purchase of Vol 3...something like that.

Then we would focus on the "Adventures of Batman and Robin" and "The New Batman Adventures."

Hopefully, Superman TAS, Justice League (TAS and Unlimited) and the two BTAS animated direct to DVD movies (Subzero and Batwoman) will also see the light of day in the next few years.

This is some of the finest music written for television. It's been a joy and honor to bring these out and we hope to continue to mine this incredible slate of superhero music.

We are also looking into stuff like Animaniacs and Tiny Toons. The ealry 90's was truly the 2nd Golden Age of Animation at Warners Bros. We are doing our part to preserve that legacy.

MV

Many quotes from this thread:

For Immediate Release.

June 30, 2012

Comic Con price $25

Comic Con price $60

Comic Con price $25

THE PHANTOM

Comic Con price $20

www.lalalandrecords.com

In regards to BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES: VOL 1 (Second Edition):

We cut out two bonus cues -- one was a suite of music Shirley did of various themes to showcase the variety of scores in the show for the producers and the other was a tutorial she made for film music students to showcase the theme. Chances are pretty good these tracks would not have ever seen the light if day if the composer were around during the production of this set. The main body of the original pressing is still contained herein as is the original artwork and liner notes (sans any mention of the bonus cues).

I've been collecting various things since the age of 12 and I wish to honor those customers who purchased the set -- whether it be for the full retail price when the item was initially released or to those who purchased it in the secondary market at a much higher value. They have something special. They have something that truly is a Limited Edition of 3000 units.

To change the artwork or improve the sound or add extra tracks to this second volume would be, more or less, a spit in the face of those original 3000.

I have too much respect for my customers, my product and my word as a business man. Limited edition means limited edition. 'Nuff said. smile.gif

MV

Here is the tracklist with complete caps removed:

Batman The Animated Series Volume 2 (Abbreviated Track Listing)

Disc One

1. Batman: The Animated Series - Main Title (Danny Elfman)

2-12 Beware The Gray Ghost - Carl Swander Johnson

13-30 The Cat And The Claw, Parts I And II - Harvey R. Cohen, Wayne Coster, Shirley Walker

31-39 Nothing To Fear - Shirley Walker

40-49 Heart Of Ice - Todd Hayen, Shirley Walker

50 End Credits (Extended) (Danny Elfman)

Disc Two

1 Main Title (Piano Version) (Danny Elfman And Shirley Walker)

2-10 Appointment In Crime Alley - Stuart V. Balcomb

11-19 Mad As A Hatter - Harvey R. Cohen

20-25 The Strange Secret Of Bruce Wayne - Lolita Ritmanis

26-34 I've Got Batman In My Basement - Shirley Walker, Carlos Rodriguez

35-49 Feat Of Clay, Part I - Jeff Atmajian, Shirley Walker, Carl Swander Johnson

50 End Credits (Alternate Beginning) (Danny Elfman)

Disc Three

1 Main Title (Midi Version) (Danny Elfman And Shirley Walker)

2-12 Almost Got 'Im - Stuart Balcomb

13-23 If You're So Smart, Why Aren't You Rich? - Carlos Rodriguez

24-40 The Demon's Quest, Parts I And II - Michael Mccuistion And Harvey R. Cohen

41-49 The Laughing Fish - Shirley Walker

50 End Credits (Alternate Ending) (Danny Elfman)

Disc Four

1 Main Title (With Sound Effects) (Danny Elfman)

2-16 Shadow Of The Bat, Parts I And II - Shirley Walker And Harvey R. Cohen

17-21 Harley And Ivy - Peter Davison, Michael Mccuistion, Lolita Ritmanis, Shirley Walker

22-27 Read My Lips - Shirley Walker

28-33 Fire From Olympus - Shirley Walker

34 End Credits (Alternate Beginning And Ending)

Total Set Running Time: 291:14

Interesting - Feat Of Clay part 1 but not part2 (with the beautiful climactic music in the TV control room). Sounds like there's gonna be a volume 3 down the line...

Its both parts but damn facebook won't let me edit the original post without deleting everything first. smile.gif

MV

Well, I still vote Enterprise before Voyager; and I saw someone else up there say the same. I can take or leave Voyager, personally... though of course if a set had more Captain Proton music on it, I'd be all over that. Maybe there's more fun music from the series I'm forgetting, but the show itself was just so forgettable most of the time it's all just a haze.

Whenver DS9 comes out, I'll definitely be ordering on day 1.

I vote Enterprise before Voyager as well. smile.gif

MV

Cool titles MV!smile.gifAlso, are you guys working on any unreleased Conti? I'm sorry have to ask!smile.gif

That's the plan. smile.gif

MV

While working on Vol 2 a number of episodes of the first "65" got the axe and will be featured on Vol 3: Robin's Reckoning Parts 1 and 2, Day of the Samurai and The Clock King to name a few.

Our plan is to have Vol 3 out next year (possibly another 4 disc set). That would be all the music we would release from the first 65. We are also contemplating releasing an empty box when vol 3 comes out so people can put all 3 volumes inside. It would be like $5 (or around there) if people wanted to buy it separately or free with purchase of Vol 3...something like that.

Then we would focus on the "Adventures of Batman and Robin" and "The New Batman Adventures."

Hopefully, Superman TAS, Justice League (TAS and Unlimited) and the two BTAS animated direct to DVD movies (Subzero and Batwoman) will also see the light of day in the next few years.

This is some of the finest music written for television. It's been a joy and honor to bring these out and we hope to continue to mine this incredible slate of superhero music.

We are also looking into stuff like Animaniacs and Tiny Toons. The ealry 90's was truly the 2nd Golden Age of Animation at Warners Bros. We are doing our part to preserve that legacy.

MV

That episode list and MV's comments have me utterly enraptured. This is great. So great. So glad to see that "The Laughing Fish" and "Feat of Clay" will be represented, as those were two of my tops. The tragic Matt Hagen theme is perhaps one of Walker's greatest, and certainly one of the greatest to hit television, and "The Laughing Fish" really shocked me with how great it was when I revisited it in episode.

EDIT: Oh, and how can I forget "Beware the Gray Ghost"?! Some standout material there as well, with the Gray Ghost theme and the recurring motive for the cars. Good stuff.

That episode list and MV's comments have me utterly enraptured. This is great. So great. So glad to see that "The Laughing Fish" and "Feat of Clay" will be represented, as those were two of my tops. The tragic Matt Hagen theme is perhaps one of Walker's greatest, and certainly one of the greatest to hit television, and "The Laughing Fish" really shocked me with how great it was when I revisited it in episode.

EDIT: Oh, and how can I forget "Beware the Gray Ghost"?! Some standout material there as well, with the Gray Ghost theme and the recurring motive for the cars. Good stuff.

I love that bit ( the music and the animation itself is stunning) where Gordon and his squad are waiting for the cars to strike city hall or the library (can't remember which it's been a while since I've last seen it) and Batman comes of the building out with a flamethrower and destroys the cars. The themes for the cars is very thrilling in a threatening way. The Gray Ghost theme was very old school in a 30s -40s serial kind of way. It always sort of reminded me of Elfman's Dick Tracy theme. The animation in that episode is very top notch (as most of the episodes) and the music really complemented and captured the images. The music on this show as a whole are all great. It's hard for me to pick a favorite. Even Vol 2 is missing some great scores. Though I'm not complaining. I'm glad LLLR was able to release one volume let alone two.

Is not knowing it a valid excuse for not loving it? :)

Ignorance is no excuse!

For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Hopefully somewhere down the line on that schedule there'll be a Silvestri release. The Bodyguard, Blown Away or Judge Dredd would suffice.

www.lalalandrecords.com

Well I can cross The Bodyguard off the list of some of the Silvestri scores I'd like to own. I didn't expect (though I was hoping) LLLR or any label for that matter to release it especially this year. Awesome.

Yeah seems a random selection, but cool anyway. I have 15 mins of the footwarmer and will take another listen to the rest. It's very mature Silvestri.

I still want to have Blown Away though. Never seen the film, but the footwarmer, which sounds like a cassette transfer, is really good.

I love that bit ( the music and the animation itself is stunning) where Gordon and his squad are waiting for the cars to strike city hall or the library (can't remember which it's been a while since I've last seen it) and Batman comes of the building out with a flamethrower and destroys the cars. The themes for the cars is very thrilling in a threatening way. The Gray Ghost theme was very old school in a 30s -40s serial kind of way. It always sort of reminded me of Elfman's Dick Tracy theme. The animation in that episode is very top notch (as most of the episodes) and the music really complemented and captured the images. The music on this show as a whole are all great. It's hard for me to pick a favorite. Even Vol 2 is missing some great scores. Though I'm not complaining. I'm glad LLLR was able to release one volume let alone two.

Well, if they're doing the "Adventures of Batman & Robin" and "The New Batman Adventures" separately from the first 65, they should be able to get the vast majority of the scores with three volumes.

Holy God, that B:TAS track listing looks incredible. It also seems that they are taking a more complete approach with each score, going by the number of tracks--that and/or doing fewer combined cue tracks. Either way, supremely tantalizing.

A lot of people seem really excited about the DS9 set and we should be. :) Hopefully LLL will have better sales with that than they have had the TNG set. If the DS9 is more successful hopefully that'll be enough to get more DS9 music out and hopefully Voyager music too. There's quite a few episodes of Voyager I'd love to have the music from.

I don't really care about the other releases but DS9 is a sure buy. The fantastic main theme and its variations are worth it alone.

I hope they include many of the great main theme variations like when the Defiant departs DS9 in the season 3 episode "The Die Is Cast".

Fantastic, it contains everything I wanted. :)

John, you're providing the liner notes, I take it?

Karol

To Volume 2, yes. Daniel Schweiger wrote the liner notes for Volume 1.

That's terrific then. Can't wait to read it. Your Batman Returns notes were excellent.

And yes, I know Daniel did Vol. 1. :)

Karol

Im happy to see that there is a DS9 set coming. That will fit well on my shelf with The Gold Box and The TNG Set.

Likewise. I also have the LLL TNG Volume 1 set.