Ok time to get squishy...

wanner251

I just want to say how thankful I am for a forum like this one. It is so amazingly wonderful to know that there are people out there that are as artfully passionate as myself. You guys totally "get it" and I just want to say thank you for coming together. :-)

I know I've only been here for half a year, but I do appreciate this great community.

Community is always important but perhaps even more so at certain times in our lives. While many well-meaning individuals doubt the substance and authenticity of virtual community, I suspect that some here would reject such a categorical dismissal.

One of the best parts of JWFan is that change comes very gradually. During times of transition or anxiety, it is really nice to come back to this MB and see the same posters, the same types of discussion, etc. It's very comforting.

Get thee to a nunnery!

Isn't it "go thee way to a nunnery"?

One of the best parts of JWFan is that change comes very gradually. During times of transition or anxiety, it is really nice to come back to this MB and see the same posters, the same types of discussion, etc. It's very comforting.

Get thee to a nunnery!

Isn't it "go thee way to a nunnery"?

Well, I usually tell women to "get thee to a nunnery," but I suppose I can try "go thy way to a nunnery." It somehow seems less viscerally misogynistic, though.

From the title I thought somebody had turned into a bath sponge but on closer examination this is all about appreciation for this MB. In that case I share this sentiment. This is truly a place where we can discuss this passion of ours with many like minded people and it has kept me coming back for a decade now.

But we are like bath sponges: we immerse ourselves in Williams's music, soaking up its riches with abandon.

Amen. This should be one of the main philosophical analogies of our Williamsian church.

We tried firm at JWFan once. Didn't work. So squishy it is now. Take it or leave it.

P.S. This innuendo thing is becoming a regular feature. I don't think there was so much of it when Quint... I mean Ren was absent.

I'll take it.

Sorry inc. just me. I can leave again, but I'd be sad

Oh I didn't mean that the innuendo was a negative thing Ren. Please stay as our Queen. ;)

Agreed Alice.

For me, this place was home in 2002+. I spent a lot of time here. I transitioned into my career and made film music its forefront. Life ebbed and flowed and and checked in from time to time. But film still was a mainstay of my career. I'm back now. This is something I've been missing for quite some time. The friendships I've created from it are wonderful and I hope to continue.

JW is far from my favorite composer. and there isn't even an official snoozeman thread.

but there's something about this place...

You should rectify this by creating a new Thomas Newman thread then Alice. When there is a will there is a way you know! I promise to participate in highly longwinded analysis and conversations about Mr. Newman's music and character in there.

And yes the good ol' JWFan charm hasn't worn out yet. It keeps pulling us back.

I'll take it.

Sorry inc. just me. I can leave again, but I'd be sad

Oh I didn't mean that the innuendo was a negative thing Ren. Please stay as our Queen. ;)

I was hoping to. It just sounded like you'd prefer no innuendo.

• 2 weeks later...

And not just in the thread either, everywhere.

I find myself growing fatigued Doctor. Could we continue this quoting in another thread?