The Maurizio Appreciation Thread

Hlao-roo

It's always sad to bid farewell to one of our long tenured members, especially one as articulate and infectiously passionate as Maurizio. He has displayed a deep, wide-ranging knowledge and appreciation of Williams's oeuvre, and there's no question his departure impoverishes us all. Maurizio, we will miss you and wish you the best.

:blush: :blush: :blush:

Guys, you made me blush... really. Your warmness is touching.

EDIT: Ok, you got me guys, I can't resist this showcase of love :)

Let's say that I won't go away, but I'll take more of a lurker attitude, contributing only when I'll have something interesting to say and share (which is more or less what I've always done). Probably I overreacted a bit this morning, I don't know. But I've learned again today that this place is special.

Thanks to you all.

:music: "End Title, End Cast" from Jaws 2

Hope you'll recharge batteries and be back soon Maurizio. But I wouldn't discourage you from taking a bit of vacation, if you feel like it.

Message boards are strange beasts: on one hand they give you an impression you know the people, but, most of the time, it just isn't the case. I wouldn't treat it this seriously. It's not a job, you know. :)

You're a very good poster, with much better grasp of music than many of us (including myself), so it wouldn't be clever of us to let you go just like that.

So have a rest. And never say never!

Karol

I hope you stay Maurizio. Your posts have always been some of the most interesting and enlightening stuff to read here. It's always a pleasure to hear your musically articulate thoughts.

in the realm of JOHN WILLIAM POSTERS, HE IS A GOD.

His appreciation and knowledge have always been well stated.

I must admit he's one of about three posters here whose depth of knowledge and insight where both the maestro and film music are concerned I really appreciate and take time out to read. A reliable source indeed.

Let's say that I won't go away, but I'll take more of a lurker attitude, contributing only when I'll have something interesting to say and share (which is more or less what I've always done).

It'll start that way but then you'll eventually post regularly again - like me :P

Was it all that talk about John Williams orgasms? Because, I mean, I meant it, but I'll tone that stuff down. You're obviously a valued poster here, and you have this feelgood JW avatar I always enjoy seeing in threads.

I must admit he's one of about three posters here whose depth of knowledge and insight where both the maestro and film music are concerned I really appreciate and take time out to read. A reliable source indeed.

So me, Maurizio and....?

Since I'm new, I went back and read some old posts from Maurizio... I have concluded that this board needs someone passionate like that. Passion in music is the great equalizer. We can talk technical all day, but when it comes down to it, if there is passion in the music, it doesn't matter what is going on technically. And Maurizio obviously has a knack for reminding us all of this fact. I don't know him from Adam, but I know that this board needs him.

I'll keep a direct link to this thread on the desktop in my laptop, so whenever I'll feel bad for any reason, this will put a big smile back on my face :)

You're all too sweet, guys. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. :wub:

What's with all these attention seeking "I'm leaving" threads lately? If you're going to leave (only to return a few days later), do it quietly without seeking fanfare!

If anyone's at fault here, it's me, but it's at least gratifying to me that Maurizio is better aware of how much his presence here is valued. I don't know what specifically provoked or precipitated his initial decision to leave; I do know that sometimes we can alienate others unnecessarily. We can cross lines that needn't be crossed, even after allowing for a sensible range of expression.

Even if these threads and others like it have their excesses, I think they potentially afford us a "teachable moment," if you'll pardon the phrase. They help us recognize the underlying personal affection sometimes belied by our rhetoric -- and, maybe, just maybe, reexamine the bounds within which passionate, spirited debate can remain healthy.