Quintus

Gunman kills Batman moviegoers in US

Tragic. Most chilling is that it sounds like premeditated from the news reports.

Absolutely appalling news. It's impossible for me to comprehend how something like this happens.

14 people can die quite randomly from gunfire. Meaning that you can surely shoot people in a full theater without knowing them at all. I was refering to the smoke bomb that this person had set off in the theater which makes it look even more planned.

It also makes me sick, sad and afraid when people for whatever reason take out their frustration, desperation or what ever grievance they have with the world on innocent and seemingly random bystanders. And all the more when it looks like it has been done with some level of the above mentioned premeditation.

14 killed and 50 wounded.

This kind of event makes a particular impact over here, as we just went through the horrible mass killings on Utøya here in Norway last year.

My thoughts are with all the victims and affected.

All you are left with after a thing like this is the question "Why?".

And yes my thoughts go to all the victims and their families and all affected.

i meant the death penalty....

i swear this stuff didnt happen with this frequency or magnitude in 1992

exactly Karol

There are some sick people in this world.

One radio station was openly comparing the gunman to an Occupy Wall Street weirdo more than a "terrorist."

Another station presented an interview of a man from the next theater, who described an account he heard from a girl who survived the ordeal inside the actual theater. The gunman was covered in black from head to toe, wearing a riot helmet, goggles, bulletproof vest, carrying a shotgun, walking slowly, and using smoke canisters. That speaks of a shooter with a clear, calm state of mind which definitely points to premeditation. The man directly interviewed thought that since the attacks were timed so perfectly with an action/shootout scene in the movie, that it was actually part of the movie.

Colorado has the death penalty, so long as you're not younger than 18 or have mental issues. They just haven't used it in umpteen years.

The man directly interviewed thought that since the attacks were timed so perfectly with an action/shootout scene in the movie, that it was actually part of the movie.

That's the scariest part, actually. Some people inside the theater may have thought that it was all an act...

He did, at first. He thought it was cool. Expensive theater or something. Then he looked around and saw people standing at the walls, and things were coming through the walls, and people were feeling at themselves to make sure they were all there, then big holes formed in the wall. Then people started clearing out.

Ironic that what happened kind of mirrors the movie's plot (at least judging by the trailers) You know, a masked psycho terrorizing innocent civilians... I wonder if it's only by accident or it was some kind of Batman-psycho fan who lost track of what's real and what's on screen.:(

This will be the movie's legacy. Not its box office take. Not its lukewarm reviews. Not whatever awards it garners for Nolan's final Batman installment.

This. Tragedy.

All three of these movies deal with bad guys that are criminally insane. I'll lay you odds that he was too into this and thought he was pretending to be Bane, or Joker or Scarecrow...

This is really fucked up!

I get sick to my stomach when I think of the many Batman fans who showed up for the midnight screening, having waited for this movie with great expectaions for weeks and weeks...

This will be the movie's legacy. Not its box office take. Not its lukewarm reviews. Not whatever awards it garners for Nolan's final Batman installment.

This. Tragedy.

I don't think so. Not in ten years time.

It's already begun. Paris has cancelled the premiere of the movie there because of this.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=744595

Just as mainstream people -- not nerds, not people who defend this sub-culture -- think of violent video games and Columbine in the same sentence, people will associate TDKR and the Batman massacre for years to come.

Really screwed up. And the reports about what he was wearing and had available makes me wonder if no one asked what he had all of that for. I wonder if he stashed it away at an earlier time.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

It's already begun. Paris has cancelled the premiere of the movie there because of this.

http://movies.msn.co...spx?news=744595

Just as mainstream people -- not nerds, not people who defend this sub-culture -- think of violent video games and Columbine in the same sentence, people will associate TDKR and the Batman massacre for years to come.

cowards.

WB cancelled the red carpet premier with the stars and director, the movie is still being normally shown in France

I woke to this alert from CNN. So tragic. I'm reconsidering seeing this tonight, not for fear of my safety, but of being reminded during the film of what happened in Colorado.

This surely will affect attendance across the nation, I have to imagine.

This surely will affect attendance across the nation, I have to imagine.

It absolutely will affect attendance. A lot of people are going to choose to wait to see it after opening weekend now.

I'm going to wait until I can see it at the drive-in, so I can drive away in a hurry or run any would-be copycats over.

people will still attend the film in massive numbers this weekend. most people are not coward or live their lives in fear of lunatics.

14 people are dead and you have the audacity to call people cowards. Not everyone can look as threateningly imposing as you.

people will still attend the film in massive numbers this weekend. most people are not coward or live their lives in fear of lunatics.

Obviously its still going to be a huge opening weekend. I merely said it would be affected, not "it will be MASSIVELY affected!! OMGGGGGG!"

12 people are dead and you have the audacity to call people cowards. Not everyone can look as threateningly imposing as you. Jackass.

fixied it for you,

yeah I call people cowards who live their lives in fear. You cannot predict violence, nor should you live your life in fear of violence, sorry if that offends you. but lately everything I say offends you. go back to playing donkey kong, watch out for that barrel. Really you need to stay at home because your over reactions to my comments make you seem out of proportion. Never did I say I looked threathening or imposing. I'm fairly ordinary looking and wouldn't hurt a fly(figuratively). But bad stuff happens. If a plane crashes some people cancel their flights, the majority do not. People camping get mauled by bears but people still camp. You call me nasty names in violation of the rules but I still like you.