• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the pop music montage thing was boring

You're entitled to your opinion, but Blum, you're the guy who tried to convince everyone here that Prometheus was actually really good and the same guy who was too chicken-shit precious to put up a ph

Wow, congrats to the Brits. The men's gymnastics team is going to get so laid. They all looked chuffed to bits (trying to sound forcefully British), shame about the reversal on the silver though. D

The Who have no artistic merit? Queen? Oasis? Lennon? Madness? The Pet Shop Boys? Russel Bra...well..

You just wanted it to be like The Proms, which would have been obvious and boring

Queen of these is only I like just because of Freddie's talent.

No, I don't like it to be like Proms ; I like it to be more macigal, not so much pop music , more Cirque de Soleil kind of performances etc.

I would go rather to direction they did in Peking.

Not only trying to sell something. Well I'm all alone with this one also. Not surprised.

EDIT:

Explain why Bloodball? Just because it's unusual? Did you want them to cue the Elgar? Some Holst, followed by some Andrew Loyd Webber for the kids?

It's not about the kind of music they played. It's the fact that all they did was playing music... There was no show like in the opening ceremony. You just had those guys singing those songs you hear so many times on TV, on the radio... There was nothing magic about it. It was just a regular music concert. For something as big as the Olympics, something that happens only once every four years, I find that utterly disappointing.

Hey BB, Cool!

Hey I forgot to mention that that percussion group was fantastic.

And pre-recorded.

Circus de solie is for uncultured heathens.

Does it make it worse if it was pre-recorded?

Emily Sande's singing should have been pre-recorded too because now it was out of tune . Flat all the time.

Maybe it was hard to hear her own voice, the overall sound quality was bad in the show.

Hey I forgot to mention that that percussion group was fantastic.

And pre-recorded.

Circus de solie is for uncultured heathens.

Cirque de Soleil? Were they in the ceremony?

The percussive group was STOMP -- a legendary group that I've been a fan of for a long time (since the 90's, at least).

Incidentally, I'm seeing the Cirque live in a couple of weeks....the LA show with Elfman's music. Can't wait!

I need to find the solo brass moment where the flame was extinguished - something about the melody was familiar, and Thor suggested over at FSM that it was Dances with Wolves.

It was Dances With Wolves that played then.

Yeah I realise that now :) Half-past midnight isn't the best time for recognising slowed down quotes.

Unfortunately, that bit doesn't seem to be on the official CD.

Parade of the Athletes also sounds somewhat familiar - there's an up-then-down part, sort of similar to the 'Leaving Home' theme from Superman, but it's reminiscent of something else and I can't put my finger on it.

I'd imagine this is an easy question for someone here -- what was the music that played on NBC during the Costas narration *before* the closing credits montage (with Dragonheart and Remember the Titans) last night?

I'd imagine this is an easy question for someone here -- what was the music that played on NBC during the Costas narration *before* the closing credits montage (with Dragonheart and Remember the Titans) last night?

I think it was Gettysburg, but I wasn't paying attention.

Sent from Tapatalk

No, I'm afraid that wasn't it... the piece almost had an Irish feel to it (and it wasn't Far and Away). Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Sent from Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

There 2 new versions of Summon The Heroes that I have never heard. I DVR'd them off 2 special channels Time Warner has set up for soccer and basketball at the Olympics. I have to transfer them to my pc so I can edit them and figure out what it is.

Wow, that sounds awesome! Did you ever edit these cues? Can you post them on youtube?

• 1 year later...

Can someone identify the music that plays at the very beginning of this clip, while Costas is still narrating? (the theme from 0:35 through 1:20)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooWMPuqcp7w

Thanks!

No, I'm afraid that wasn't it... the piece almost had an Irish feel to it (and it wasn't Far and Away). Any other ideas?
Thanks!

Sent from Tapatalk

Can someone identify the music that plays at the very beginning of this clip, while Costas is still narrating? (the theme from 0:35 through 1:20)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooWMPuqcp7w

Thanks!

Thanks!

Sent from Tapatalk

That's from Stephen Warbeck's Oscar-winning score to Shakespeare In Love. Do I win a medal?

:D