So Ridley Scott is directing a Prometheus sequel... (The official Alien: Covenant Thread)

crocodile

• 1 month later...

Interestingly enough, I think most people want to see a sequel, if only because it's like a fiery crash that you can't look away from. You do kinda want to see if it gets worse.

Richard, are you being serious?

Yes, I am, actually. I think that "Prometheus" is Scott's best, and most entertaining film since "White Squall". I loved the chance to re-enter the "Alien" universe. True, it had its bad points, but I overlook them. I like it.

Wow. You';re the only one on this entire messageboard that feels that way.

White Squall? Sure, Boss Richard, it had a boat full of pretty boys, but to say it's Scott's best and most entertaining movie before Prometheus?! Am I still dreaming?

PosterWhiteSquall_zps37a31e71.jpg

Calling Prometheus his best film since White Squall does not mean he thinks White Squall is his best film before Prometheus.

Undoubtedly Scott's best film is that thing he put out in 1982 (can't remember the title), but I do like "WS". It has good photography, and it has Jeremy Sisto. It also has The Dude, and any flim that has him (yes, even "King Kong"!) can't be that bad.

Anyway, so what if I'm the only one who likes "Prometheus"? It really doesn't bother me.

Did you see the DC of Kingdom Of Heaven?

20111129kohdc2005w5_zps1cc3ca06.png

Critically humiliated but it's been re-evaluated ever since the Director's Cut ....

He usually knows beforehand that chances are there will be a shorter theatrical version and a longer DC version on home media.

Just because you hated the first one....

I look forward to the sequel, and in an opinion I'm fairly sure I'm alone with, I'd like to see Streitenfeld return.

Forgetting someone? ;)

I too enjoy Prometheus and look forward to the sequel.

In related news: just read that H.R. Giger died. I really liked his designs, in particular those connected to Alien :-(

• 2 months later...

We thought it was Prometheus 2, but the next Ridley Scott movie is called The Martian (starring Matt Damon), the adaptation of the Andy Weir novel -- the script was adapted by Drew Goddard. Has nothing to do with Prometheus, other than the sci-fi genre. Also, Fox moved it up from March 4, 2016 to November 25, 2015.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ridley-scotts-the-martian-starring-matt-damon-moved-up-to-2015-tim-burtons-peregrine-bumped-and-more-20140801

Excellent... uh I mean... too bad.

And you will love The Martian, Drax. It's Robinson Crusoe on Mars! Picture Matt Damon instead of Sandra Bullock and Mars instead of space.

BTW, I thought it was old news that Sott was going to do The Martian after Exodus.

We thought it was Prometheus 2, but the next Ridley Scott movie is called The Martian (starring Matt Damon), the adaptation of the Andy Weir novel -- the script was adapted by Drew Goddard. Has nothing to do with Prometheus, other than the sci-fi genre.

Yeah, sure, until Ridley starts saying things like: " It shares the Prometheus DNA, but it has nothing to do with Prometheus", then "It takes place in the same universe as Alien and Prometheus, but it has nothing to do with Alien and Prometheus" and finally: "OK, guys, it's a Prometheus sequel!"

• 1 month later...

I wonder where he's gone.

He's currently undergoing subtle evolutionary processes to become the bigger and badder Prometheus 2.

Did Koray really respond positively to Prometheus?

Nah, surely not! If he's did though, well... he just gets better and better :mrgreen:

Not necessarily positively, but I don't think it deserves all the hate and scrutiny. I enjoy it, despite its flaws. The 40 minutes or so of deleted material and fantastic making of documentary help flesh out what it could have been, which is something a lot better than what it ended up being.

The 40 minutes or so of deleted material

What do they consist of?

A lot of it is alternate material that just makes more sense than what ended up in the final cut. For instance, the dock bay door sequence with the dead guy who turns super human made no sense to me in theaters, but his original design made him to look more like a xenomorph instead of some random zombie. Some bits are extended, some were rightly changed... The encounter with the Engineer was originally like some horror flick with them playing hide and seek with a giant axe.

• 3 months later...