The Avengers: Age of Ultron

Kendal_Ozzel

DOFP does not undo the events of the first films. Otherwise, wouldn't Logan and Rogue be sent back to the Canadian wilderness, instead of hanging out at the X house? It just massages out the fucked up parts to give future sequels a happier continuity.

My belief here is that it took 30 years to prefect the Sentinels, so in the original timeline they weren't ready until after the events of X3. The only reason we saw the prototypes in DAFP is because Trask lived and was able to scare congress to fund the project.

Yeah, exactly. Besides, nobody quite knows what happened to those prototypes in the original timeline. Remember that everything that transpired in the final act was because of the time travel thing. Who knows what was the case in the original timeline.

Karol

So why was Trask black in X-Men 3? And not a midget?

Seriously? That's stupid...

Two people can have the same last name and can be unrelated to each other.

Because when The Last Stand came out, Fox and Brett Ratner weren't worried about continuity, ie how this film would affect future films. Bill Duke, a black man, was cast as a man named Secretary Trask. Was this supposed to be Bolivar Trask? Apparently IMDB and Wikipedia don't give this man a first name, so I don't know. Chalk it up to this movie shoehorning in too many characters and name drops.

The critical reception to this and Origins Wolverine likely led Fox to reboot the franchise with FC, which then became a prequel when DOFP made both timelines mingle.

When it came time to cast DOFP, which softened much of the damage caused by The Last Stand, Bryan Singer was a fan of Dinklage in Game of Thrones and decided to cast Bolivar Trask using the little white man instead of asking Duke to return.

No, X3 doesn't contradict the prior movies, but that's why I put in the ie coda in my sentence. X3 painted the franchise into a corner by killing Xavier, Scott, Jean, and declawing Magneto. Making Jean have the Phoenix buried in her psyche doesn't really contradict anything either, since we it wouldn't have been discussed openly earlier since it was assumed to be under control. Her strenuous "death" at Alkali Lake messed that up. I suppose the timing of Charles and Magneto amicably visiting her as a child, when they should have been fighting as seen later in FC, could be seen as problematic, but I envision the friendship and enmity going in cycles for years. Big deal.

Origins, as a prequel, improved the relationship between Sabretooth and Logan, but that contradicted the character established and killed in X-Men. It also messed with how Charles gets some of the mutants from Project X, and puts him back on hi feet, which FC then contradicts.

The entire saga is botched because Fox didn't have a plan from the start. Which only served to inspire Marvel to make a plan for The Avengers and all its dozens of supporting movies. It's a shame because on the whole, the X-Men franchise could have been richer.

My original point was that I think you can safely assume that black Trask and little white Bolivar Trask are not the same character. If you can't assume that, then DOFP must really really suck.

Another new spot with a bunch of new footage, focusing on Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch

If only that Thursday 23 April was for the US as well....

Maybe it wasn't in the review then, but someone on the board I mentioned that my faith in the MCU was restored after seeing Cap 1 and Thor 1 again, and Cap 2 for the first time.

Still gotta see Thor 2 and re-watch Avengers 1... and maybe the hulk and iron movies too, not sure

Weird that we are getting this April 22. Long before you guys.

Sorry for the delay! For American audiences, Hans Zimmer is busy writing 1.5 hours of music for Avengers 2 to replace Tyler's and Elfman's scores.

I've watched everything and I don't feel as though they've given away too much. There's clearly a whole aspect of the storyline not revealed yet

I don't really bother following trailers and TV spots, especially for movies I know I'll be seeing anyway.

Exception being Star Wars - I'll definitely make an effort to watch the theatrical trailer when it comes out.

We'll all be making an effort to piece together the entire narrative of the movie well in advance of its December release.

And then we'll all complain that the movie wasn't as good as how we imagined in the spoilers.