Jaws HD Restoration on Blu-Ray August 2012

• 3 months later...

I love that they finally went back to the original artwork.

somewhere out there Steve Awalt is dancing a jig.

I only wish we were getting our own Jaws steelcase like the folks in the UK. Quint you gotta snatch that up.

The list of extras is quite good.

http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/192/imagegtz.jpg

btw Jaws is a more important release on blu than Raiders and it's follow-ups.

For me, JAWS is the most important release on blu period.

Have preordered the steelbook. Nice to see this is two discs, so maximum space for the film.

it's two discs, a blu and a dvd. The film is not split on two discs.

Ok that's pretty rubbish then.

Edit: misunderstanding. I don't want the film split over two discs, but want the special features on their own disc. UK edition is two discs but doesn't include DVD - so second disc is either extras or digital copy disc. Hope the latter.

a single 50G blu disc will hold Jaws quite well along with plenty of extras. It's not just being readied for blu, it's being given an actual film restoration. I expect something glorious.

Thanks for posting that, Charlie. Cannot wait!

What's interesting is Spielberg keeps commenting how it will look better than when it originally played. I think that's great, and I'm all for that, but there is something to be said for capturing that vintage screening feel. I have a copy of Star Wars transferred from an old 16 mm print. Scratches, dust, jitter, the works. And yet, it takes me back to when I saw it in the theater as a kid, because in 1977 theatrical presentations were a bit like that.

Maybe they come around releasing THE SHARK IS STILLW ORKING this time? This i'd like to see.

It's on there!

So what are the other 99 films Universal is planning to restore?

They're restoring 13 but releasing 100 on blu. The list:

All Quiet on the Western Front, The Birds, Buck Privates, Dracula(1931), Dracula Spanish (1931), Frankenstein, Jaws, Schindler's List, Out of Africa, Pillow Talk,Bride of Frankenstein, The Sting and To Kill a Mockingbird.

Maybe they come around releasing THE SHARK IS STILLW ORKING this time? This i'd like to see.

It's on there!

All Quiet on the Western Front, The Birds, Buck Privates, Dracula(1931), Dracula Spanish (1931), Frankenstein, Jaws, Schindler's List, Out of Africa, Pillow Talk,Bride of Frankenstein, The Sting and To Kill a Mockingbird.

this is just a preliminary list. More films will be coming. Many More. It is possible we will see Airport on blu before the end of the year.

Hegdi the release date for Jaws is August 14th in the States. We don't have to wait as long as the Brits do.

Hedji the release date for Jaws is August 14th in the States. We don't have to wait as long as the Brits do.

Awesome. There's still a chance to save August then.

It's on there!

this is just a preliminary list. More films will be coming. Many More. It is possible we will see Airport on blu before the end of the year.

Hegdi the release date for Jaws is August 14th in the States. We don't have to wait as long as the Brits do.

That is the list of films they are doing full restorations on. I have heard that the 14th is ET.

It's on there!

That is the list of films they are doing full restorations on. I have heard that the 14th is ET.

Like I said that's the preliminary list. There are many more films.

I could never get into Jaws or Close Encounters for some reason.

Too slow for ya, Mr Big?

It is possible we will see Airport on blu before the end of the year.

Hmm, it doesn't seem like my kind of film studio.

Name me one occasion when I wasn't right, huh?

Most of the time,

but you're like a broken clock, twice a day you're correct.

Well that Ladd Company Logo before Blade Runner doesn't sound very good, huh?

Of course not, it John Williams. I was just showing my knowledge to you geeks.

Twice a day, huh? That means the post I'm typing right now is incorrect.

No Alex you could be right, we don't know when that broken clock stopped.

As has been established Jaws will be released in the United States of America on August 14th.

It should be noted that Jaws 2 will also be released the same day.

I will get both. Hopefully the cover art will include the Original poster art.

Just when you thought it was safe to get back in the water.....Jaws and Jaws 2.

as I said for me it's more important than Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark.