Jaws HD Restoration on Blu-Ray August 2012

he won't but you know that his butthole tightens each time he sees Tin Tin spelled that way.

As for upcoming blu rays I eagerly await the announcement for Universals The Invisible Man, perhaps my most beloved old horror film. I would love to see a well made remake but that seems utterly and totally impossible given all the attempts.

I love that JAWS 2 is coming as well. When JAWS was first confirmed, Universal also said JAWS 3-D was coming on BD3D.

I'm also waiting for the Universals, especially THE WOLF MAN and THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN.

Jaws 2 is such a weird flick. It has the look of the first movie, a bunch of the characters, the shark, JW's music. But yet, it's all wrong.

Possibly just the strangest sequel ever.

It's a mere shadow of the original, but that doesn't mean it's without its own moments. The part where Brody slowly wades out into the sea to retrieve the washed up 'thing' matches pretty much anything Spielbergian of the original, which is a heck of compliment. I remember being a kid and absolutely shitting myself during that scene.

Jaws 2 is such a weird flick. It has the look of the first movie, a bunch of the characters, the shark, JW's music. But yet, it's all wrong.

Possibly just the strangest sequel ever.

Exorcist II? :lol:

Okay, not a sequel, but I'm gonna say it anyway: Return Of The Jedi! It made me cry right there in a cinema in London. Lucas was no longer a god in the eyes of a teenager.

Okay, not a sequel, but I'm gonna say it anyway: Return Of The Jedi! It made me cry right there in a cinema in London. Lucas was no longer a god in the eyes of a teenager.

At last. I knew there has to be a reason somewhere for your being here ;)

It made me also cry right there in a cinema in my hometown. Williams was still a god in the eyes of a teenager, even if the film was meh.

Jaws 2 also features some great looking locals where it was filmed on the redneck riviera.

• 2 months later...

Jaws was on TV on Bravo HD channel today. I guess it was probably the DVD version and not the new HD re-master? (I refrained from watching too much of it but it looked a bit fuzzy_)

Phooey. This is why I can hardly wait till I can afford cable again. I miss catching these movies randomly on TV. They make summertime (and any other time) a real nostalgic treat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Review for Jaws:

http://www.blu-ray.c...ay/7547/#Review

to tell you the truth, i really don't like that default menu that universal has in its blurays!

(you can see in the screenshots)

they should do something unique in each film

i can imagine the E.t. one.

The same boring half-moon shaped menu..

Huge article on the Jaws Blu Ray with a ton of pictures

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=9253

Many thanks for the heads-up!

severed-head-jaws.jpg

I find myself stockpiling a lot of those pics to my hard-drive, in the event of the internet blowing up. Weird, I know.

Added are new extra features and a remastered soundtrack, with the music score taken directly from the 35mm music stems.

Could a new score remaster suggest a new CD release could follow?

I'll be getting the Digibook of Jaws this week, and I see that ET is going to be available at Target in the Steelbook, or at Best Buy you can get a digibook.

I'm getting the DigiBooks. I still don't even intend to keep my Blu-rays and remaining DVDs in their physical packaging for much longer (hello, Discgear storage systems). My one steelbook is the Best Buy Jurassic Park set and that's mainly because the cover art of the JP logo on black is clearly the best design. That being said, DigiBooks are neat packaging. It's not even about what's contained in the pages. I haven't read any of mine because they don't really tell you anything you didn't already know if you're a fan. Hell, the Batman one is mostly pages of the comic adaptation, and it's not the whole thing. Lame! The Jaws pages are frankly awful, but the book is cool.

That being said, the books have frequently had superior cover art to standard releases and look better than little cheap Blu-ray cases. That E.T. book cover is the best of them all. It's the classic VHS cover! The steelbook looks like they opened up the 20th Anniversary poster in some primitive image editing program and selected "invert colors". Just terrible.

Ordered my BestBuy digibook, and will pick it up at the store tomorrow.

I'm going to get mine tomorrow at lunch, it's like Christmas in August.

I'm debating whether to show it to my daughter. She's 9. It may scar her for life and make her fear swimming.

show it to her

Hedji make sure you print off a Universal 100 coupon to get 3 bucks off.

http://www.universal100th.com/

I think it'll be sweet to look back and say that Jaws was my first BluRay purchase, which it will be. I just haven't made up my mind whether I'll go get it tonight or wait for the weekend.

I'm debating whether to show it to my daughter. She's 9. It may scar her for life and make her fear swimming.

show it to her

Hedji make sure you print off a Universal 100 coupon to get 3 bucks off.

http://www.universal100th.com/

Thanks for the coupon, Joey. I already paid for it online for in-store pickup. Maybe they'll let me return it, and re purchase it with the coupon. Worth a shot, I suppose.

They won't because with in-store pickup you have to wait 2 hours after you pick it up. Should have just bought it in the store, less hassle. Or have Amazon deliver it to your doorstep ;)

No big deal. I figured I'd order online to guarantee they don't sell out, and in store pickup to guarantee it doesn't get damaged in shipping.

I've never heard of a movie selling out before, honestly. I understand the appeal of in-store pick up. Should be fast and easy, right? Not the way BBY does it. They're even known for selling pre-ordered copies to customers who will pay right then and there.

I must be blind but I don't see the coupon. Joey, where is it exactly?

click on the Instant reward Game and it will take you through the steps to "win" the coupon and then print it out.

the nice thing is I can print it out in 3 weeks and get Airport, and then again in October and use one on E.T.

They won't because with in-store pickup you have to wait 2 hours after you pick it up. Should have just bought it in the store, less hassle. Or have Amazon deliver it to your doorstep ;)

Koray, Amazon doesn't have the Digibook of Jaws.

Yes the Digibook of Jaws is a Best-Buy Exclusive for some reason. Joey when you get it, can you let us know how the contents of the pages of the booklet are?