Jaws HD Restoration on Blu-Ray August 2012

Yes the Digibook of Jaws is a Best-Buy Exclusive for some reason. Joey when you get it, can you let us know how the contents of the pages of the booklet are?

I'll post pictures sometime tonight, It's ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS.

BTW, E.T. will be a Best Buy Digibook exclusive for about the same price.

Sweet. I may have to break my "only buy blu rays under $8" rule for this one. Of course if I do, 6 months from now Amazon will be selling the digibook version for $9.99 :P

I live near a small Best Buy, got there at 11:45 am and they had 2 digibooks left, one when my purchase was done.

Got it and watched it.

It looks tremendous, BUT the underwater scenes in the cage sequence were surprisingly blanched of color. Almost black and grey rather than the blue we're used to. That's my one nitpick.

(1977 posts... A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...)

Got it and watched it.

It looks tremendous, BUT the underwater scenes in the cage sequence were surprisingly blanched of color. Almost black and grey rather than the blue we're used to.

That's it!! I'm happy with my still brilliant looking DVD.

I asked the lady if I could return the (paid online) digibook, and then re-purchase it to use the coupon. At first, she was going to do it, but then she scanned the coupon and the digibook and said the digibook wasn't eligible for the coupon. She could've been bullshitting me, but I didn't want to fight over it for 3 bucks.

The website says the digibook is unavailable at every Best Buy. You have to actually go to find out if they really have it. Or call I suppose.

I attempted after work and found no Jaws Blu-rays and a piece of paper on the shelf that said stores only carried maximum two copies of the advertised book. It's completely embarrassing. If this company doesn't go out of business in the next year or so I'll be surprised.

Where is it online if it's even listed at all? Even their website is pure shit.

Edit: found it, you can't buy it. It literally takes you from billing information to shipping, where you then learn it's unavailable. Is Best Buy for real? I mean, this is a real place on Earth in the year 2012?

Okay I'm going to cheat here but Bluray.com had some pics posted on their forum. They're better than I can do.

http://i141.photobuc...re/IMG_0940.jpg

http://i141.photobuc...re/IMG_0941.jpg

http://i141.photobuc...re/IMG_0942.jpg

http://i141.photobuc...re/IMG_0943.jpg

http://i141.photobuc...re/IMG_0944.jpg

I have not put it in yet.

Got it and watched it.

It looks tremendous, BUT the underwater scenes in the cage sequence were surprisingly blanched of color. Almost black and grey rather than the blue we're used to.

That's it!! I'm happy with my still brilliant looking DVD.

you're brilliant DVD was copied from a decayed print, the new Blu and DVD have been masterly restored for my viewing pleasure. About to put it in.

No rush for me, I cancelled my amazon preorder to get the Best Buy version, but I can wait a week or two before I go pick one up.

Though of course E.T. will have to be a day one purchase!

http://www.amazon.ca/Jaws-Limited-Collectors-Universals-Anniversary/dp/B007ZOA6NA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344994393&sr=8-1

In case Worst Buy never makes it available again after selling its 2 copies per store.

Wow. Definitely gonna have to get the digitbook. Off to the $3 coupon site I go!

Yeah I got it today. Rip off at $25 but what the hell, it's Jaws.

I asked the lady if I could return the (paid online) digibook, and then re-purchase it to use the coupon. At first, she was going to do it, but then she scanned the coupon and the digibook and said the digibook wasn't eligible for the coupon. She could've been bullshitting me, but I didn't want to fight over it for 3 bucks.

She doesn't know what she's doing. Was she wearing a white shirt? Manufacturer coupons don't get scanned because they're not for those registers. You slip it under the register and manually enter it in after you hit 'Total.'

My old friend rung me up today so I had no beef.

Worst Buy is really the only place in all the world offering the book packaging? Their stores had 2-4 copies each...??

the sign they had at my store was limit of 2 per customer not 2 per store.

The bluray.com forum is freaking out over the digibook sellout.

They should be. It's the best packaging for the BD and from what I understand wasn't even available to most people in the world. Luckily, Canada has it.

Wow. Definitely gonna have to get the digitbook. Off to the $3 coupon site I go!

Yeah I got it today. Rip off at $25 but what the hell, it's Jaws.

She doesn't know what she's doing. Was she wearing a white shirt? Manufacturer coupons don't get scanned because they're not for those registers. You slip it under the register and manually enter it in after you hit 'Total.'

My old friend rung me up today so I had no beef.

that's what happened to me, they manually entered it after asking lots of questions.

After comparing to the DVD, I must retract my earlier quibble about the underwater sequences not being vibrant. They are very bit as colorful as the DVD image, but the clarity is unprecedented . Really an amazing restoration. So, ignore my earlier nitpick. It's a winner!

Also superb is the Shark is Still Working documentary. It has some really great nuggets, and in many ways, outdoes Bouzerau's doc. Really excited to finally see this, and now own it. A+.

Update: from the official Jaws Facebook page:

Jaws ‎Steven Feinberg: Demand outpaced expectations and more product will be arriving in stores over the upcoming days and weeks.

So it looks like more digibooks will be coming soon.

Just read the glowing write up for this on blueray.com, they say it's a stunning release, I cannot wait to get my hands on it! The screens look fantastic!

Also, I'm really glad they decided to bundle it with the hard fought love letter from the fans doc, The Shark is Not Working. That's good of Spielberg and Universal to pick it up and run with it.

I forgot to hit up my Best Buy early in the day. By the time I made it there, they were sold out—not just of the digibook, but of the blu-ray altogether. :| Guess I should've just stuck with Amazon.

Just read the glowing write up for this on blueray.com, they say it's a stunning release, I cannot wait to get my hands on it! The screens look fantastic!

Also, I'm really glad they decided to bundle it with the hard fought love letter from the fans doc, The Shark is Not Working. That's good of Spielberg and Universal to pick it up and run with it.

trust me when I say it is stunning. It's a magnificant transfer. The colors are .....well Janus Kaminski has never seen colors like this.

I didn't have the trouble that Hedji did, I never noticed any washed out during the cage sequences,

I did notice one FIX. Or what I believe is a FIX

In the scene where Chrissie is being eaten and she's pulled under water only to resurface a few seconds later it always looked like a jarring edit. Now it's smooth, there is not obvious edit. I wish I had the dvd to see if I'm mistaken. I know that a boat is digitally erased later in an open water sequence but that doesn't bother me.

If it wasn't for the automobiles you would think this movie came out recently.

I got the digibook at Best Buy today! Haven't opened it yet, but looking at it always makes me smile :P

I got my DigiBook today as well. They actually still had two! It may have helped that they actually just relocated and had a grand re-opening today, so maybe that helped my chances. :D

Sorry to double post, but I also found out thanks to that new documentary that the name of the book Brody flips through in the film with the cool artwork and disturbing images is called "Danger In The Sea" by Alec Fraser-Brunner. You can see it briefly on a display during the part where they showcase the cool artifacts from the film that are held at Martha's Vineyard. I've always been curious what book that was! It's of course very hard to find and fetches for a lot on Amazon on Ebay. Hope to get it somehow cheaper somewhere someday! :D

http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/0600328767

http://www.ebay.com/...R-/200797517749

This clip shows some of it, haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9Pz9RAYTRQ

I got my DigiBook today as well. They actually still had two! It may have helped that they actually just relocated and had a grand re-opening today, so maybe that helped my chances. :D

I got there in the nick of time. I went out of the store with the last copy they had :)

I haven't been following this, but what does the digibook have that the other version hasn't? And will there be one released in Europe too?

I'm not sure if this was mentioned here or not, but over at Blu-Ray.com, their forums are saying that Best Buy's website indicates "unavailable" if the quantity of digibooks drops below three.