Is Fidler on the Roof worth it!?

KittBash

I've been coming across this CD all the time but I haven't been able to make myself buy it! I keep telling myself that YEAH it is a Williams Oscar Winner BUT it really isn't his music! I know he did some underscore but is there enough to warrent me buying it? I've been toying with this the last couple years And I'm sure some of you have it so what you think?? should I or shouldn't I?? :?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it certainly isn't John Williams' music. :)

But still, Fiddler is one of my favorites. I has the best music of the following kinds: Jewish, orchestra/chorus, Broadway tunes and lyrical. I don't really like the guy who played Tevye (damn, I can't remember his name, I know it's just one word and it has two o's, crap!). But the rest is great. Wonderful songs, such as "Tradition" (the opening monologue is pure rural philosphy), "To Life" (as I said, the best jewish music), "Do You Love Me?" (I really love this one, as it makes a great point) and "Anatevka", which is really human.

So if you like one of the mentioned kinds of music you'll life this CD. However, I don't see it as a JW CD, to me it's just another musical on screen.

-ROSS

:) The Elephant Love Medley, from Moulin Rouge

I don't really like the guy who played Tevye (damn, I can't remember his name, I know it's just one word and it has two o's, crap!)

It's Topol (the smoker's toothpaste), who went on to play Dr. Zarkhov in the goofy "Flash Gordon" remake.