519mM4NchiL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

As seen on the main page, here is the track list and list of soloists:

01. The People's House (3:41)

02. The Purpose Of The Amendment (3:06)

03. Getting Out The Vote (2:48)

04. The American Process (3:56)

05. The Blue And Grey (2:59)

06. "With Malice Toward None" (1:50)

07. Call To Muster And Battle Cry Of Freedom (2:17)

08. The Southern Delegation And The Dream (4:43)

09. Father And Son (1:42)

10. The Race To The House (2:41)

11. Equality Under The Law (3:11)

12. Freedom's Call (6:06)

13. Elegy (2:34)

14. Remembering Willie (1:51)

15. Appomattox, April 9, 1865 (2:36)

16. The Peterson House And Finale (11:00)

17. "With Malice Toward None" (Piano Solo) (1:31)

TOTAL TIME: 58:32

Performer: Chicago Symphony Orchestra / Chicago Symphony Chorus

Violin: Robert Chen

Trumpet: Christopher Martin

Clarinet: Stephen Williamson

Bassoon: David McGill

Horn: Daniel Gingrich

Piano: Randy Kerber

Producer: John Williams

Editor: Ramiro Belgardt / Robert Wolff

Recording Engineer: Shawn Murphy

Mixing Engineer: Shawn Murphy

Engineer: Brad Cobb

Contractor: Sandy De Crescent

Preparer: Jo Ann Kane Music Service

Mastering Engineer: Patricia Sullivan

http://www.jwfan.com/?p=4950

Here is the pre-order link on all the various Amazons

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009A9EPLM/

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B009A9EPLM/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009A9EPLM/

http://www.amazon.es/dp/B009A9EPLM/

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B009A9EPLM/

http://www.amazon.it/dp/B009A9EPLM/

http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B009A9EPLM/

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B009A9EPLM/

I'm guessing "With Malice Towards None" is going to end up being the main theme. I can't wait to hear the Chicago Symphony and the Chicago Symphony Chorus's performance. I hear they are a magnificent group.

I do not think Randy Kerber will fail us nor Williams himself. :)

David McGill, the bassoon soloists here, also performed JWs Bassoon Concert The Five Sacred Trees back in 2007, a performance rivalling or even surpassing Judith Leclair's. He also had an interesting pre-performance discussion with John Williams as he had compared the score to the recording and found inaccuracies in the sheet music. He contacted Williams and together they went through the entire piece on the phone in several sessions to ensure the music was exactly as Williams had originally intended. This way the faulty printing of the score got fixed in the process. And McGill was also very appreciative of Williams in a pre-concert interview and offered great commentary on the concerto and its movements.

There is also a traditional song called 'With Malice Towards None'.

Are the selections on the album based on that, or is it an original John Williams composition?

Jason, do you know?

Damn Roald! Now the cover will be just like that! Sony will certainly pick up on your design now.

There is also a traditional song called 'With Malice Towards None'.

Are the selections on the album based on that, or is it an original John Williams composition?

Jason, do you know?

I don't have a clue.

I haven't heard a note of this score in any form.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull actually had some subtle choir writing. I look forward to hearing what kind of choral music JW has written here or does the choir just sing the period music which might be included like the Battle Cry of Freedom.

I do not think Randy Kerber will fail us nor Williams himself. :)

Haha I meant the writing not the performance, sorry

Somehow I envisage this score to be something like a mix of Angela's Ashes and Born on the Fourth of July now. If it would really end up like that tone and style wise I would be tremendously happy. Piano and solo woodwind writing is always welcome from JW. :)

And considering the subject matter a 58 minute album could indeed be a lion's share of the score for the film.

And considering the subject matter a 58 minute album could indeed be a lion's share of the score for the film.

Even if it isn't, we'll still have games like Lincoln: Battlefront or Lincoln: The Old Republican to get unreleased music

15. Abraham's Noble End

Arrrgh for crying out loud! Damn you John Williams!

I was hoping the film might end without the assassination but track 16 is a dead give away.

if anyone yells spoilers tough titty said the kitty, this is history, history doesn't exist in a vacuum.

I'm guessing "With Malice Towards None" is going to end up being the main theme. I can't wait to hear the Chicago Symphony and the Chicago Symphony Chorus's performance. I hear they are a magnificent group.

They're easily in the top ten of the best orchestras in the world.

I met him, after a concert the CSO and Gil Shaham gave in the Concertgebouw in Amsterdam few years back :)

Somehow I envisage this score to be something like a mix of Angela's Ashes and Born on the Fourth of July now. If it would really end up like that tone and style wise I would be tremendously happy. Piano and solo woodwind writing is always welcome from JW. :)

I agree with your guess as well. Throw in Angela's Ashes, Born on the Fourth of July, some pastoral writing and piano material from War Horse, maybe some choral work from Saving Private Ryan (this one's a bit far fetched) and some nice guitar writing and you probably end up with what might be the Lincoln score.

It'll be one of those smaller intimate Williams scores that I've come to love so much.

And as for the 58 minute duration of the album, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the entirety of the film's score. Considering the nature of this film, there'll probably be about 10 or 15 minutes of missing material at most.

I actually talked to a musician in the CSO about the score and recording sessions...he couldn't give much information up.

Although he called it "non-virtuostic" and "Copland-eque" with a 19th century sound.

PS...the poster looked familiar...and it fit perfectly...

2571seb.jpg

Last time we got a JW track on an officially released soundtrack that was 11 minutes or longer was the end credits from RotS. Let's hope Lincoln's finale track is entirely original!

Last time we got a JW track on an officially released soundtrack that was 11 minutes or longer was the end credits from RotS. Let's hope Lincoln's finale track is entirely original!

And before that it was Zam The Assassin and The Chase Through Coruscant I believe

Why is Sandy DeCrescent credited as contractor? I thought she contracted L.A. sessions musicians, not the Chicago Symphony. Unless it was a Schindler's List situation where most of the prominent music (including soloists) was recorded with the CSO and the more atmospheric cues recorded with Williams' usual L.A. ensemble.

I do not know a lot about the musician contracting procedure in film score world but could be that DeCrescent contracted all the players on the soundtrack, both the few LA musicians featured, such as Randy Kerber, and the Chicago Symphony Orchestra.

Even if it isn't, we'll still have games like Lincoln: Battlefront or Lincoln: The Old Republican to get unreleased music

Don't forget the Lincoln: Power Battles and Lincoln:Nights of the Old Republic. Those might have some juicy unreleased bits too.

Yes. Haven't we gone through this before. Williams creates this music all by himself and if he could play 100 instruments at the same time he would play it all as well and no one would get credit. Just a blank piece of paper would be inside the sleeve. Because it all goes without saying.

This is probably JW's best chance fro an Oscar in awhile. It's a serious historical film, it's the only score he's writing this year, the film is being made by respected artists. The only other factors would be a) quality of the score and b) competition. Are there any other films being released this year that could have winnable scores?

Just realized thiswill be released on Election Day in the US...hopefully it leaks before so we don't need to pick between listening to Lincoln and watching the news