"John Williams is an ***hole", apparently

Quintus

I'd gladly trade a Star Wars or a Raiders March at a concert any day for Dracula or Eastwick.

Also, I was surprised to hear that Williams literally jerked them off. I didn't know he was into that. You'd think they'd be grateful for that, at least.

These jerks are so incredibly naive and immature. You could tell they don't have a clue about what they're talking about.

I wonder which one us at JWFan he could be... ;)

I always knew Incanus thought Williams was an arrogant prick. You could tell from the hateful words of the rants he calls "reviews/analyses".

But the real star of the show is obviously BloodBoal.

I'd love to go to a John Williams concert with no usual suspects on the programme.

Yes, the language and the level of articulation points directly to Incanus. That's only thing I'm certain in this life.

Karol

I dunno, I'm bored of his greatest hits too, but I'd rather have those than an hour of Potter music (with fucking annoying narration, no less). I'd be pretty pissed off if my one and only opportunity to see John Williams in concert was dominated by boring Harry Potter cues.

Which begs the question - why didn't these fools check the programme out beforehand?

I dunno, I'm bored of his greatest hits too, but I'd rather have those than an hour of Potter music (with fucking annoying narration, no less). I'd be pretty pissed off if my one and only opportunity to see John Williams in concert was dominated by boring Harry Potter cues.

Which begs the question - why didn't these fools check the programme out beforehand?

You know, I had my 'one and only opportunity' to see John Williams in concert two years ago. I 'only' got to see him conduct a suite from Memoirs Of A Geisha.

But was I disappointed or anything? No. I was grateful. I got to see John Williams and that suite from MOAG will always have special meaning to me.

I think the kind of reaction shown in the video says a lot more about the 'fan', his personality and his rotten view on life in general. It says nothing about JW.

You know, I had my 'one and only opportunity' to see John Williams in concert two years ago. I 'only' got to see him conduct a suite from Memoirs Of A Geisha.

But was I disappointed or anything? No. I was grateful. I got to see John Williams and that suite from MOAG will always have special meaning to me.

I think the kind of reaction shown in the video says a lot more about the 'fan', his personality and his rotten view on life in general. It says nothing about JW.

Thank you!

What I love about that guy is that he calls himself a John Williams fan, yet he seems to only know the main themes of JW's most popular scores. I'm sure if you played Yoda's theme to him, he wouldn't even know where that cue... I'm sorry, that "song", come from.

exactly

If John was performing Geisha within ten miles of where I live I'd be there in a heartbeat. But if he was performing it in London only, then I just wouldn't go. If on the other hand he was performing a greatest hits one night only £100.00 per ticket in London's Royal Albert Hall, I'd drive the 200 miles especially to be there.

These idiots should have inspected the night's programme first. Because I'd have read it and passed. But that greasy fat smartarsed beaut evidently thinks John Williams goes everywhere performing Star Wars for entitled twats like him.

I've been lucky enough to see Williams twice, once in Philadelphia with our orchestra (he played all of his hits), and once in NY a few years ago when Spielberg and Scorsese were there. Both concerts were unforgettable and completely different from each other. At this point I would much rather have an opportunity to see him conduct some of his lesser known works (Geisha, Saving Private Ryan, The Fury, Dracula, Towering Inferno, Jane Eyre, etc). But that's coming from me, a Williams Fanatic.

I'm not sure why these people assume that JW only does these concerts to please his casual (read: uninformed) fans. When you have as much money as he does, the customer is no longer the highest priority. Also, the music from Harry Potter does not all sound the same.

3 Steps To Success:

1. Grow Up

2. Get a sense and appreciation for musical mastery

3. Read program

A Night At The Movies does not mean the "classics" are being played. Catch Me If You Can? Yeah, NOBODY saw that movie ...

Star Wars and Indiana Jones are being played to DEATH.

Don't blame John Williams for your expectations and idiotic fanboy quibbles.

John Williams is a composer, not a theme park attraction.

He's the equivalent of someone attending a rock concert and expecting to hear only hits played on the radio...and if the artist plays OTHER music, he is self-serving? WTF?????

This sums up nicely why film music concerts can so easily fall into the trap of being the same unrelated, unbalanced amalgam of the same old pieces over and over again, and why so many works deserving of a life performance never get picked up for an actual concert.

What I love about that guy is that he calls himself a John Williams fan, yet he seems to only know the main themes of JW's most popular scores. I'm sure if you played Yoda's theme to him, he wouldn't even know where that cue... I'm sorry, that "song", come from.

ROTFLMAO

Yes, so much for being "fans".

What really pissed me off about this video are the claims of him being egotistical, "self serving", arrogant, etc. Totally uncalled for. Why is he self-absorbed? Because he tried to change the program a bit this year for the same folks who might be tired of hearing the same pieces each year? Because you were too stupid to bother reading the porgramme?! Coming out for a few encores makes someone egotistical now?! Wtf! I wonder how these buffoons make it in the real world. They clearly have a poor sense of character judgement.

[media=]

their parents should have had abortions. no doubt the boy's mom wishes she'd taken the morning after pill.

that ezra guy is an a... hole

some ' british woman ' ermmmmm an aclaimed actress nominated for an academy award on more than one occasion

no u suck ....get real. get a life and education stop been deep rooted your own self importance

some ' british woman ' ermmmmm an aclaimed actress nominated for an academy award on more than one occasion

Sorry, she would have bored me to tears. I hate precious runtime interruptions. The "quaint" narration is for the laymen.

I'm sorry, but, while you can disagree with a lot of things he says, you absolutely cannot disagree with that statement. John Williams is indeed an egotistical self-serving little prick.

worf.jpg Little?

What really pissed me off about this video are the claims of him being egotistical, "self serving", arrogant, etc. Totally uncalled for.

I'm sorry, but, while you can disagree with a lot of things he says, you absolutely cannot disagree with that statement. John Williams is indeed an egotistical self-serving little prick.

Thats not the point. Its the fact that he makes that assumption based on the concert programme...

Calling him egotistical self-serving little prick because you know the guy is not.

But did they know him? Doubt it. Do YOU know him? Doubt it more.