When was John Williams' last concert in Europe?

Thor

I can't seem to get a definite answer for this over at FSM, and I need it for an upcoming article (a review of the Hollywood Bowl concert, in fact).

Was it the Barbican concerts in London in 1998? Or has there been anything since?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for getting back to me, Miguel. Yeah, since no one has offered up any more recent ones since then -- neither here or at FSM -- that's gotta be it.

I think it was summer 1997 ...I went to see JW at Birmingham Symphony Hall performing with the LSO. Amazing stuff. In summer 1996 he performed with the LSO at The Barbican in London. Also...amazing stuff.

I think it was.

Back in 2005, the LSO wanted him to conduct after the "Revenge of the Sith" sessions, but that didn't went through.

I went to that concert and it was great but I remember being disappointed because JW wasn't conducting.

I think it was.

Back in 2005, the LSO wanted him to conduct after the "Revenge of the Sith" sessions, but that didn't went through.

I went to that concert and it was great but I remember being disappointed because JW wasn't conducting.

I attended that one too. Williams was scheduled to conduct at first, but was eventually replaced by Dirk Brossé. I remember clearly that the reason for his decline being cited as the War of the worlds project for Speilberg.