Which upcoming 2012 movie are you looking forward to the most?

Josh500

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which upcoming 2012 movie are you looking forward to the most?

• Lincoln
    • Skyfall
    • The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
    • Other (which?)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man Of Steel

:nono: That's a 2013 movie.

Oh, right! In that case, The Master (Paul Thomas Anderson), Amour (Michael Haneke), Killing Them Softly (Andrew Dominik).

What a promising year!

Alex

I choose Lincoln, not out of Spielberg/Williams fanboyism, but because nothing about The Hobbit except maybe Ian McKellan excites me. I loved LotR, and I just can't get worked up about this film. I don't really like James Bond either, so it was an easy choice.

Lincoln and Skyfall,

the hobbit will get seen but I must say stretching the book into three films is pointless.

I'm afraid doing the films the way the book is told would be just as pointless if not more.

I wouldn't know I have never read it.

As a diehard 007 fan I voted for Skyfall, after all it's Bond 50th anniversary this year! :) But of course I'm also very much looking forward to The Hobbit, I'm especially interested in hearing what Shore had to say this time around. :)

The Hobbit for me as well!

I'm definitely seeing all 3 in the theater so there's no real reason to rank them, but I'm the most excited about The Hobbit.

Django Unchained is the only other 2012 film I'll for certain see in theaters, but I will likely also see The Master, Looper, Cloud Atlas, maybe This Is 40

The Hobbit for me as well!

I'm definitely seeing all 3 in the theater so there's no real reason to rank them, but I'm the most excited about The Hobbit.

Django Unchained is the only other 2012 film I'll for certain see in theaters, but I will likely also see The Master, Looper, Cloud Atlas, maybe This Is 40

In the theater I will see The Hobbit, Skyfall, Django Unchained, Looper and Lincoln. Although I'm likely to skip some of these, knowing myself.

Lincoln will be spectacular on the big screen. Part of the film takes place at the Battle at the Appomattox Court House where 28000 Confederate troops surrendered their weapons.

Brian DePalma's Passion.

I know it will probably be terrible, but I just love my DePalma cheese. And lots of lesbo tension, with his usual Hitchcock borrowings... I say bring it on! :D

Oh yea, I forgot about Passion! Might see it in the theater, will definitely see it at home.

Killing Them Softly

You know I want to be interested in that movie but despite the great cast all the trailers have really left me cold. Here's the most recent one I saw

Keep in mind that the novel Les Miserables is a much different animal than the musical. The musical took several liberties with Victor Hugo's plot, but it's over 25 years old at this point, so all is forgiven. This movie will be a live-action adaptation of the musical, not of the book itself. If you want a screen adaptation of the book, they did that in 1998 with Liam Neeson and Geoffrey Rush; I missed it. People who want to see this film are doing so because they love the musical and its score/songs/cast -- who doesn't want to see Wolverine and General Maximus onscreen singing at each other??? -- not because they hold the book dear above all (my sister has the novel, so it's on my list).

I am excited to see Samantha Barks reprise her role as Eponine from the 25th Anniversary concert in the film. And the casting of the Thenardiers is money, since they get all the good comic relief songs.

Les Mis is the second most 2012 winter movie I'm excited to see, between The Hobbit at #1 and...whatever else pushes Lincoln out of the way.

Brian DePalma's Passion.

I know it will probably be terrible, but I just love my DePalma cheese. And lots of lesbo tension, with his usual Hitchcock borrowings... I say bring it on! :D

It's the kind of De Palma film that usualy even when the plot is terrible is still worth it for impressive direction, cinematography and spotting. I trust him on that.

Other.

A Late Quartet. Mr. Walken playing the Cello :blink:

http://trailers.appl...t/alatequartet/

Wow didn't know about this film! Another Beethoven inspired film, great :) The other good ones of lately are Copying Beethoven, The King's Speech and The Soloist. I think Beethoven's music works very nicely in movies. I hope it will be watchable for real musicians, though (I tend to be distracted by the 'fake' playing),

I didn't even know this was a musical until I played that video. My only relation with Les Miserables so far is liking a lot Poledouris' score for the other film.

I never watched the musical but I've heard its quite different from the (which I've read and enjoyed). I'm really excited for this film though.

But The Hobbit is easily my most anticipated film of the year. Despite all the things we have to pick on, this film is bringing back the same rush and sensation that I had when I first watched LotR. Its a feeling I haven't had with the cinema in quite a while.

But there are still a lot of other movies I'm looking forward to this year. Skyfall, The Master, Django Unchained, Killing Them Softly, Anna Karenina, Cloud Atlas, etc.

Killing Them Softly

You know I want to be interested in that movie but despite the great cast all the trailers have really left me cold. Here's the most recent one I saw

[media=]

If you've seen Dominik's previous film you'll have no doubts. I can understand being underwhelmed by the trailer, I was too. But knowing what this director is capable of, and with the cast, the potential this has is phenomenal. The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford is in my Top 10 films of all-time.

If only Deakins and Cave/Ellis were on this one. Those are my only reservations.

Looper, the latest Philip K. Dick riff, sounds like it might be the best one since Minority Report, and perhaps surpasses it

Curious to see what Zemeckis has up his sleeve with Flight

Cautiously hopeful for Les Mis.

If you've seen Dominik's previous film you'll have no doubts. I can understand being underwhelmed by the trailer, I was too. But knowing what this director is capable of, and with the cast, the potential this has is phenomenal. The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford is in my Top 10 films of all-time.

It's certainly one of the best movies I've seen in the last ten years. Yesterday, The Guardian awarded 5 stars to Killing Them Softly.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/sep/20/killing-them-softly-review?newsfeed=true

If only Deakins and Cave/Ellis were on this one. Those are my only reservations.

It's mildly diverting as parable on the american presidental campaign and the state the country is in (Obama billboard galore!), with the not-so-surprising conclusion that business american style indeed kills people softly. Freed from such heavy artillery, it's just another gangster story and there are not too many bright ideas around. So don't get your hopes too high for another Top Ten stormer.