The Score, The Prick & The 'Ultimate' Finale (Please rea

Ok. I just finished this 'Finale and End Credits' edit. I always loved the original compilation endings Williams composed for the classic trilogy and wanted to recreate that with the Attack of the Clones score: "The way it was meant to be heard."

And would *really* like to know what I'm doing wrong and right.

So please don't be gentle or I'll never learn. My main problem is that when it comes to music technically, I'm an absolute moron.

But if you like bits then I would really like to know that as well, at least then I know I did something right.

I hope many people will take a listen to this pretty massive 'ultimate' end credits edit. It's close to 18 MB and about 13 to 14 minutes long.

If you don't like it or you would rather have heard things in there that are not present, please tell me so, perhaps I'll get back to it. Also, I have some other versions laying about. So if you'd like the complete Finale before the actual End Credits as heard on the AOTC soundtrack then say so.

Okay, if you're interested, leave your E-mail in this thread and I'll send you the link where to get it. If there are many 'volunteers' then it could take a day or two befoire I get back to you. And if there are people able to post it online somewhere, then I'll send it to you too of course.

Just in case: Please don't give other people other then this MB the address, I wouldn't want to create a traffic jam on the server. Of course, you are free to distribute this to others just as long this doesn't involve me or 'my' server. :)

Hope you'll enjoy it!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put me up for a link! I really like fan edits for some reason!

-ROSS, interested in this 13-minute "suite"

Hi The Prick.

Can you detail your creation by telling which tracks you mixed and their respective duration in the finale edit...

Thanks.

Just in case: Please don't give other people other then this MB the address, I wouldn't want to create a traffic jam on the server. Of course, you are free to distribute this to others just as long this doesn't involve me or 'my' server. :)

Hi The Prick.

Can you detail your creation by telling which tracks you mixed and their respective duration in the finale edit...

Thanks.

Woh, that could be somewhat difficult. I didn't actually pay attention to where and what I used and how long the tidbits are. I simply listened the score over, cut out what I liked and what I thought would work and then editted it together.

But perhaps I'll try to give you a more detailed blueprint of the entire 'Ultimate' Finale later on.

You're welcome....all of you btw.

Pelzter again. Sorry for the inconvenience, but could you give me the link once more? I deleted your message (stupid, i know) upon gaining access to the file, but it didn't work, once I had downloaded it. This may be a stupid question, but does it requite you to convert it to .zip first?

dj_renegade@hotmail.com

Thanks, Pelzter

Pelzter again. Sorry for the inconvenience, but could you give me the link once more? I deleted your message (stupid, i know) upon gaining access to the file, but it didn't work, once I had downloaded it. This may be a stupid question, but does it requite you to convert it to .zip first?

dj_renegade@hotmail.com

Thanks, Pelzter

What you need to do is this: Do not simply click on it but rightclick it and then 'save target file' (or something to that extend).

Then, when it's done downloading, *rename* the downloaded file 'changetorar.pul' into 'changetorar.rar' and you can now open it with WinRAR or any other compression program that supports RAR (WinZip also works I think).

Now extract it to a folder and you can listen to the extracted MP3 file in the folder you specified.

:)

Thanks, I was actually thinking of that 'changetorar'-thing, but somehow it seemed like a stretch, since I had never heard of a format called .rar.

Thanks again, Pelzter.

PS: I can't wait to hear what you've done with the piece.

Please send it to me too :)

e-wan@cswu.cz

I can send you link to my 'concert' versions of "The Force Theme" and "The Emperor's Theme" ;)

E-Wan

Please send it to me too :)

e-wan@cswu.cz

I can send you link to my 'concert' versions of "The Force Theme" and "The Emperor's Theme" 8O

E-Wan

Check you're mail....you see, I want those versions. ;)

Hey, Prick (this sounds weird),

Thanks very much for the link. It doesn't seem to be working right now, but I'll try again later :) . What format is it anyways? .pul? What kind of programs does it use?

And one last thing, why don't just post the link here? Well, I suppose you want to keep track of the people who listen to it or something,

-ROSS, still not thinking clearly due to what those girls were smoking in the party

Hey, Prick (this sounds weird),

Thanks very much for the link. It doesn't seem to be working right now, but I'll try again later  ;) . What format is it anyways? .pul? What kind of programs does it use?

And one last thing, why don't just post the link here? Well, I suppose you want to keep track of the people who listen to it or something,

-ROSS, still not thinking clearly due to what those girls were smoking in the party

He he, I know it sounds weird, I think it's funny though. 8O

Hmm, many people do not seem to get this....the .pul format is a non-existing format, I simply made it up. The only thing you need to do is rightclick your mouse over the link and click on 'save target to' from the meny that popped up. Then download the .pul file and when it arrived on your hard disk, rightclick on the file again and this time click on 'rename' to rename the .pul extension into .rar file (meaning the file and its extension is now called 'changetorar.rar' in stead of 'changetorar.pul') and you can simply open it with winzip or winrar.

If at some point people still are not able to get to the file, then I will make sure everything works by renaming it to .rar myself and you could try again. But for now I'l wait and see if this explanation has helped people.

I cannot post the link here cause I think that is not allowed. If I'm wrong then tell me and I'll post the link directly in this thread.

Hope you'll enjoy it as little as I've creating it.

:Overuses joke:

I do *NOT* want this edit.

My e-mail address is *NOT*

evaned at netzero dot net

So please do *NOT* send the link where I can get this from to

Just a repeat, I definitely do *NOT* want anyone to email me at

(Again, sorry for the lack of a cut-and-pasteable address; this affords some address collecting spambot protection.)

id like to take a listen too.

s1138@hotmail.com

I can send you link to my 'concert' versions of "The Force Theme" and "The Emperor's Theme"

dont suppose i could get those also?

Hey!

I would also like to hear that fan edit. Could you give me the link, please?

Then provide your e-mail, else it's a bit hard to send you the link. :)

i am very unfamiliar with all these computer programs. i know only the basics. if you could give me a few more examples of a compression program it would be much appreciated. thanks

i am very unfamiliar with all these computer programs. i know only the basics. if you could give me a few more examples of a compression program it would be much appreciated. thanks

Well, for the time being, you can use a trial program which lasts for a few days and with which you can extract the file, go to http://www.rarlab.com/

and download WinRar.

Then do the things I already explained (like renaming file), then open up WinRar and click on the file, and press 'extract' somewhere mentioned on the tab at the top of the WinRar program.

Hope this helps for now.

Wow. There are already so many people jumping for this! I would, too, being the Williams fanatic that I am, LOVE to hear this!

Please send the link to me!

johnnyecks@johnnyecks.com

Thanks!

I can send you link to my 'concert' versions of "The Force Theme" and "The Emperor's Theme"

dont suppose i could get those also?

Yes, you can :mrgreen:

E-Wan

Thanks people for taking an interest...however, there has been exactly 1 person that replied whether he liked it or not...and that was a pretty short reply too.

I really want to know if I'm good or very...very bad, and especially why. do you think I'm on the right track? What should I improve? Is the tempo wrong? The sound wrong? Too fast, too slow? Not enough themes, too many themes? Chaotic? And why and where. Give me something to work on here. ;)

(You don't need to answer all those questions, just one or two will do :) )

Just one more thing, some people think this is a suite...well, it sort of is, but my intention was to replace the End Credits of AOTC with one that sounds like an End Credit from the classic trilogy. Beginning with a climatic finale (and not with an entire sequence like we have in this score) and then ending with a compilation of themes used in the movie that reflect it as well as possible. And then of course ending the score with the famous bang that we know of as the main theme. I thought I just cleared that up.

Also, some people seem to have problems downloading the file or opening it. Are there still problems? I could replace the file for a normal MP3 downloadable file (including a slightly tuned up version of the edit; I tried to smoothen two transitions between one edit and the next) if people would prefer that.

Also, would you people like me to try to create a TPM 'Ultimate' Finale as well or shouldn't I bother posting it?

It could take a while before that one gets finished since I have more music to pick from.

Thanks for the ears.

Thanks people for taking an interest...however, there has been exactly 1 person that replied whether he liked it or not...and that was a pretty short reply too.

I really want to know if I'm good or very...very bad, and especially why. do you think I'm on the right track? What should I improve? Is the tempo wrong? The sound wrong? Too fast, too slow? Not enough themes, too many themes? Chaotic? And why and where. Give me something to work on here. ;)

(You don't need to answer all those questions, just one or two will do :) )

Just one more thing, some people think this is a suite...well, it sort of is, but my intention was to replace the End Credits of AOTC with one that sounds like an End Credit from the classic trilogy. Beginning with a climatic finale (and not with an entire sequence like we have in this score) and then ending with a compilation of themes used in the movie that reflect it as well as possible. And then of course ending the score with the famous bang that we know of as the main theme. I thought I just cleared that up.

Also, some people seem to have problems downloading the file or opening it. Are there still problems? I could replace the file for a normal MP3 downloadable file (including a slightly tuned up version of the edit; I tried to smoothen two transitions between one edit and the next) if people would prefer that.

Also, would you people like me to try to create a TPM 'Ultimate' Finale as well or shouldn't I bother posting it?

It could take a while before that one gets finished since I have more music to pick from.

Thanks for the ears.

Please send it to me too ;)

e-wan@cswu.cz

I can send you link to my 'concert' versions of "The Force Theme" and "The Emperor's Theme" ;)

E-Wan

E-Wan thank you very much for those versions...love it. It's always good to hear those themes in a different light again.

Ok listen up people, the file is going to be updated to a normal MP3, hopefully, that will end al troubles people are having.

When it's online (and slightly improved edit hopefully) , I will tell you immediately.

ok..

i liked that you had more than just ATS in the finale. i also liked the familiary ending from the OT. glad you kept the imperial march/across the stars part.