Perseverance Records re-issuing The Witches Of Eastwick OST (La-La Land Records can make expanded version once it sells out)

Jay

It was never an official release, therefore, in my eyes, it's a boot. It still sounds good, though, but not as good as the DVD iso.

I like the numbering on the back: -/666.

Like it, or not, the boot is likely to be the most complete score for TWOE, that we'll ever have.

1 hour ago, Arpy said:

Perseverance Records won't go down without a fight, and they're taking Witches of Eastwick with them! 

Capture.JPG

Apparently, even if the company goes under before selling all 3000 units, the counter restarts to 0 and all 3000 need to be sold again from scratch. 

I have the Collectors Choice edition - anyone know what the actual 'errors plaguing this edition' are reputed to be?

9 minutes ago, Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya said:

Who gives a fuckin' shit how long a scene is?!

If you meant 'score' instead of 'scene', then I agree. No score is too long for me, as I can decide and tailor the listening experience. 

I propose to create a sub forum, just for those who have the Perseverance reissue.

Like this, we'll be able to talk between us, you know between "real " fans... not those amateurs...

It's time to separate the good from the bad I think!

:sarcasm:

Just now, Jurassic Shark said:

I believe the "amateurs" would be those who haven't been able to get the original release, and who have to do with the Perverterance rerelease...

:P

Well, that is low.

I just meant there was never a recording sessions leak, so there is no passing around of anything from this score you can't get officially (via the OST, the DVD iso score, or re-recordings made by others).  Of course I know some fan took the DVD iso score and edited an album out of it, someone made fancy covers for it and it got sold by Screen Archives, etc.  But it's still a fan edit, no different than what any other fan could make from the iso score too.

The 80s must be cursed. The labels are diligently completing the 90s and the 70s already are - almost. But the 80s have Star Wars, Indiana Jones, The Witches of Eastwick, Monsignor, SpaceCamp... a bunch of scores that are having a hard time being completely released by a special label.

We just got a massive 80s WIlliams score, E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial, last year!

And The Empire of the Sun a few years back now too

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

We just got a massive 80s WIlliams score, E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial, last year!

Not to mention the masterfully remastered Star Wars albums...

1 minute ago, Stefancos said:

The DCC Raiders is still a great album.

It's the best.

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Yeah, and that's it. Now count the C&Cs from the 70s and 90s.

All we need is LOVE, I thought it was understood by everyone.  Well, it seems not...

32 minutes ago, Jay said:

I think all of WIlliams 80s scores will get complete releases eventually

Yeah, what about an expanded score of Giorgo, with alt takes sung by Pavarotti.

With E.T. last year, the only other JW 80's score I badly want in a MM-style complete release is Temple of Doom. The others I don't mind waiting.

2 hours ago, crumbs said:

And Matessino needs to fix all the sloppy, lazy issues with that expansion. No sweetener in the Indy's First Adventure being an obvious example.

Can you elbaorate on those missing sweeteners from that Indy cue?I always thought that something was a mis there...

7 minutes ago, Richard said:

It's my "go to" RAIDERS record. Fuck the Concord.

I must admit I found very strange the thing they did to the "Raider's March" on this release.

1 hour ago, Bespin said:

I must admit I found very strange the thing they did to the "Raider's March" on this release.

That edit shits me! So pointless and unnecessary!

Worse, for whatever dumb reason on my CD, when I try to rip the final track of the Concord, it fucks up and glitches.

So I can't even create an edit of the proper Raiders March using the end credits track.

Jesus Concord royally fucked up those releases. Clueless idiots.

4 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Worse, for whatever dumb reason on my CD, when I try to rip the final track of the Concord, it fucks up and glitches.

So I can't even create an edit of the proper Raiders March using the end credits track.

Jesus Concord royally fucked up those releases. Clueless idiots.

Have you tried EAC?

Admit, you did it at least once when you were young.

Exact Audio Copy.

You don't encode CDs using EAC and his error correction tool?

😲