Perseverance Records re-issuing The Witches Of Eastwick OST (La-La Land Records can make expanded version once it sells out)

Jay

18 minutes ago, Holko said:

The problem with your example is that CE3K DOES include every cue separately across the two discs so you can still do a C&C.

That's why I brought up the main program.

18 minutes ago, Holko said:

Their Indy releases are horrible, though. The box would have been OK for the 90s as a sort of companion to the SW Anthology, maybe.

It's got some glaring problems, but horrible? The things I would want to see fixed from the 2008 release:

-Get rid of Bad Dates! Put that on a bonus disc if you really want to include it!

-Pitch issues, especially with the previously unreleased music from Temple of Doom (I seem to recall "Short Round Helps" being the biggest offender)

-The selection of cues is great, but they put some highlights on the fourth disc instead of the main program! (Particularly in the case of The Last Crusade)

-Increased sound quality for The Last Crusade would be great if possible

-Certain versions/takes of the cues being released, like the film version of the Temple of Doom End Credits

Other than those, though, I'm happy with the release, and I'm grateful we got it!

I say if you're gonna halfass it like they did, you might as well not do it. It's a 5-CD collectors' set, live up to that! Maybe if they didn't mess up the pitches, and mastered everything properly, and included all the missing and unedited cues and on one of the discs instead of replicating the separately available Skull OST with no changes that nobody wanted, I could say it's OK. Even then I'd never listen to discs of randomly assorted material from across 3 movies so I never would have bought it.

All this release did is delayed the proper versions they should have done in the first place instead of this mess.

55 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Well duh, everyone has that bootleg. I keep it in the same folder as the bootleg of his unused Ready Player One demos.

Duh, everybody has the RPO demos. I store them together with his rejected score for Bridge of Spies.

On 10/10/2012 at 2:59 AM, Jay said:

I agree, their license will expire before they ever sell 3000 copies, even if its only $13

So, when Perseverance just has a license for a couple of years (which they mentioned somewhere), it could already or soon be in the hands of La-La Land?

3 hours ago, Nick Parker said:

Soundtrack fans: "Wow, how interesting! That's such a novel approach, I'm very excited to hear how it will turn out! Thank you Mike Mattesino! Please have my babies!"

Except @filmmusic

2 hours ago, Nick Parker said:

That's why I brought up the main program.

It's got some glaring problems, but horrible? The things I would want to see fixed from the 2008 release:

-Get rid of Bad Dates! Put that on a bonus disc if you really want to include it!

-Pitch issues, especially with the previously unreleased music from Temple of Doom (I seem to recall "Short Round Helps" being the biggest offender)

-The selection of cues is great, but they put some highlights on the fourth disc instead of the main program! (Particularly in the case of The Last Crusade)

-Increased sound quality for The Last Crusade would be great if possible

-Certain versions/takes of the cues being released, like the film version of the Temple of Doom End Credits

Other than those, though, I'm happy with the release, and I'm grateful we got it!

Full Desert Chase please! (Yes, I know it is on the DCC)

3 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

So, when Perseverance just has a license for a couple of years (which they mentioned somewhere), it could already or soon be in the hands of La-La Land?

Wow, you're quoting a post I made 6 years ago!  I'm not entirely sure if your question is related to that 6 year old post or not.  But I hope you see, I was just speculating that they would never sell 3,000 copies in that post from 6 years ago, and it turns out I was right!  I have absolutely zero inside information on what Perseverance' contract with WB Records stipulates.  It could be the exclusive rights to sell their OST album on CD, or it could be non-exclusive rights.  You could email Robin and he might tell you.

8 hours ago, Falafel said:

Full Desert Chase please! (Yes, I know it is on the DCC)

I get why Williams made the cut(s), and they're pretty natural sounding (nothing in the world of stuff like Anakin's Dark Deeds, Williams' most puzzling edit ever), but I grant that they are a little strange.

39 minutes ago, Horner's Dynamic Range said:

Bad Dates sounded to me like an awkward edit in the movie when they cut to the dig. I had no idea that was how it was actually recorded. It's not a necessary cue.

It's the score narrative as Williams intended! Get rid of it, and Williams' methodical, deliberate approach to musical storytelling and development is ruined, butchered!

11 hours ago, Jay said:

Ok, I don't understand what you're asking then.

I was asking for any information about the duration of their licence, because their "deal with Warner is for a few years".

I don't think anyone on this forum would know the duration of their license.  You could try asking Robin directly.

10 hours ago, Horner's Dynamic Range said:

Bad Dates sounded to me like an awkward edit in the movie when they cut to the dig. I had no idea that was how it was actually recorded. It's not a necessary cue.

21 hours ago, Nick Parker said:

A bad date is a bad date. I've had plenty of bad dates already.

3 minutes ago, phbart said:

A bad date is a bad date. I've had plenty of bad dates already.

It remembers me that guy I met and he only spoke about how he's love to fi** me and how I would love that.  That's a NO-NO. Bad date you say?  

1 minute ago, phbart said:

Fi***ing is a very enlarging experience, I'd say. Not many people are willing to experience such an enlarging experience.

Well you talked about bad dates. This is the memory that it brings to me!

On 8/20/2018 at 2:19 PM, crumbs said:

Maybe it was a perpetuity license until their allocation of stock has been exhausted? In which case, we're all fucked.

But Perseverance stated that their deal with WB is just for a few years. The only question is, how many years?

Robin said somewhere that after a long 13 months period of numbness, he will come back big time with the announcement of an exclusive and perpetual deal with Lucasfilm, with Temple of Doom and Last Crusade OSTs reissue as being Perseverance's initial project. Kathleen Kennedy already gave her blessing to the project by calling it "a true endeavour that only Perseverance is capable of handling it properly to please even the most demanding fans". I'll post the link later...

On 8/20/2018 at 6:26 AM, Bespin said:

It remembers me that guy I met and he only spoke about how he's love to fi** me and how I would love that.  That's a NO-NO. Bad date you say?  

On 8/20/2018 at 6:52 AM, phbart said:

Fi**ing is a very enlarging experience, I'd say. Not many people are willing to experience such an enlarging experience.

They're digging in the wrong place.

Fisting.

That's a NO-NO.

That was a bad date, we obvisously did not get further than the coffee in a public place.

And I even don't remember to have finished my coffee...

:nono:

PS: I don't judge people that like that... this is just not my thing.

On 8/20/2018 at 6:03 AM, Nick Parker said:

I get why Williams made the cut(s), and they're pretty natural sounding (nothing in the world of stuff like Anakin's Dark Deeds, Williams' most puzzling edit ever), but I grant that they are a little strange.

Really, the edits in dessert chase are very jarring to me. Normally Williams microedits, if you haven't heard the full cue in the film.could pass unnoticeable on cd. But that raiders cue is offensive to my ears.

3 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Really, the edits in dessert chase are very jarring to me. Normally Williams microedits, if you haven't heard the full cue in the film.could pass unnoticeable on cd. But that raiders cue is offensive to my ears.

Interesting. I didn't hear the full version until after the Concord release, so I was surprised to know there was anything missing. I'm thinking particularly of the beginning.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2018 at 12:57 AM, Luke Skywalker said:

Really, the edits in dessert chase are very jarring to me.

Being something of a sweet tooth, I also hate it when people edit my desserts.

19 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

But wasn't that said to be the last pressing (last batch of 1000 copies)?

It was said that there would be one more after the current pressing sold out I believe.

45 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

But wasn't that said to be the last pressing (last batch of 1000 copies)?

No, you must have misread it. This was only the first batch of 1000 pressings.