Perseverance Records re-issuing The Witches Of Eastwick OST (La-La Land Records can make expanded version once it sells out)

Jay

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Perseverance Records just reissued their CD.

On 8/15/2018 at 9:45 PM, Faleel J.M. said:

Robin on the FSM board:

Two of Our Best Selling WEA Titles are Back in Stock
Don't worry, we still stand by our promise that these titles will see a pressing of only 3000 units. So far we are at 2000 (once this new batch sells out).
First off is John Williams' Aademy Award nominated score to "The Witches of Eastwick". Secondly, the highly successful soundtrack to the scariest movie of all time, William Friedkin's "The Exorcist".
Dig in. And, while you're at it, browse through or used/ open/ one-of-a-kind/ promo catalog listings.

• 1 year later...

Not sure if this is the thread to post this:

There is a question of track length with The Destruction of Daryl. I have seen websites list it as 5:29 and also as 3:39. If this has been discussed prior, I apologize. As I do not have a physical copy (was actually researching to purchase) I was wondering if anyone here could elucidate.

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, blondheim said:

Tere is a question of track length with The Destruction of Daryl. I have seen websites list it as 5:29 and also as 3:39. If this has been discussed prior, I apologize. As I do not have a physical copy (was actually researching to purchase) I was wondering if anyone here could elucidate.

The CD of the complete THE WITCHES OF EASTWICK is a boot, and it contains both the film version, and the album version of THE DESTRUCTION OF DARRYL.

1 hour ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

The CD of the complete THE WITCHES OF EASTWICK is a boot, and it contains both the film version, and the album version of THE DESTRUCTION OF DARRYL.

I don't do bootlegs unless the circumstance is extreme. Obviously, there was a time when any thinking individual needed one for Hook, but short of that much devotion to something, I would rather just hear what we have on a mastered CD.

Thanks for the tip though. I may check it out on Youtube, if they are available, to compare.

11 hours ago, phbart said:

I tried to add the max 30 units allowed in the shopping cart, and it gave me an error message. The max I could add was 26 units. I hope it's all they actually have out of the 3000 units.

We can hope! Didn't Mike assemble the isolated score for the Bluray release? Probably means he's already done most of the groundwork for an expansion.

EDIT: Just occurred to me this is a WB score, and those are now off-limits. FUCK!

af8dc624f77ea77e57cc0f8bf0a64473bb2d285a

On 8/16/2018 at 11:45 AM, The River (Fal) said:

Don't worry, we still stand by our promise that these titles will see a pressing of only 3000 units. So far we are at 2000 (once this new batch sells out).

So based on this post, and only if there's 26 copies left in their pressing from two years ago, they still have another 1000 copies left to sell. It's taken them 8 YEARS just to reach 2000 units.

I seriously doubt we'll see an expansion in the next 5 years, if at all. Given the current climate, I'd be surprised if they even commissioned another printing in the next 12 months, and that'll take 5+ years to sell out. Then LLL need time to actually licence and assemble an expansion.

Perseverance/WB really did screw us over by reneging on their gentleman's agreement with LLL.

10 hours ago, crumbs said:

We can hope! Didn't Mike assemble the isolated score for the Bluray release? Probably means he's already done most of the groundwork for an expansion.

The isolated score on the Witches BD originated from the Witches DVD from the 90s, done by employees of Warner Brothers

Mike does isolated scores for Twilight Time, a niche specialty BD label (He's also done some for FOX like the Alien boxset)

8 hours ago, crumbs said:

Perseverance/WB really did screw us over by reneging on their gentleman's agreement with LLL.

This is so annoying, especially because we are aware of how close we were back in 2012. The complete score could be in my shelf for at least 7 years now.

• 1 year later...
On 8/22/2018 at 4:02 AM, Brundlefly said:

I did.

Well, what did Robin say? He's had 3 years to reply. 

And some exciting stock news. Only 26 copies left in their current batch!

Now let us all pray to the music gods their licence has expired and they won't be allowed to print another batch... 

Screenshot_20210904-035737_Chrome.jpg

I don't think that's a trick you can do to learn how many they have in stock, I think their website just doesn't allow anyone to order more than 26 of anything.  See this post from over a year ago

On 8/11/2020 at 1:19 PM, phbart said:

I tried to add the max 30 units allowed in the shopping cart, and it gave me an error message. The max I could add was 26 units. I hope it's all they actually have out of the 3000 units.

28 minutes ago, Jay said:

I don't think that's a trick you can do to learn how many they have in stock, I think their website just doesn't allow anyone to order more than 26 of anything.  See this post from over a year ago

Either that or no one bought a single copy this year :D :D 

17 minutes ago, Jay said:

Or just pick any other CD they sell and try to add more than 26 of that one...

Brillant idea! I can add 30 copies of Silent Hill in my cart but only 26 of Witches of Eastwick:

image.png

So that's good news then?