Disney buys Lucasfilm and all subsidiaries for $4.05billion, will release Star Wars Episode VII in 2015

Matt C

I would love to see Williams scoring these episodes and concluding the saga.

Since SW is supposed to continue for years and years apparently (according to some statement by Disney), I doubt Williams will have a chance to conclude the saga.

Williams did conclude the saga as far as I'm concerned.

Atrocious movies or not, Star Wars is George Lucas. And whatever devilish plans Disney has with it, I'm not interested in them turning it into a cash machine that shits money even if the plot isn't worth two cent.

Funny nobody made these kind of jokes back in 1977 when they heard 'old dudes' like Alec Guiness or Peter Cushing would be playing in Star Wars. I see Luke, Leia and Han take a similar, supporting part in Episode VII while a younger cast will play the actual leads.

I think Hamill would be great in a mentor-Obi-Wan kind of role.

I'm not really interested in old Solo and Leia. I would be cool with an old Luke. Maybe they could make an adventure about somebody young like he once was who stumbles upon him and adventure happens. I would like a film that goes back to the space fairytale that was Star Wars.

Hilarious, Roald! Although you have chosen a far too flattering pic of Hamill ;)

I do have faith however and I REALLY hope his part will form the perfect bridge to the previous trilogy.

I'd like to see Howard Shore scoring the next three episodes.

No, because in Star Wars the action music needs more than four notes.

Good ol' Johnny can still fling a hail of notes at you if need be in an action scene.

I'd like to see Howard Shore scoring the next three episodes.

No, because in Star Wars the action music needs more than four notes.

Good ol' Johnny can still fling a hail of notes at you if need be in an action scene.

That he most certainly can. Even if nowadays he'd dress them up in finely cut suit and a sharp tie; forgetting that at one time they wore cowboy boots and a leather jacket.

Or maybe they'll send the script to the wrong Anderson, and you'll get the Star Wars you wanted.

PTA is not the right kind of director for Star Wars. I would love to see a Zack Snyder directed installment though. ;)

Yes to PTA. No to Snyder.

PTA and Star Wars is very irrational. I call it Chaacing: Taking an opposite position without thinking.

I don't know if it woul be a very good idea. But I think if PTA were such a brilliant director, he could do it. I think range tells a lot about one's control of a medium.

I've only seen a PTA film and I liked it more than any Snyder I've seen. He also wrote it, which adds more to his chops. I'd like to think that someone that does happily what I saw won't ever allow himself to fall into anyone of the SW prequelitis syndromes. Although maybe the PTA choice to avoid that would be overkill.

PTA probably the most brilliant director working today but he and Star Wars just don't mix. Can he make it work? I see nothing in his style, voice or personality that suggests it.

Brad Bird has directed The Iron Giant (1999), The Incredibles (2004), Ratatouille (2007) (all of which he also wrote) and Mission: Impossible IV (2011). Before all that, he directed episodes from the golden years of The Simpsons, and wrote/directed the Family Dog episode of Amazing Stories.

However, he's too busy working on 1906 (his long-term pet project about the San Francisco earthquake), and 1952 (the new Lindelof-scripted movie for Disney), to have time for Star Wars 7. Maybe 8 or 9.

1906 is still happening? I remember that thing from like 5 years ago.

No, its in development hell. Right now he's making 1952 with Lindelof. After that, who knows if 1906 will be ready to film or if he'll be free for a Star Wars movie or something else