Disney buys Lucasfilm and all subsidiaries for $4.05billion, will release Star Wars Episode VII in 2015

Matt C

Reminder: Criticizing Star Wars for the acting is akin to criticizing the Green Bay Packers football team for having ugly uniforms.

the-steelers-isaac-redman-models_original.jpg

Unlike the last Super Bowl both teams were in, here's something Pittsburgh can say they beat them at.

But anyone who watches football for the uniforms needs to get their ass back in the kitchen.

I can't even imagine how a Wes Anderson Star Wars film would look like. Or how John Williams would tackle an Anderson score..

But he's not gonna do it with The Grand Budapest Hotel coming out in 2014. I'm looking forward to see Ralph Fiennes, Saoirse Ronan and Jude Law join his regulars, though!

Actually I'd think there would be more directors who don't give a shit about directing a new Star Wars film compared to those who wet their pants with excitement about doing one.

I'm sure the films marked Episodes 7, 8, and 9 will come out every 3 years like before, with the other movies coming out around them focusing on individual characters.

Kinda like The Avengers has a sequel coming out in 3 years but there will be Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America movies in between

Will there be completely new movies unrelated to any existing Lucasfilm owned characters released under the Lucasfilm banner?

I've been saying it for years. In the late 80s/early 90s Lucas said there wouldn't be any more Star Wars movies and he would be producing smaller films. It was also apparently his life's dream to make Red Tails. Red Tails eventually happened...after Star Wars was reissued, new trilogy, Indiana Jones IV, TV shows, merchandising, etc. Whatever happened to all those smaller independent flicks he was going to produce, I don't know.

I can't wait for the new Willow franchise! Warwick Davis FTW!

250px-Shadow_Moon.jpg250px-Shadow_Dawn.jpg250px-Shadow_Star.jpg

I would love this to be made films. I think GL scrapped the idea because Willow underperformed at the box office. But seeing that WIllow is now a cult film, and the LOTR trend, i think that if they did them right (not like the narnia films) they could be popular films.

Here's hoping for a Zombies Ate My Neighbors movie. It could be really fun if done right.

the narnia films feel rushed LOTR derivatives. They pale in comparison with LOTR.

I would prefer the Willow sequels to be LOTR quality.

Heck, bring PJ for them :P. or guillermo del toro hehe.

Never heard of them. Are they any good..?

Well, i think the language is very complex, it took me time to accustom to it. It's not the same as in the SW novels. I read them arround 2000 so i had only been 4-5 years reading in english, im sure if i read them today i would undenstand them better (i read LOTR without much problem aside from ol' english like language)

I liked the Story.

It's difficult to resume because i dont want to spoil it.

Madmartigan and shorsa do not appear because a meteorite struck Tyr Asleen. Elora danan was miraculously transported to another kigdom's castle.

This would be perfect because both actors would be too old to reprise their roles now... i think lucas made it on purpose just in case.

Since willow is aged now, davis can play him. Same for elora.

The only problem are the browny pair, who appear in these. But i think they could be re-cast. After all i think they were not known actors and they voices are pitch altered...

Carrie fisher confirms she is in SW VII:

http://www.theforce....logy_148915.asp

But i think she was sarcastic...

yes she was joking, the page has been updated.

Thanks for the info, Luke..! Interesting.

i really didnt say many details about it.....

here you can read the 'back cover blurb'. I would consider the ones from book two and three spoilerish...but when you buy a book one usual reads that...

scroll down to the end of the page.

The first one was a vanilla Disney fantasy for toddlers.

For Prince Caspian... I'd be inclined to agree. Wardrobe didn't feel very Disney-lite, save for the end credit songs.

Dawn Treader on the other hand, looked and felt like a DTV sequel at times. I blame that cheap look on the digital cameras used, though.

I hate Spaceballs. I'm not a huge Mel Brooks fan, but that movie has not aged well. And it's not funny.

I prefer Robin Hood: Men in Tights and Young Frankenstein over that.