Disney buys Lucasfilm and all subsidiaries for $4.05billion, will release Star Wars Episode VII in 2015

Matt C

I need to collect myself. Alright. It's you and I. No way out. Get your shit together. Think Luke, Han and Chewie, snowspeeders vs. AT-ATs, the cantina, carbon freeze, docking bay 94, "you may fire fwen reday", that big orchestral flourish when the droids are in the escape pod...Okay? Okay. Let's go.

Even if Futurama were funny, it wouldn't make it ok.

Anyway, moving along.

~*~

Major spoilers in this article -- for a blockhead like me who hasn't watched any of Doctor Who Series 7, let alone any of Series 6 since The Doctor's Wife -- but David Tennant has announced an interest in the new Star Wars movies, beyond his role in The Clone Wars:

By now you’ve probably heard about the plans for an upcoming new Star Warsmovie. David Tennant was invited to appear in Star Wars: The Clone Wars, but what about a role in a feature length film?

When asked if he has any interest in making an appearance in the new Star Wars, Tennant replied, “It’d be great! Star Wars is such a key part of my childhood and my entire life, you know, these are the fairytales of our era.” (viaBBC Newsbeat)

http://www.bbcameric...-the-minisodes/

That'd be cool.

I'm a bit iffy on Kinberg on board to write a Star Wars film. His work on Jumper and X-Men: The Last Stand aren't exactly good scripts.

But it seems like Disney wants a director for all three sequels, with getting Michael Arndt on board a few weeks ago to write Episode VII and now getting Kasdan to write VIII and Kinberg IX. And it seems like they want one each consecutive year, with getting the writers on board.

And on a similar note, Fox has moved up the 3D re-release of Revenge of the Sith a week to October 4, 2013. Now it'll open two weeks after the 3D re-release of Attack of the Clones, which opens September 20, 2013.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/173735-star-wars-episode-iii-revenge-of-the-sith-3d-moves-one-week-earlier

A potentially smart and/or dumb move on Fox's part...

Despite the... overwhelming... demand... for Attack of the Clones 3D, I don't see it having much staying power beyond opening weekend.

A good move.

AOTC blows the big one, so I'm glad that's the case. ROTS might be worth seeing in 3D, if it's done well, but I have zero interest in AOTC.

Attack of the Clones in 3D? I'd rather die.

Oh that movie is a RIOT. It doesn't even need Rifftrax, Hayden's acting and stiff line readings from everyone else does me in.

The way he describes the composer and their styles makes it seem like he's a pretty casual fan as well. ex. "He uses a lot of bass and strings"

And calling Wall-E, Newman's most accomplished score also further proves the point