Gene Hackman on the Golden Globes

Lurker

One of the greatest actors of all time, Gene Hackman, just got the Cecil B. DeMille Award at the Golden Globes. They had a montage of clips from his films and it was all set to Williams' grand "March from Superman". Then when Mr. Hackman went to get his award, again, the March was played. It's great to see this wonderful actor be acknowledged and it's also great to hear this wonderful music being played.

Congratulations Mr. Hackman!

Neil

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw it.Great to see Williams played even if they snubbed him a nomination.the rest of the show was utterly boring,especially Richard Gere's acceptance speech :devil:

K.M.

I'm on the west coast so I just caught Gere's speach, talk about long winded,I mean honestly, shut the hell up!!!!! However I am so glad that so far Chicago got one award. I love that film, it is absolutely brilliant. And really, I can't believe that Williams didn't get nominated?!

Elliot Goldenthal won for Frida!!!!!!!!

Wow, what a surprise. I'm so happy for him.

Now I'm certain he will win that well deserved first Oscar :devil:

Too bad about Williams though...

I mean, 4 scores and not even a nomination?

Oskar - who's glad Die Another Day didn't win best song

Sorry, but Die Another Day, as mediocre a song as it is, was better than all the other ones put together!!! I was the first up and I said, nah, it shouldn't win, but by the end of the nominations I was like, shit it bbetter win!!! I mean please, what a load of ROT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for 2 of the 4 best films of the year, I'm so happy for Chicago and The Hours! Incredible wins for even more incredible performances.

Oh and another thing............

WHAT THE HELL WAS LARA FLYNN BOYLE WEARING????????????????

Elliot Goldenthal won for Frida!!!!!!!!

Wow, what a surprise. I'm so happy for him.  

Now I'm certain he will win that well deserved first Oscar :pukeface:  

Yeah, I remember when Maurice Jarre won the Golden Globe for "A Walk in the Clouds," and then Morricone for "The Legend of 1900." Neither showed up at the Oscars.

"Frida" will do the same, I believe.

Anyway, that was wonderful that they played "Superman" for Gene Hackman. Very well deserved. Plus, it was nice that John Williams music was heard more than any other other that evening. I timed it.

Goldenthal as well as many composers needs at least an award.

But don't be afraid!

Golden Globes winner usually is not the same one as the Academy Awards.

CharlieSherry who is sure of the scores that will get nominated and is going to post a topic about it.

Charlie is correct. Although the Golden Globes and the Academy Award usually mathc one another in most categories, this is not the case in the best score category. Quite often, the winner of the golden globe is not even nominated for the Oscar.

The last 3 GG winners were Frida, Moulin Rouge, Gladiator and 1900 and I none of them won an oscar (well, Frida still has a chance).

What I find hilarious about the GG was the now-awarding of Schindler's List.

Uo you mean in terms of the winner for best score? Because alot of times the Golden Globes set thbe stage for the Academy Awards.

Although, also many times not -- and not just in the Best Score category. One example I remember in particular was Jim Carrey's The Truman Show win for Best Actor at the Golden Globes. The AMPAS, on the other hand, failed to nominate him.

GLADIATOR DESERVED THAT OSCAR DAMMIT!!  

Hans Zimmer's score kicked ass.

I used to agree with that statement, until I heard WAgner's Gotterdamerung and realized how much Zimmer stole from that opera.