BloodBoal

On 8/1/2013 at 5:12 AM, king mark said:

Well RotJ has my favorite rendition of Leia's Theme of the trilogy , when ghost Ben tells Luke that Leia is his sister.

I remember it wasn't on the anthology in 1994 and I was mad.

Yea, that's a great rendition of Leia's Theme... I love the fanfare that follows it, for the transition to the rebel fleet.

On 8/1/2013 at 5:12 AM, king mark said:

I find the RotJ renditions of Han Solo and the Princess a bit tacked on and don't flow as well in the score as in TESB...there's 2 weird renditions on Endor (Land of the Ewoks tracks I think)

That's because it's not supposed to be there! (One of them, anyway). In the end of that track, after the music crescendos for our heroes getting caught in the net, the CD goes to an Insert written for "The Big Thaw" (aka "Han Solo Returns"), before continuing with the next actual Ewok cue.

Basically the makers of the 1997 set were tasked with including as much music as possible on the 2CD set, so they stuck a few inserts in random places, such as this one, the Emperor Arrives Insert being added into the beginning of "The Lightsaber", and the "Jabba More Sinister" insert being added into "Luke Confronts Jabba"

Wow I have not followed the Original Trilogy score discussion closely enough as I have missed that info entirely Jason. :o

I knew from the first time I heard the CD in 1997 that Han and Leia's Love Theme had no reason to be in the middle of the Ewok net scene. I didn't know what it came from though, until I learned it was the film version insert for The Big Thaw. I dunno if Lukas or Ford or someone mentioned it on rec.music.movies, or maybe it was in an issue of FSM somewhere, or maybe the FSM boards, I dunno. But I've always known about it... sadly it's not that easy to edit out.

Removing all 3 Inserts (4 if you count the two versions of Funeral Pyre For A Jedi) from the flow of the score and relocating them to bonus tracks helps the ROTJ album flow a bit better, IMHO. That Jabba cue that pre-cedes the Rancor music is already too long, and making it longer with an insert from another cue entirely doesn't help.

Gotta finish War Horse, Lincoln, John Carter, and ID4 first... oi!

Don't remind me. Some heavy writing to do on that department for me as well, especially the War Horse, Tintin, HP2, the Prequels, the list goes on. :lol:

I think you should start with HP2 :)

BloodBoal has been telling me that for the past 2 years. :lol:

After my Hobbit SE album analysis I promise I'll get to that. Or perhaps I should leave The AUJ to Mr. Adams. ;)

Only for a year or more than 2 years?

On the topic of this thread: the discussion here made me want to re-explore the Original Trilogy scores. It has been far too long.

Wasn't there a running countdown clock for your HP2 analysis?

It ran out. BB had a 6 month time limit. I didn't make it. He is a hard task master. :P

Oh yea, the avatar section on the left doesn't show the join date anymore, does it? I need to put that back in.

I had actually added it into the Delicate Theme a while back, but then a board software upgrade made it go away

I knew from the first time I heard the CD in 1997 that Han and Leia's Love Theme had no reason to be in the middle of the Ewok net scene. I didn't know what it came from though, until I learned it was the film version insert for The Big Thaw. I dunno if Lukas or Ford or someone mentioned it on rec.music.movies, or maybe it was in an issue of FSM somewhere, or maybe the FSM boards, I dunno. But I've always known about it... sadly it's not that easy to edit out.

Removing all 3 Inserts (4 if you count the two versions of Funeral Pyre For A Jedi) from the flow of the score and relocating them to bonus tracks helps the ROTJ album flow a bit better, IMHO. That Jabba cue that pre-cedes the Rancor music is already too long, and making it longer with an insert from another cue entirely doesn't help.

ah ok that explains it