Home Alone 2: Lost In New York - 20th Anniversary 2CD Edition by La-La Land Records (2012)

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Always loved the horn solo in Duncan's Toy Store, and of course the whole "To the plaza, presto" cue ! So here it is, all transcribed by ear ( as far as I know there isn't a lot of Home Alone 2 s

Home Alone 5: Lost in the Mail

• 2 weeks later...

So I received my copy today and it seems like it is defective, CD 2 will refuse to rip accurately, even when using EAC.

Is there anyone here who bought a copy from that last batch having the same problem? 

21 minutes ago, Chewy said:

So I received my copy today and it seems like it is defective, CD 2 will refuse to rip accurately, even when using EAC.

Is there anyone here who bought a copy from that last batch having the same problem? 

If you contact LLLR you'll quite likely get a replacement, even though it's out of print.

1 minute ago, Jurassic Shark said:

If you contact them, you'll quite likely get a replacement, even though it's out of print.

I purchased my copy from MusicBox Records, they'll let me know if I need to contact LLL directly.

• 3 months later...

I wish that the 25th anniversary of Home Alone had the same set-up as the 20th. I liked Somewhere and Bethlehem at the beginning, weirdly. And when they did the same for HA2 I was thrilled. I love continuity between series releases. The 25th is amazing, don't get me wrong. I am being admittedly very petty.

Upon listening to HA2, I've realized how similar his approach was to Chamber of Secrets. Coincidence? Chris Columbus.

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

Can't you just change the order of the tracks in your music player of choice?  How often do you play the physical disc these days?

I actually do prefer to spin the physical disc in my stereo. Really the only times I do not are rare instances where I have only been able to acquire something digitally, or it is only released digitally. I conceivably could upload it and do that, but I prefer not to. There is something nostalgic about taking it down off the shelf and laying it nicely in the tray.

I get mad over CD-Rs :lol:

3 minutes ago, Holko said:

Meh, 2's songs are much weaker overall.

And I like that the new HA1 doesn't have the two carols at the beginning because I hate the HA2 versions and got rid of them immediately :lol: - so there's continuity between the scores for me!

I would certainly buy a new HA2 that doesn't. It was the consistency that bothered me the most, honestly. All 3 releases are perfectly fine imo, sparing that one little peeve to my OCD ;)