John Williams at Symphony Hall, June 7-12, 2013 (Boston MA)

KingPin

This seems much easier to access for someone travelling to NY than remote Lenox. You could simply fly from NY to Boston.

I'm very tempted to take an US 'east coast' holiday next year (having done the west coast this year), but as always it's a matter of money.

Having been a donor for many years now, I get second pick after the rich people. So basically Im able to buy my tickets long before the public. Anyways, I was the first person to call this morning for pre-sale tickets and they were nearly ALL SOLD OUT. They told me there is a great possibilty there will be none left for the general public when the time comes. So on the day the tickets are for public sale, DONT HESITATE INCASE THERE ARE ANY LEFT OVER!!!! because im sure they will be gone almost instantly. Heres the link incase anyone needs it and tickets go on sale Dec.5 at 10 am US time. http://www.bso.org/

Cheers

Okay I just called the BSO and they said that they weren't almost sold out. However, the guy I spoke with did not seem like the most intelligent being in the world. If someone wants to maybe call and ask the same to find out for sure?

well, i know there are some shows that are totally sold out.....im not sure if its williams though. it might be the mad men concerts, but they said that most of the seats were taken for all of the williams shows. I posted this mainly because they might actually have seats left even though it might say sold out on the site, but its usually just random seats here or there,

OK, so I just rang the BSO myself. When I mentioned I would be travelling from Ireland if I could get tickets, he actually transferred me to the guy who can see what's currently available (gotta admire that Irish-Boston connection ;)).

According to his system, there is less than 50% of seats available, but he is pretty confident that there will still be tickets available when the box office opens on Wednesday morning, especially as there are 4 dates this year.

On an related note, I recently found out that a colleague I've been working with for the last 11 months is a big JW fan and she saw him in Boston in 2006. It's such a nice surprise to meet a score fan in real life. We're so rare!

I'll be back... on Saturday.

They better have good ORCH seats left though... if not I may just wait until 2-3 weeks before the concert when they typically open the first two rows. Happens every year.

They assume he wants a stage extension (for a chorus, soloists, etc.) but when he shows up for rehearsals I guess he says "Oh, I don't need it," so they restore the table space.

Well I'm logged in waiting to click on the concert at 10:00...

Got'em! Row E Table 102. Still three seats there if fellow JWFans want to join me.

Forget what I said about the first rows being released later. They are on sale NOW, but only on the sides. It happened one year (2006) where they only extended the podium section to give the conductor a little more space. As the discount for row A is now only $20 you're better off coming back 3-4 rows and being centred.

Don't worry. There are PLENTY of seats left for Saturday night. Rows C, D, E, F, G almost untouched. It's mostly the balcony seats that get snapped up by locals first because they're cheaper, but if you're actually travelling to Boston, the price difference pales in comparison to what you'll pay for lodging, transportation.

Can someone help me! I don't understand this table business, I am currently in Row F for a table seat 1 and 2. On the little viewer that popped up my view looks great however I am looking at a seating plan on the bso website and it doesn't have any tables and seats one and two are at the far end!

What section? 101-104 are in the middle. 1, 3, 5, 2, 4, 6 are on the sides (odd left, even right). Not to scare anyone but they are selling pretty quick.

OK I got in. Marcy and I will be in the left side balcony Saturday night. Front row seats, a little ways back. I actually prefer the balcony to the tables.

Yeah, you'll be at the table right next to mine. BUY! Looking at the map there are three seats left at 102 and one left at 103 if y'all want to join us.

Since so many of us are going again we should really contact the BSO ahead of time this year to make it onto a guest list for Saturday night to ensure that we get a group photo with the Maestro after the concert.

Since so many of us are going again we should really contact the BSO ahead of time this year to make it onto a guest list for Saturday night to ensure that we get a group photo with the Maestro after the concert.

Holy shit, we can do that? Yes, yes!!

Hoping someone has a contact. If not I can come up with a convincing letter that can be mailed to the appropriate person. This will be my 11th year attending their concerts (first one was on May 24, 2003).

Holy shit, we can do that? Yes, yes!!

I'm already doing back flips over the fact that I have such awesome seats. If this is possible I am in! Maybe if we bother them enough they'll concede just so we leave them alone haha.

If not I will look forward to meeting you all anyway! =)