John Williams at Symphony Hall, June 7-12, 2013 (Boston MA)

KingPin

I'm trying to sell my tickets, but have been unsuccessful so far. If I don't manage to sell them, I will be impoverished but you will see my smiling face at the shows and dinners! If I do sell them, you won't. :mellow: This whole thing is really a win/lose/lose/win scenario.

I'm tentatively coming to the Saturday night show. I'll only be able to confirm officially Thursday, but if I do come I'll be in Boston Friday and could come to dinner even if I'm not seeing the show.

Uno's....

with all the fine Boston Pizza joints, you go to a chicago style.... :bash:

I know, but it's literally right across the street from Symphony Hall. There's not a whole lot of choices for a large party in that particular area unfortunately.

I'm just thinking about Stefan here being in one of the great cities in America and getting the most out of it. but being close is good then.

gosh I need a complete New England vacation,

Aw cool, 8 nights here!

Yea there is good stuff ALLLLLl over the place in Boston

You gotta have a couple meals in the North End!

Well there is no "Boston South" - there's South Boston and South End (which is North of South Boston :P)

I'd say Symphony Hall is kind of at the intersection of Back Bay, Fenway/Kenmore and the South End really.... It's kind of in a weird spot lol.

The South End is a very nice neighborhood. I've enjoyed staying there last year... plenty of good restaurants to choose from in the area, all along Tremont St especially.

I'll be staying in a studio that is just around a minute-walk away from the Prudential this year.

Well, I managed to sell all my tickets for this weekend, so I won't be there for the dinners or concerts. I'll probably be going to the Kentucky concert in January instead. I'm sorry to miss out on meeting all the fine folks from JWFan, but I hope you all have a great time!

Alrighty

Does anybody know how to get in touch with Foxfan and JWFangirl1992 so we know if they are joining us for dinner or not?

Anybody else coming to these concerts that hasn't spoken up yet?

I am flying in from London on Friday and will attend both dinners, even though I'm just going to the Saturday evening performance.

On that note I have an extra premium ORCH ticket for Saturday available at face value for $105 should anyone here regret not buying one early and seeing the SOLD OUT notice on the performance page. Let me know ASAP if interested as I am considering listing it elsewhere. A little broke after weeks visiting the UK and Ireland so I need the money. :P

For those considering a stay at the HI Hostel in Boston, get a membership card in your home city before leaving. You will be issued a "2 nights for the price of 1" coupon in the welcome package. I stayed there last month and will be there again this weekend. Brand new and fantastic facilities (nowhere near the horrible conditions I've seen across the pond).

Your local hostel will sell you one on the spot for $25 or so. Reduces your stays anywhere by $3 per night. But on second thought this 2 for 1 might only be given with memberships bought at us hostels though. If you're swinging by NYC or Baltimore first.

And no one on the fence yet for my ticket?

Guys, take with you to Boston some cameras :) We should definietely make some recordings of JW concert. As far as I know there is no problem with recording on the orchestra places.

Really?

I was told it would not be possible...

Well, I am sure they will not sey "Yes", but if you take camera with you and say that you will make only pictures it will not be a problem. No one will control if you take the pictures or recording the video ;)

I saw the promotional video on the front page, and was worried for a second when I thought Lockhart said "as Williams LEAVES the Pops...." untill I realized he said "As Williams LEADS the Pops". Phew.

Symphony Hall DEFINITELY doesn't allow video recording. At the 2011 concert I was pulled out of the main hall during the second half and asked if I was recording the concert. I guess one of the musicians saw me taking videos. I had to tell them I wasn't and wouldn't be taking my camera out again and just wanted to enjoy the show.

Ditto! Reports, pics, videos! Pretty please! :)

Symphony Hall DEFINITELY doesn't allow video recording. At the 2011 concert I was pulled out of the main hall during the second half and asked if I was recording the concert. I guess one of the musicians saw me taking videos. I had to tell them I wasn't and wouldn't be taking my camera out again and just wanted to enjoy the show.

I am sorry for you. I will take my camera and I'll make some pictures at least.

OK, flying to the US tomorrow. Can't wait.

Jason, I've arranged to meet up with friends Friday evening; and prior to my concert on Saturday is unavailable for me too, so I'll have to cancel my place at dinner sadly. Hopefully next year...

ROTFLMAO

I told my flatmate that I'm going to see a JW concert. She asked me to play some of his music so I played the Superman main theme and she reponded with:

"Oh, that's from the show with the bald guy in the red shirt"

ROTFLMAO

Are all of you attending starting to get pre-concert jitters? Heart all a-flutter, butterflies in your stomach and general giddiness abound. ;)

A little. Mostly because I hate rush hour in Boston lol. Jason are we texting or messaging when we get down there tomorrow. I'll be just making it in time for dinner.

Ren if you're coming in from Maine and worried about traffic just park at Sullivan square (park and ride) and take the orange line in.

Final list?

Friday - 6pm dinner at The Pour House
907 Boylston Street #21
Boston, MA 02115
Jason and Marcy
Stefancos
Foxfan
Ren and Dan
TOTAL - 6
Saturday - 5pm dinner at Uno Chicago Grill
280 Huntington Ave
Boston, MA 02115

Jason and Marcy

Stefancos
Foxfan
josefsuma and Laëtitia
Joe Brausam & 2 guests
obiwan71

TOTAL - 10

Going to Tuesday show only
rpvee
Not coming at all anymore
Smeltington

?

JWFangirl1992

Ren if you're coming in from Maine and worried about traffic just park at Sullivan square (park and ride) and take the orange line in.

That's a thought Dan and I are leaving at 3 PM and I was hoping to valet park my car at the hotel and take a taxi to the restaurant but who knows?

Hey everyone, sorry I've been busy lately and haven't been on here in a while. I will be attending Saturday but unfortunately will not be for dinner, I have no idea what time I will be getting up into Boston.

Where are we all scouting after the concert to see if we can get autographs? Alas, I will probably be in insane high heeled shoes so no limo running for me this year.

I am going with my mother and she actually called the BSO and they said to call back on Saturday and ask for some guy (my mother has his name) and he will let us know if he plans on doing any meet or greet before hand. So I will call first thing Saturday morning and if he does plan on doing something I will definitely let you guys know on here.