John Williams at Symphony Hall, June 7-12, 2013 (Boston MA)

KingPin

I wish I could be with you guys Saturday! Post lots of details (if you meet him and stuff) so I know what to expect on Tuesday! :D

Right now, my plane would just be taking off for Boston via Reykjavik. The next few days will be a bit painful to read, as everyone is gathering together for this awesome event. :unsure:

Right now, my plane would just be taking off for Boston via Reykjavik. The next few days will be a bit painful to read, as everyone is gathering together for this awesome event. :unsure:

Not everyone Thor. A lot of us are still fixed on European soil.

Lmao

Well. I'll be meeting Stefan today. I've known him since 2002. Crazy.

I'll be sure to take pictures of the historic occasion :)

For some reason the Boston programs are never known beforehand. But since Stefan, Ren, dfenton85, and possibly others are attending tonight's show, they can take a picture of the program page and post it here so we'll know before tomorrow.

For some reason the Boston programs are never known beforehand. But since Stefan, Ren, dfenton85, and possibly others are attending tonight's show, they can take a picture of the program page and post it here so we'll know before tomorrow.

But that is going to be a wonderful surprise then.

It could include classics like War of the Worlds, Munich, Presumed Innocent, Seven Years in Tibet, Rosewood, Sleepers, Stanley & Iris, Nixon... ;)

Or, in light of recent events, maybe it's time to dust off Fanfare for Ten-Year-Olds?

Agreed, though, it's nice to get there and be surprised! Although at the Atlanta concert, I heard a lot of strains of different pieces from the program as the orchestra was warming up. So it wasn't a complete surprise when I heard those pieces later, but at least I didn't know until I arrived.

I wish I could be with you guys Saturday! Post lots of details (if you meet him and stuff) so I know what to expect on Tuesday! :D

You can be with us on Saturday! Just buy my extra ticket. Best seat in symphony hall!

What? The other day you said:

OK, flying to the US tomorrow. Can't wait.

Jason, I've arranged to meet up with friends Friday evening; and prior to my concert on Saturday is unavailable for me too, so I'll have to cancel my place at dinner sadly. Hopefully next year...

What? The other day you said:

OK, flying to the US tomorrow. Can't wait.

Jason, I've arranged to meet up with friends Friday evening; and prior to my concert on Saturday is unavailable for me too, so I'll have to cancel my place at dinner sadly. Hopefully next year...

Yeah, I'm going to the Saturday show and I *had* planned to go the Friday dinner, but I cancelled my place in that post.

Nothing has changed ;)

I'm glad I didn't intend to do much sightseeing on this trip to Boston, it's non-stop rain all day. I went to Loews theater beside Boston Common to see After Earth - it's pretty bad but the production design is quite unique. Almost nothing about JNH's score interested me, sadly. A big disappointment.

Nice picture of two good-looking men! I hope you're having fun and that you'll fully enjoy tonight's concert.

Still have to realize I'm boarding in less than 10 hours here in Paris. I should now go to bed. :sarcasm:

He doesn't look as terrifying as he usually seems around here.

Jokes aside, I hope you're having a great night guys! Enjoy yourselves, and bring lots of pictures and good memories! :)

Holy crap the program this year is the best ever! Tomorrow night is going to rock!

It's not accurate. He's doing things out of order

Here's the updated programa9y5umy2.jpg

eredasaj.jpg

Hope that's ok to post

A little overwhelmed by the amount of film montages. Would rather just listen.

The Accidental Tourist would have been great to hear, it's a shame it was replaced! Same with The Throne Room, which I'd prefer to hear over the other Star Wars selections. But otherwise I really like that program!

I basically ignored the film montages and the lightning effects and focused on the music.

It was a great concert!

Ren has a wonderfully happy and pregnant glow about her :)

Yep, even after being soaked because of the rain, and her hair all messy.

Looks like an excellent programme despite the few changes! :)

And cool pics guys!