John Williams at Symphony Hall, June 7-12, 2013 (Boston MA)

KingPin

Here you go:

stefo.jpg

And here's a zoom in of the pic of JW either signing Steef's LP or just after signing it, with Meghan and Damien looking on

stef2p.jpg

Met him coming in!!! No time for pictures, but he signed my Empire Strikes Back vinyl! Hoping to get a pic after the concert. :)

Congrats! Man next time he's at a concert where fellow JWFAN members go and try to get autographs, I'd love to send my RCA ESB (laser etched discs) set to a member and see if I can get it signed.

We had a great time indeed! I was glad to meet again some of our beloved members I had first come across last year, and had the utter privilege to meet the famous Stefan Cosman this time. Concerts were delightful as expected.

Yesterday night was kind of an adventure, with all that rain pouring down by the end of the afternoon. We (that is rpvee and his mum, josefsuma and Régis, my French counterpart) were brave enough to wait under such rain and had got to the stage door very early... so that we were lucky to meet the Maestro (who presented himself at the door very early, at around 7!). That was truly a brief, intense encounter, during which we got our things signed! It was all worth the wait and the effort, as you can imagine.

Great report, Stefan. I think I can see the seat by one of the tables near the stage that I had ordered. I guess someone else snapped up my cancelled ticket.

Awesome write-up so far, can't wait for the next part!

Glad you got pictures of dinner and other things I missed!

Continued from part 1.

After the concert the rain was still awful. No cab was in sight so we decided to try the subway to get back to Ren and Dan's hotel. After some trouble actually trying to find out which station to get out of(Renovia looking on the app at her phone while a subway map way right in front of us....and her ignoring Dan and I pointing that fact out....)

LMAO typical female. :P

Great stories, Stefan.

I like the close up of the hand-written violin part of SW in part 1.(With the ear-plugs on a stand... :rolleyes: )

And once again: the brass section of the BSO is definitely not flimsy. It's a brilliant section with class and elegance(as you noticed after heard live).

There are some that I have not yet posted, like another pic of you drunk, but not so drunk looking as the one I put up ;)

Various comments.

My first trip to the US as an adult. I'm not gonna say I know all about America now, or even Boston (I barely got past South End, Back Bay etc etc)

Some cliche's I have found to be true. Portions are bigger. Some are a lot bigger.

Their service with a smile is not exaggerated.

The Service sector is really geared towards helping their customers. So you are greeted with a smile and a "How are you doing?" and they help you out as best you can. To me foreign eyes it may be a bit honey, or even glib at times, But i certainly did feel like I was being helped.

I have complained before about the prospect of tipping. it's not something I loike, being FORCED to tip, but accepted it as part of the culture I was in. even got a tipping app, so I could calculate the correct price.

But oh my, did I hate the waiters and waitresses.

They are soooo pleased to see you, soooo eager to help you, sooo encouraging of you to order something more. Not because they like you, just to boost their percentage. One waitress wrote on her bill the amount i should pay and 'thank you" one waiter called me his "brother" and said he was gonna look out for me. When he gave me the bill he put his arm around my shoulder.

Grasping, glib, dishonest parasites! This is the behaviour of hookers in the Red Light District in Amsterdam, trying with their smiles and small talk to invite you in!

This is the only aspect of an almost perfect holiday. It really fucking annoyed me!

Overall Boston was a pleasant place to walk around (though I avoided Chinatown at night, it was a bit grubby). Lot of begging going on all over though. Particularly Boylston.

It's a handsome city. Not that old to my European eyes (the city I live in is over 600 years old) but with really nice buildings.

And while it is big, it never felt overwhelming. It has great character.

I also noticed something. Posters of JW were plastered all over town. For his upcoming performances. The man really is famous here. He is part of their popular cultural heritage.

The JWfan shirt was a huge success. audience members asked where I bought it. Orchestra members pointed me out to players sitting next to them. deep in my heart I hope it registered to John Williams.

The Trekkies looked at me like I was a fucking freak though. Even the ones in full costume.....

Last night was AMAZING!!!!! I met a few fellow JWFan-ers, we all got autographs when Williams arrived. The concert itself was incredible ("The Adventures of Mutt" wasn't on the program, but was performed before "Marion's Theme" anyway). My mom and I go to one of the Film Night concerts every year, it's something of a tradition for both of us, and this year we decided to get seats literally right in front of Williams' podium (we usually get balcony). Seeing him RIGHT THERE was breathtaking, the music sounded strikingly close, the projected videos looked immense, and I even met the woman in charge of cuing the videos, who was very nice and apparently works closely with Williams (and told me she wrote the lyrics to "Duel of the Fates"...? Maybe she was one of the translators). I know that's not much of a review, but so much of the concert itself has been covered in detail so there's not much I can add to that. I didn't get to have my program signed or a get picture with Williams after the show (he signed a little boy's program who was right in front of me but then moved on... maybe he recognized me from before and wanted to give others a chance? Which would be fair of course). While he was signing the boy's autograph, I did thank him for the amazing concert, but he didn't reply to that, it was a bit strange. He didn't stay out there for more than two minutes either. But overall I can't complain at all, I still got an autograph, was front row, and just overall had an absolutely amazing time. Can't wait for next year!!

I'll post pics later. :)

The Trekkies looked at me like I was a fucking freak though. Even the ones in full costume.....

LMAO, that's actually funny but sadly true.

I bet Jason emberassed Marcy when he got drunk lol.

Absolutely wonderful report Stefan! Many thanks! At least we, who couldn't travel, can experience some of the spirit of such a meeting by proxy. :)

Amazing report, Stefan! Thanks for sharing your feelings and emotions with us.

Reading your words made me feel even more giddy about my choice to return to Chicago next November! I hope to meet some of you guys there!

I have way too many photos to post on here so here's the album on my Facebook, add me and then feel free to take a look!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151503947897252.1073741827.562447251&type=3&uploaded=26

Great pictures and story! Was it just allowed to take pictures during the concert??

Pictures yes video no