John Williams at Symphony Hall, June 7-12, 2013 (Boston MA)

KingPin

So did you enjoy Lincoln pieces Stefan, having not heard the score before?

Oh and a question to those who had heard it, was e.g. Malice Toward None different than the album version? I would love to hear a concertized version of this theme and wasn't there reports that Williams actually made a new version of it with cello in central role.

That was so much fun'! I was disappointed my thin side didn't come through on some of the pics tho lol

I'm truly glad I finally got to meet Stefan in person. It's been a long time coming.

Yeah John Williams is a sure giveaway of that. ;)

Oooh you were almost close enough to touch the Maestro!

Come on! One short leap from a booth to Stefan Cosman, one giant step for JWFandom's stalking spirit! They say that one touch of Williams' coat will cure the sick and inspire pure musical bliss in human beings. Think of the price such relic as a piece of cloth from JWs coat would bring on eBay!

Do denying I'm in "Merica"!

Fantastic seats, looks almost identical to my positioning to the orchestra and Howard Shore at the LotR symphony. Was the timpani just off to the left, really really close?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Pictures look great, and did I spot a faint smile on Stefan on one of them..? ;)

Enjoy yourself over there...! Looks like one awesome trip..! :)

Wow Stefan you had some awesome seats!

This program looks fantastic! I am very excited that this concert is only featuring Williams, the past four I've been to in New York was a split program so it was your traditional, Star Wars, Jaws, Schindler's, etc (and to my delight last concert, Sabrina).

Photos from dinner look great as well, bummed I won't be there tonight for dinner but I will be the young girl in a black dress with a silver buckle in the middle at Row E table 103. If any of you see me please come up and introduce yourselves I would love to meet some of you. I've been on and off of this board for nearly 8 years and every time I do come on I see a lot of the regulars so I would definitely be delighted meeting all of you in person (my real name is Meghan btw :) )

Tonight myself, Stefancos, Foxfan, josefsuma, Joe Brausam, obiwan71, JWFangirl1992, and dfenton85 are all going to the concert, yes!

There is also a dinner at Uno Chicago Grill next to Symphony Hall at 5pm with at least 10 of us in attendance:

Jason and Marcy
Stefancos
Foxfan
josefsuma and Laëtitia
Joe Brausam & 2 guests
obiwan71

Why do you ask?

who is who in the pictures. I know Ren, I do not know the guys one either side or the other woman.

I met Stefan Cosman.... and survived!

that was :nopity: not in the plan!!!

Does Foxfan have a name? Jason you have gray in your beard.

glad you all had a great time

Stefan, you look like an international evil mastermind, Oh wait you are. duh.

Well I don't know if he wants his real name posted to the board or not. He doesn't post much anyway...

Yea, I spent years unable to grow a beard that would come in full, then by the time it finally came in full, it was mostly grey!

Hi i am Theo from Netherlands and i will go to the concert tonight! It would be great to meet other John Wiliams fans. I am sitting on row J seat 5!

Awww Ren and Stefan, friends meeting at last. That's so nice! :)

Everyone coming to dinner tonight - when you enter Unos, just turn left and walk into the "Symphony Room". Me, Marcy, and Stefan are already there!

Some friends of mine flew over for the concerts this weekend. I could have joined them if I had the time, but I declined as it would have been too stressful right now. Still, I wish I could be there.

Wow tonight was absolutely incredible! Lincoln and Hook were definitely two of my favorite pieces of the night. Being able to meet him for a brief second was amazing as well, he looked amazing for his age and the way he conducts with such vigor is so impressive.

Meeting everyone was so great as well, I took so many photos but I won't be able to get around to them til at least tomorrow so ill have some up as soon as I can!

I'm glad you were able to finally get an autograph! Maybe next year will be my lucky year for it.

It was a great concert, Lincoln was certainly a highlight and differed from the OST quite a bit at times. I'll write more when I get home tomorrow. It was great meeting all of you!

I love you guys!

Wow tonight was absolutely incredible! Lincoln and Hook were definitely two of my favorite pieces of the night. Being able to meet him for a brief second was amazing as well, he looked amazing for his age and the way he conducts with such vigor is so impressive.

Meeting everyone was so great as well, I took so many photos but I won't be able to get around to them til at least tomorrow so ill have some up as soon as I can!

You had a glowing smile during the concert!

If I had been there I think I would have been grinning like a fool through the entire event. :P

Next time I can get drunk!

You have something to look forward to then! :P