The Television Show Music Thread

Faleel

I thought I should create a thread for Television music.

I really like Star Trek TOS's music, and think that alot of TV shows should have Various composer, instead of just one reign of terror.

I also recently discovered Tim Jones music for "Chuck" which, while not a masterpiece, has some good cues.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Tilton's music for FRINGE is simply beautiful, especially his music for season three. Giacchino's music for LOST is a delight to listen to as well.

I've just started listening to Ramin Djawadi's score for PERSON OF INTEREST, and that also has some nice cues.

Tv has had some wonderful music over the years, from kids shows to historical documentaries. I hope this thread won't just be a place for talk of the more symphonic tv soundtrack, because much of the legendary stuff would be overlooked.

The Track Team composed of the duo Jeremy Zuckerman & Benjamin Wynn composed some of the most compelling TV scores of the last few years with their epic scores from Avatar: The Last Airbender and the sequel The Legend of Korra.

Well, if we take out animation, my favourite music ever from a TV show is from "Beauty and the Beast".

Also, I have a thing for Dynasty theme. I dont' remember the rest of the music.

I hope a cd would be released.

The action music for Chuck does feel like a rip-off of the Bourne scores at times, but it's just so up beat and fits the series so well that it never quite bothered me. I might even buy it if it's released. 24 was another action show with occasional musical highlights. And then there's LOST, which I'd enjoy it a lot more if fewer tracks ended with the same, tired, "scary" string effects. My favorite television composer however is Mark Snow. I haven't heard his music for The Medium or Smallville, but I'm a big fan of The X-Files and Millennium, synthetic as they are.

The Track Team composed of the duo Jeremy Zuckerman & Benjamin Wynn composed some of the most compelling TV scores of the last few years with their epic scores from Avatar: The Last Airbender and the sequel The Legend of Korra.

I completely agree. Their music is consistently amazing, and it's an absolute shame those scores haven't received proper releases yet.

The action music for Chuck does feel like a rip-off of the Bourne scores at times.

Yeah, I have not listened to the Bourne scores, so I don't worry about that, besides most of the music I like in the show is the stuff that is tracked the most in the show (Morgan/Chuck Theme, Heroic Theme, Family Theme, Danger/The Ring Theme, Family/Plan Theme and the Videogamelike Suspense Theme)

For instance there is a theme in Chuck that reminds me of a more upbeat and less ethnic version of this cue from Skyward Sword with the "plinky" orchestration:

Tv has had some wonderful music over the years, from kids shows to historical documentaries. I hope this thread won't just be a place for talk of the more symphonic tv soundtrack, because much of the legendary stuff would be overlooked.

You could start with illuminating us about the legendary stuff you talk about.

I completely agree. Their music is consistently amazing, and it's an absolute shame those scores haven't received proper releases yet.

Season 3 of Avatar, in particular, is amazing.

You could start with illuminating us about the legendary stuff you talk about.

I want a CD of Unsolved Mysteries music.

Season 3 of Avatar, in particular, is amazing.

Hell yeah, particularly the one they used in the season 3 trailers.