AFI's 10 Best Movies of the year (Lincoln included)

filmmusic

Here's the list in alphabetical order:

Argo

Beasts of the Southern Wild

The Dark Knight Rises

Django Unchained

Les Miserables

Life of Pi

Lincoln

Moonrise Kingdom

Silver Linings Playbook

Zero Dark Thirty

http://insidemovies....film-institute/

(in the above link you can see also the 10 best TV shows. I see there was an argument in another thread. ;) )

As someone said in a comment, I lost respect for AFI due to the inclusion of Dark Knight Rises.

What else have you seen from this list? Do you agree?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only seen Lincoln, Life of Pi and TDKR. I enjoyed them all so I can't complain.

I want to see Life of Pi too, since I hear so many good reviews, but that CGI tiger puts me off a bit (I'm not sure if this is the right expression)

Dark Knight Deserves it spot but its sad no one had the balls to list Skyfall which is superior to Lincoln, Argo, Life of Pi, and Dark Knight Rises.

but but how did Avengers NOT make the list.

Saw Dark Knight Rises, Life of Pi, and Lincoln, and out of those I'd probably drop Life of Pi. I enjoyed the movie, but not to the extent I'd include it in a best-of list.

I would have included The Master, and of course Avengers was my other personal favorite, but it's not the type of movie that's likely to win non-technical awards on a year-end list.

Dark Knight Deserves it spot but its sad no one had the balls to list Skyfall which is superior to Lincoln, Argo, Life of Pi, and Dark Knight Rises.

Skyfall was ineligible for the AFI list as it is not primarily an American production.