Those of you who saw Empire Strikes Back in theaters after you saw Stars Wars in theaters...

BLUMENKOHL

Describe the moment between the theater lights dimming and the fanfare blast for you.

What was going through your head?

I can't imagine what it must have been like.

I try to think about what I would be thinking in that moment. Honestly I would probably wonder if the music for the titles would be different. If there would be a title crawl. If the text color would be different for that crawl. If the text might crawl right to left?

I mean...at that point, it could have gone in any direction.

Not as amazing experience as seeing LotR in theatres.

Hee hee.

I wish I had that chance. :(

Why didn't you? Don't say you were too young ...! Were you?

God I feel old.

I was 8-ish at the time when RotK came out in 2003. Yes, I'm pretty damn young, I guess most of you guessed that by now. :P

I remembering seeing giant billboards with LotR everywhere, but I never cared for it (didn't know what it was). Funny enough, I got into the books 2 years later, and then became a huge fan of the films shortly after.

Not as amazing experience as seeing LotR in theatres.

Hee hee.

I wish I had that chance. :(

Why didn't you? Don't say you were too young ...! Were you?

God I feel old.

And I misread that "chance". I thought it was chance to choose between TESB and Lotr.

God I don't feel old. I AM.

Really?

Christ im dealing with kids here!

You'll never take me seriously again! Not that you ever did in the first place... ;)

I was 8-ish at the time when RotK came out in 2003. Yes, I'm pretty damn young, I guess most of you guessed that by now. :P

And no cinema near you had a showing of LotR after that? Not even now with the Hobbit?

I can't imagine what it must be like, never having heard The End Of All Things on the big screen.

And no cinema near you had a showing of LotR after that? Not even now with the Hobbit?

I can't imagine what it must be like, never having heard The End Of All Things on the big screen.

Well I wasn't interested in LotR till 2005. That's when I first read the books and first saw the films. They never really had marathons where I used to live. And they still don't show them now in Canada! It's frustrating.

You'll never take me seriously again! Not that you ever did in the first place... ;)

Gotten quite used to talking with younguns actually.

Do remember being shocked years ago by the revelation that JWFanGirl was like14 years old. Had to check my posts just to make sure I had not broken any laws.

Gotten quite used to talking with younguns actually.

Do remember being shocked years ago by the revelation that JWFanGirl was like14 years old. Had to check my posts just to make sure I had not broken any laws.

Yikes. We talking about Ren level innuendos here?

Speaking of which, is Ren going to be back anytime soon? I know she posted that she liked the film.

Shut up BloodBoal...I knew putting a number there was a big mistake. I was hoping your ignorance would keep you away from this thread!

How old are YOU BloodBoal?

BloodBoal is timeless. He's been since the dawn of time, 'ere the rise of creation. And he shall be here long after man falls and when all that's left of the world is ash and shadow.

I can't believe Steef Quint and I are about the same age.

I imagine Steef to be about my age (he's actually older!). I imagine Quint is about "Most Interesting Man Alive" age. ;)

The worst part of posting here is that moment you realize you could be the father of some of the members here. Seriously...what if that one encounter in 1995...Oh god.

I'm only a few years younger than Alice and Chaac here.

The combination between your typical avatars and your fluid native English still make me think on you as older than me, somehow.

Funny, because I find many of my posts make me come off as an immature prat who doesn't have a clue what he's talking about ;)

At least I'm sure that's how BloodBoal reads my posts.

The worst part of posting here is that moment you realize you could be the father of some of the members here. Seriously...what if that one encounter in 1995...Oh god.

That just means that The Lord of the Rings reaches all ages! I mean... John Williams.

I can't believe Steef Quint and I are about the same age.

I imagine Steef to be about my age (he's actually older!). I imagine Quint is about "Most Interesting Man Alive" age. ;)

Cheeky bastard - I'm nowhere near as old as Alexcremers.

K.K., you have the enthusiasm of someone young.

Around your mid to late 20s and up you suddenly turn into a Grinch like the rest of us.

Oh dear, must I suffer so cruel a fate?

Somewhere in his 20's is my uniformed guess.

he's 22.

facades got nothing on me. I can see right through that man.

Join the club. Oh you're already a well established member I see.

On a related note, I can see right through your window.

Your nine inch cock.

He's an augmented water bear. He cannot be destroyed.

What's his name?

christian, pierre or matthieu.

Totally, right? I've been thinking this from the beginning. I could swear I read him say where he was from in his early days, although I might be confusing him with somebody else.