Star Trek & Into Darkness & Beyond - Live to Projection

TownerFan

The one major downfall of all these popular 'film in concert' events, is that you get more fucking inconsiderate arseholes called 'the general public,' who just love the sound of their own uneducated voices as they talk for 90% of the film and leave the second it says 'directed by...' so they can go and be inconsiderate elsewhere. Because we all know they're not there for the music. You know they're idiots when they spend a lot of money to see a film they could see for free at home.

Sorry for my mini-rant, but I hate people.

12 minutes ago, leeallen01 said:

You know they're idiots when they spend a lot of money to see a film they could see for free at home.

For me, watching Return of the King live (with a very polite, quiet audience) was just as much about getting the see the movie on a big screen again as much it was about the music. They're meant to go hand-in-hand.

That's the whole point of live-to-projection as compared to an old-school "film music" concert.

Yes it is part of it to see the film on the big screen again in a large concert hall. But you clearly aren't the people I'm talking about. The real idiots are the ones that come to these concerts to just talk and sneeze and drink and eat and be generally awful. 

Those are the people that should stay at home, because they're clearly not there to watch the film or hear the music or they'd shut the hell up.

Anywho, the concert was great. They played the Yorktown theme coming out of intermission before the film restarted. So it was lovely to hear it separate from the film and fully audible as well as in the film itself. The entire action sequence where the Enterprise is destroyed was fantastic. I love Giacchino's use of Brass and Percussion throughout that battle because it's punchy and full of attack, meaning it gets through the sound effects well. Very exciting to experience live in concert. And the final action sequence as Jaylah's theme is played in full glory was wonderful. The orchestra were good. The choir could have been bigger to really beef up those choral sections. But overall a good performance.

20180603_143125.jpg

On 6/3/2018 at 9:59 AM, leeallen01 said:

I'm heading to London now for Star Trek Beyond. I heard his Yorktown theme at his 50th Birthday Celebration, so I'm looking forward to hearing it again, plus every single note of his score. 

I overslept and missed it lol

The audience stayed to the end with Star Trek the previous night and no one spoke throughout so it was nice but I think the Albert Hall is better with that in general.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I caught this San Diego Symphony rehearsal video of ‘Star Trek Beyond’-L2P concert taken by Gia.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIDVtsrgGuv/?hl=en

Question: Can anyone tell me whether the scene that uses this cue have any talking or sound-effects on it?